ADVERTISEMENT

Offseason Coaching Openings

Why on earth would South Carolina want Droopy Dog?

He couldn't cut it at Ole Miss. He isn't the best recruiter in terms of recruiting against other big dogs in the SEC. He also isn't exactly a spring chicken. Also, I think he is very happy at Duke.

Miami may be hamstringed by $.

I've seen Rich Rod's name connected to VT in 3 different places. Word is he wants to get back east. Why, in god's name, I have no idea, but that's what I'm reading.

I think you guys are way off on the Canes. That is a program where you can recruit Top 10 talent every year and not have to travel too far from home to do it. The right coach can win there in a hurry. The ACC Coastal should be child's play for the Canes.

I would love to see Lane Kiffin at Miami. They need a solid coach that is a great recruiter, can bring back the swag, and that doesn't give a flip about being hated. It would be a perfect fit, imo.

Not sure what is your most whack opinion....your love of Franklin or this gem.

I think you guys are way off on the Canes. That is a program where you can recruit Top 10 talent every year and not have to travel too far from home to do it. The right coach can win there in a hurry. The ACC Coastal should be child's play for the Canes.

I would love to see Lane Kiffin at Miami. They need a solid coach that is a great recruiter, can bring back the swag, and that doesn't give a flip about being hated. It would be a perfect fit, imo.
I like the Canes an have always used them as Beacon to compare how much farther the Pitt Program has to go to compete with Top 25 Urban Football program that has been one the best since 1980s. Clearly, even under Nordenberg-Pederson-Many Coaches Rebuilding Era the last 19 years, Pitt seldom was able to beat them on the GridIron. Yet, Pitt did beat them in Yearly Attendance many times and seldom came close to matching their Recruiting Classes or talent in numbers?

I thought Golden was good choice and would win a national title, but he had to deal with many issues over the Booster Scandal. The facts are Golden could not get it done at all and neither could Shannon after Coker left!

Pitt is now in a better position to rebuild than Miami with a solid coach but it will take Pitt more time to become a Top 25 Program every year even if it wins 10 games this year. I still think Coach Pat will need 3 to 4 years!

A Great Coach at Miami could turn their Program around in 3 Years starting next year!

However, here are some facts now being reported on what Miami has to do to improve and compete with FSU & UF and ACC teams again:

Article & Link:
Miami football is at a crossroads, just because of … everything.

Al Golden was fired Sunday, and a program lacking revenue, an on-campus stadium or even an indoor facility must find a new coach.

Oh, there are plenty of folks who will take the job. That doesn't necessarily mean they'll succeed. And unless new president Julio Frenk suddenly comes up with $7 million a year for Nick Saban, Alabama's coach isn't even taking his call. (Like that rumor ever had any traction.)

If the likes of Kevin Sumlin are doing anything, they're moving up a level to, say, USC. And Miami is definitely not up a level for the likes of the Texas A&M coach -- not anymore. So unless there is suddenly the financial wherewithal to pry a really big name loose, athletic director Blake James may have to hire someone on the come -- or on the rebound.

The new guy hired in Coral Gables will join a program that is being criticized on the national level. CBS analyst Rick Neuheisel has called out the lack of atmosphere (and fans) at Sun Life Stadium.

One source told CBS Sports that Miami missed all or part of 33 practice days in 2014 due to weather.

Indoor facilities are a big, big deal. The new coach has to make sure one is getting built.

Miami long ago lost the ability to throw up a fence around Broward and Dade counties. Everybody recruits in South Florida. In-state, Florida is rebuilding and Florida State has played for the last two national championships.

This is a crucial hire at a crucial time for Miami. It is going on its 12th year without double-digit wins. It has never won an ACC division title, much less the conference crown.

Excellence has been slipping away for a while. Clemson has a playoff-worthy team. If the ACC title game were played today, Pittsburgh would be playing the Tigers out of Miami's ACC division, the Coastal.

The job is still a good one, but there are issues. If I had to guess, Golden's replacement will at least have head-coaching experience, be considered offensive-minded and range in age from 40-55

LINK:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...f-12-candidates-to-replace-al-golden-at-miami

Last edited:
If the coaches at Temple, Memphis, and Toledo take new jobs, the original list of openings will shrink by 3, and the real openings will be at the schools they are leaving.

Kiffen at Miami. Wow, is that ever a fit. The swagger, the cheating, the...well everything. He could be successful there. And after a few years of success, he'll take the Dolphins job, and shortly afterwards, the new Kiffen created scandal will break at the U, and they will be hit hard with sanctions....only to rise again in ten years. On and on and on...

On Narduzzi -- he's going NOWHERE. Not a chance in hell he is picking up his family again to move to Miami, SC, or anywhere else, and walk out on his players and the recruits he's been pursuing everyday. The guy is a builder, and he has been waiting to build his OWN program for a long time, and turned down opportunities, waiting for what he considered the right one. This is it, at least for the next 5+ years. For once, we don't have to worry.

"Las Panteras, post: 445646, member: 5316"]The idea that Al Golden is the problem at Miami misses the point I dont know if he can coach or not......but the Miami program is dying a slow death every Saturday.....when all those big time prospects in S FLa go to a game 25 miles from campus and see 17,500 to 25,000 in the seats.

Slowly.....painfully. The Miami program will NEVER again be what it was. The smartest thing they can do (and its not even a real game changer)....is move their games to Marlins Stadium. And a guy Like Justin Fuente will likely pass on the Miami job.
This Link supports some of your posting info.....
1. Notice how all most of the former Miami Hurricanes players who went public with their frustrated tweets about the 58-0 loss to Clemson on Saturday are middle-aged? Retired from the NFL? Miami’s problems are deeper than the head coach. Firing Al Golden isn’t going to change what ails the ‘Canes. Miami can no longer live on local talent alone, not when that talent is lured away by lavish locker rooms, indoor practice facilities and that most basic of baubles, the big, loud, filled-to-the-top, on-campus stadium. The game has changed, and Miami has given all of college football a 20-year head start.

2. It never ceases to amaze me how coaches never recognize the chance to bow out on top. It speaks of their love of working with young people, and of their addiction to competition. The resignation of Central Florida head coach George O'Leary, 0-8 two seasons after his Knights went 13-1 and upset Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl, is the latest example of staying too long. Bobby Bowden did so at Florida State. Frank Beamer, who has won two-thirds of his games in a 35-year career, has a 25-22 record since 2012. Who left on top? Tom Osborne and Gene Stallings in the mid-1990s. Anyone else?

3. When we write the postmortem of this season, the odds are no one will remember what Pittsburgh did to put away a stubborn Syracuse in the Carrier Dome. With the score tied 20-20, the Panthers put together a 19-play, 89-yard drive that took 9:20 in order to kick a 23-yard field goal as time expired. Pitt converted four third downs and one fourth down -- on a fake punt -- on the inexorable push toward victory. The Panthers will need bigger wins to achieve greatness this season. Back-to-back games versus No. 9 Notre Dame and No. 22 Duke loom ahead. But it’s hard to imagine the Panthers being any more impressive.
LINK:
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/p...e-miamis-problems-extend-far-beyond-al-golden

Why on earth would South Carolina want Droopy Dog?

He couldn't cut it at Ole Miss. He isn't the best recruiter in terms of recruiting against other big dogs in the SEC. He also isn't exactly a spring chicken. Also, I think he is very happy at Duke.
Maybe the same reason Cow College wanted your man-crush, James from State College. Cutcliffe at Ole Miss 44-29, 60.3%; James from State College at Vandy 24-15, 61.5%. And don't give me some sob story about how bad Vandy was when James from State College took over, Ole Miss was just as big a basket case when Cutcliffe came on board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT