ADVERTISEMENT

Now that the Pitt-Tennessee series has ended, what SEC team would you like to see Pitt schedule?

The Jackie Sherril Classic - either A&M or Miss State. Castrate a bull pre-game on the 50 yard line. Bring on the cowbells!! Will always remember Larry torching the A&M defensive backs!

Vanderbilt - not a real difficult opponent and get an excuse to spend time in Nashville.

Ole Miss - would love to experience the Grove, but travel to get there probably isn't easy.

Tennessee - I messed up by not going last time, didn't realize that Gatlinburg was so developed and would have made for a nice trip.
Gatlinburg sucks

It’s the redneck riviera. Overcrowded with idiots. Trying to get through town to the park is a nightmare. Then, when you get to the park, it is overrun with similar idiots. Been there three times and hated it every time.

Reactions: jtbuba
It’s the redneck riviera. Overcrowded with idiots. Trying to get through town to the park is a nightmare. Then, when you get to the park, it is overrun with similar idiots. Been there three times and hated it every time.

Haha, fair enough. I stayed there for the Pitt game and thought it had a great vibe. Like the boardwalk without the beach. And that's without even getting to explore the Smoky Mountains or Pigeon Forge (we drove through there on our way to the stadium the next day). I'd have definitely booked a few days down there had I known more about what it was all about. Plus I think it's only like an hour from Asheville, which seems like it could make for a cool trip. I didn't think the people in the tourist area were too bad on that late summer Friday (i.e. probably a lot of out-of-towners in), but having stopped for gas off the beaten path on the way in, I could see what you mean. There was a family there that made Fayette County look like a black tie affair. I imagine they trickle into the tourist sections throughout the year.

All in all, though, my memories of it are very fond.

That sounds like a description of Myrtle Beach. Substitute beach for park.

South Carolina for a reasonable game that is easy for most Pitt fans to drive and is a cool atmosphere.

LSU for the diehard Pitt fans that can make a week of it.

Georgia because in five to ten years Pitt will be due for their top five upset win against all odds.
I’ve been to Baton Rouge. A day is more than enough.

New Orleans would be a nice place to visit, but three days there was enough for me.

Reactions: Conemaugh
I’ve been to Baton Rouge. A day is more than enough.

New Orleans would be a nice place to visit, but three days there was enough for me.
Baton Rouge is dump. Great game day atmosphere but it a lot like Flint outside of campus.

Last edited:
It's possible. They played USF in Tampa. The Gators played at Syracuse during the Spurrier era.
They haven't played outdoors in the north in like 50 years or something insane. Even the Cuse game was 23 years ago.

With the Florida State game built in for Florida too, it just seems unlikely. I mean look at their 2025 schedule, all in State:

They haven't played outdoors in the north in like 50 years or something insane. Even the Cuse game was 23 years ago.

With the Florida State game built in for Florida too, it just seems unlikely. I mean look at their 2025 schedule, all in State:

This got me interested in looking. Pretty crazy.

@ Syracuse in 1991
@ Rutgers in 1986
@ Northwestern in 1965

I stopped at WW2

I know you want a balanced schedule of course but people forget we beat Tennessee or UCF (when they were riding a 27 game regular season winning streak) but have lost to Ohio, Western Michigan, Youngstown State, Akron.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT