ADVERTISEMENT

Now, we will see how much Beck likes Pitt

This cat?

beck.jpg

Duzz and staff need to recruit him very hard. Whatever it takes to show him we are the school that wants him the most. If Duzz lacks anywhere it's his recruiting

If bEck goes to VT it'll add to Nards legacy of not closing when there's competition

I like Narduzzi a lot.

But Fuente has proven to be superior to him in just about every category.

I like Narduzzi a lot.

Except that he is NOT...

Just take a moment and reflect on these 2 football programs over the past 25 years. Which of these 2 coaches accepted the biggest challenge? Which football program, including major donor contributions, administrative support, attractive and functional facilities, positive local media coverage and long term coaching stability, has had a decided competitive advantage over the other during that timeframe?

To simply state that the Fuentes is superior to Narduzzi in just about every category after only 1 year at VA Tech is unfair given the circumstances around both programs that were present when each coach was hired.

Time will tell...

Reactions: DiehardPanther
The problem is not PN. It is not an easy product to sell, and we do not provide the extra care packages that others do.

care to link these extra care packages........if ncaa violations are involved please report at once or at the very least get a hold of someone at the PPG

Reactions: Jpripper88
If bEck goes to VT it'll add to Nards legacy of not closing when there's competition

I like Narduzzi a lot.

Just wow on these two quotes. Please give me the basis to your quotes. I like Fuente, but he has not done anything superior to PN to this point. Pitt went down there last year and had the game won, but let it slip. And, they got a few DEs from us at the end, but Duzz still recruited well. We'll see what is in store in the future.

Fuente has a track record as a HC prior to VT. A winning one at that. 2 of his last 3 years he won 10 games in a season. Two of those 10 win seasons were at Memphis, not exactly a winning football program. When is the last time a pitt coach has done that? VT and Miami made very good hires, experienced ones at that.

With a one year body of work to make a judgement? Pitt fans never cease to amaze me.

I don't have one year I have several what he did at Memphis was nothing short of phenomenal.

And I have an opinion.....what never ceases to amaze me is that you can't have a god damn opinion without someone jumping down your throat.

Reactions: sherepower
Fuente has a track record as a HC prior to VT. A winning one at that. 2 of his last 3 years he won 10 games in a season. Two of those 10 win seasons were at Memphis, not exactly a winning football program. When is the last time a pitt coach has done that? VT and Miami made very good hires, experienced ones at that.
Fuente is a good coach. No doubt. Narduzzi is as well. It is easier to win at Miami and VT. Pitt is one of the more difficult Power 5 jobs.

There are 2 categories of RBs

1. Elite
2. Everyone else

There's maybe 10 elite RBs a year in college football. After that, there is very little difference between say #11 or #20 and #100. Unless Beck is truly an elite RB, this isn't a recruit or position I lose sleep over. America produces a massive over supply of RBs and small forwards (in basketball).

care to link these extra care packages........if ncaa violations are involved please report at once or at the very least get a hold of someone at the PPG
Ironically the PG printed a story about a highly ranked TE committed to BOB in the middle of the scandal. The recruit was raving about the support and care packages he was receiving from fans.

Cash, cars, hookers, care packages, and even the covering up of rape. Winning football games trumps all at places like PS, Baylor, L'Ville, Bama, etc.

No, not true for Miami. They have never won the ACC. Not including Richt's first year, Miami is 89-62 in the ACC. Yeah, a winning record but not exactly killing it. It's not as easy to win there as people think. They are cheap and have their own stadium issues.

Fuente is a good coach. No doubt. Narduzzi is as well. It is easier to win at Miami and VT. Pitt is one of the more difficult Power 5 jobs.

No, not true for Miami. They have never won the ACC. Not including Richt's first year, Miami is 89-62 in the ACC. Yeah, a winning record but not exactly killing it. It's not as easy to win there as people think. They are cheap and have their own stadium issues.
LOL - There is so much talent in Miami and in the state of FL. Then they can bring in out of state studs to South Beach in the winter when it is 30 degrees back home. A good coach makes them a Top 15 program. A great coach makes them Top 5-10.

He is doing a GOOD job. Saying Fuente is superior doesn't mean he isn't.

He isn't. He didn't get a VT offer until yesterday. 24/7 now has him crystal balled to VT 100%. It's his hometown team, and probably the offer he's been waiting for.

And as far as one can tell....he was going to verbal to ECU if a VT offer did not come through

He wasn't coming here, period.

Reactions: bubba31
Let's be honest: The ONLY REASON it may be harder to win at Pitt is because Pitt's Administration is either completely STUPID or they have covert Penn State alumni on the BOT's. That's it. It's all on Pitt's Administration.

He is doing a GOOD job. Saying Fuente is superior doesn't mean he isn't.

once again it has been one year for Fuentes and two years for Narduzzi. After two years they were ready to build statues for Charlie Weiss and Brady Hoke. Let's have this discussion next September.

Back to Fuente for a moment.

I would only add that Fuente was able to bring in (and develop) a stud QB in Lynch while at Memphis.

I (like many Pitt fans) am still waiting for that one, big time QB recruit to get us over the top.

There are 2 categories of RBs

1. Elite
2. Everyone else

There's maybe 10 elite RBs a year in college football. After that, there is very little difference between say #11 or #20 and #100. Unless Beck is truly an elite RB, this isn't a recruit or position I lose sleep over. America produces a massive over supply of RBs and small forwards (in basketball).

This got buried in all of the b!tch!ing but it's 100% on the money.

And those are always accurate and never change.

Uhh genius.......

I was asked by another poster "according to who?"

I simply answered the question with a source.

You want to debate the accuracy of these predictions have at it.

I was asked a question and simply answered.......

Cheers.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT