ADVERTISEMENT

Now, we will see how much Beck likes Pitt

I don't have one year I have several what he did at Memphis was nothing short of phenomenal.

And I have an opinion.....what never ceases to amaze me is that you can't have a god damn opinion without someone jumping down your throat.

Kentucky had a higher rated 2017 recruiting class than VT.

fuente came into a much better situation than Duzz. bud foster and whole D staff. 25 previous years continuity at VT. Apposed to 5 coaches in 6 years at Pitt and tsentefhey are basicly a few points apart on who represented coastal last year.

These may very well be reasons but still doesn't change the statement.

There are 2 categories of RBs

1. Elite
2. Everyone else

There's maybe 10 elite RBs a year in college football. After that, there is very little difference between say #11 or #20 and #100. Unless Beck is truly an elite RB, this isn't a recruit or position I lose sleep over. America produces a massive over supply of RBs and small forwards (in basketball).

This got buried in all of the b!tch!ing but it's 100% on the money.

Unless that guy is going to be Shady or Conner, all you really need is an Ollison and a really good OL. Shady's and Conner's are uncommon and we've been spoiled by the great RB talent here.

In my opinion, RB is one of the least important positions in football and one of the most overrated in all of sports. America produces enough guys with that skillset who can play "winning football" as long as those around him are good players.

Ya I still don't get it. Va tech still had a higher rated recruiting class then Pitt?

Unless that guy is going to be Shady or Conner, all you really need is an Ollison and a really good OL. Shady's and Conner's are uncommon and we've been spoiled by the great RB talent here.

In my opinion, RB is one of the least important positions in football and one of the most overrated in all of sports. America produces enough guys with that skillset who can play "winning football" as long as those around him are good players.

The NFL would agree.

Make excuses left and right , then facts show we were out recruited by a basketball only school , then the standard and the bar is moved once again. Instead of just stating the fact , Duzz needs to recruit better period

We all want Pitt to recruit better. That is a given. Elite recruits bring exhilaration and hope. But, I think the staff is doing the best they can, and to make assertions such as 'Narduzzi needs to recruit better' is frivolous. Just how does he do that? What does he and the staff change? I think this staff recruits very hard, is well accepted and respected, and they give Pitt reasonable chances at recruits. But Pitt and its program is what it is. Over time, and with better results, Pitt may be a better destination for the 4* and 5*, but now a foundation is being built, and they are getting who they can to fit in. As it is, Pitt will get some elite recruits, but the base will be solid players with potential, that 'fit' their schemes and hopefully help them win more. I really think the staff is making every attempt at improving recruiting and results. Let's hope that leads to then 'next level'.

We all want Pitt to recruit better. That is a given. Elite recruits bring exhilaration and hope. But, I think the staff is doing the best they can, and to make assertions such as 'Narduzzi needs to recruit better' is frivolous. Just how does he do that? What does he and the staff change? I think this staff recruits very hard, is well accepted and respected, and they give Pitt reasonable chances at recruits. But Pitt and its program is what it is. Over time, and with better results, Pitt may be a better destination for the 4* and 5*, but now a foundation is being built, and they are getting who they can to fit in. As it is, Pitt will get some elite recruits, but the base will be solid players with potential, that 'fit' their schemes and hopefully help them win more. I really think the staff is making every attempt at improving recruiting and results. Let's hope that leads to then 'next level'.

This. Pitt could bring in Urban Meyer and he wouldn't even get the classes he does at tOSU.

He doesn't recruit as well as Pitt should be recruiting, WVU passed him by this year. , and they don't even have 3 D 1 kids in their whole state each year. QUIT MAKING EXCUSES AND FIX IT. Sound like Nutting wallet fans

He doesn't recruit as well as Pitt should be recruiting, WVU passed him by this year. , and they don't even have 3 D 1 kids in their whole state each year. QUIT MAKING EXCUSES AND FIX IT. Sound like Nutting wallet fans

WVU has one 4* committed for this year, not exactly passing Pitt up. We'll see by Feb. And, your suggestion to fix it? The staff works hard at recruiting, has some good recruiters, and will continue to make strides. Will not out recruit the bluebloods, but will be competitive.

EXCELLENT SYNOPSIS! Well said!

Make excuses left and right , then facts show we were out recruited by a basketball only school , then the standard and the bar is moved once again. Instead of just stating the fact , Duzz needs to recruit better period
There isn't one good football coach on this planet that could land Top 10-15 classes on a regular basis and want this job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT