ADVERTISEMENT

Now that the Pitt-Tennessee series has ended, what SEC team would you like to see Pitt schedule?

cbpitt2

Freshman
Sep 12, 2011
I'd pick South Carolina or LSU. Two nice road trips out of that.

That's a good question. Tennessee was the perfect cross between getting to experience a cool, drivable environment and playing a team with some historical clout that wasn't completely out of our league at the time.

I honestly don't think there is another SEC opponent that could be that ideal. If I had to pick one, give me Florida. Probably a pretty even matchup for now, and their environment seems pretty cool, even though werewolves are afraid of heights so I wouldn't be flying to it.

It's not a good time to catch them, but I'd really like to see us do a home and home with Michigan, if possible. Obviously they're not in the SEC, but I think it would be cool.

I'd work hard on trying to renew a series with Tennessee. They're a school close enough to drive to with a good history. I, also, believe it's the best school to produce a good crowd in Pittsburgh.

If I had to choose another SEC team, it would be Georgia. However, at present, I think that would be a foolish decision because it probably means another loss. Pitt needs to become a top 10 team again before it considers a Georgia series.

Tennessee is definitely the school I would work on.

None of them. There is no good reason to schedule OC on that level. We will surely have one very strong OC game without them. That is enough. Schedule success, not failure.

Reactions: Dan1911
None. We already play in the south enough. I'd like to play one of the following (plus a rival/Notre Dame on the Notre Dame years, a G5, and an FCS game): Rutgers, Maryland, Michigan (we've haven't played them since 1947!), Northwestern.

Reactions: Dan1911
None of them. There is no good reason to schedule OC on that level. We will surely have one very strong OC game without them. That is enough. Schedule success, not failure.

I used to hate this approach, because the ACC is weak already and, at the end of the day, this is all just entertainment.

But with this NIL bologna, you might be on to something. If teams like freaking Maryland are going to try poaching our recruits, we might need those 3 or 4 OOC freebies.

The "they suck now" scheduling strategy rarely works...half this board whines about scheduling who they consider to be the Bama of the Ohio River, the Cincinnati Bearcats, but forget they were a middle of the pack 7-6 AAC school when they were put on the books...

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
Vanderbilt - not a real difficult opponent and get an excuse to spend time in Nashville.

Ole Miss - would love to experience the Grove, but travel to get there probably isn't easy.

Tennessee - I messed up by not going last time, didn't realize that Gatlinburg was so developed and would have made for a nice trip.

Reactions: cbpitt2
If I had to choose another SEC team, it would be Georgia. However, at present, I think that would be a foolish decision because it probably means another loss.
"Probably" a loss? That's gotta be the understatement of the year. They didn't even come out strong and still beat Georgia Tech by 4 scores.

Easy LSU at night.

"Probably" a loss? That's gotta be the understatement of the year. They didn't even come out strong and still beat Georgia Tech by 4 scores.
We would beat GT by 4 scores...(I would have said at the beginning of the season)

Kentucky, Vandy, or South Carolina. All drivable in less than 10 hours.

I'd work hard on trying to renew a series with Tennessee. They're a school close enough to drive to with a good history. I, also, believe it's the best school to produce a good crowd in Pittsburgh.

If I had to choose another SEC team, it would be Georgia. However, at present, I think that would be a foolish decision because it probably means another loss. Pitt needs to become a top 10 team again before it considers a Georgia series.

Tennessee is definitely the school I would work on.
The obvious answer to me, too …I wouldn’t mind seeing the “Johnny Majors Classic” become a fairly regular thing…though I know it would have the gravitas of the River City Rivalry, it’s still the kind of goofy fun stuff that makes college football cool.

I had a good experience dealing with every Tn fan I came across, and usually that can’t be said.

I'd like to set up series with Maryland, temple, navy, UConn and get some easy games and Ohio MAC teams and visit areas within our footprint...and the usf, cent fla type schools.

None. Akron. James Madison. UMass. Etc.

What is wrong with you people. In 4 years from now will you remember we lost to Tenn? No. You’ll remember we were 8-4. Could be 9-3. Quit scheduling hard games. We need PSUs football scheduler.

South Carolina for a reasonable game that is easy for most Pitt fans to drive and is a cool atmosphere.

LSU for the diehard Pitt fans that can make a week of it.

Georgia because in five to ten years Pitt will be due for their top five upset win against all odds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT