ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State has sucked for 2 months....but

Just shocked that Michigan has struggled to move the ball against a bad osu defense. Patterson has not been good and his receivers have dropped the ball as well

To be fair it’s been a tough yr for the Bucks...with all the bad news and bad publicity....they probably have had trouble meeting the salary Cap....

Today is adjustment day.

Harbaughs agent already feverishly making calls to NFL teams. "Mr. Haslam, Jim has always reverently admired your business acumen and the great history of the Cleveland Browns. And he'd like the chance to kick his a-hole brother's teeth in twice a year."

I wonder how Schiano would be doing as UT head football coach? Doing a good job coaching their defense today.

I wonder how Schiano would be doing as UT head football coach? Doing a good job coaching their defense today.

Their defense has been horrible all year and was just ok today.

He was definitely on the hot seat entering today.

Anyone else think Meyer tries to score again late and go for 2 to put up a 70 spot if his lineman didn’t get carted off there?

Interesting. I actually wonder more about whether there was justice in the world, he'd be unemployed and blacklisted like he and Bradley deserve.

Reactions: BFo8
I think you have to keep Oklahoma above OSU because they have a better stength of schedule under any measurement I've seen. But man Ohio State is loaded and looks like a top four team. They made a very good Michigan team look unathletic and slow.

He walked into programs with superior talent (brought in by the previous coaches) than their peers . In the case of FL, he left it way worse off than when he entered it.

*These last 3 plays where he takes his QB out for the back up; is stupid coaching.[/QUOTE
He walked into programs with superior talent (brought in by the previous coaches) than their peers . In the case of FL, he left it way worse off than when he entered it.

*These last 3 plays where he takes his QB out for the back up; is stupid coaching.

As someone who follows FL, this is a BS narrative created by some local media that didn't like Urban's arrogance, and were Muschamp apologists.

There were definitely some attitude problems, but he left a loaded team. Muschamp's only good year was his second when they won 11 games. Basically all Urban recruits were the contributors.

The problem was Munching hired Weis as OC, and didn't want the O to put his defense in bad positions, so they ran an archaic O

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...-violation-recruiting-drugs-program-will-musc

This wasn't a local guy but you really don't need anyone to tell you that Urban runs a renegade program; just look up his players arrest records. The best part is his sudden "mysterious" illnesses that appear then disappeared as needed. Dude's a good coach and complete scumbag.

As someone who follows FL, this is a BS narrative created by some local media that didn't like Urban's arrogance, and were Muschamp apologists.

There were definitely some attitude problems, but he left a loaded team. Muschamp's only good year was his second when they won 11 games. Basically all Urban recruits were the contributors.

The problem was Munching hired Weis as OC, and didn't want the O to put his defense in bad positions, so they ran an archaic O

I was in a sports bar in cranberry for pitt game, whole bar was osu fans. It was really painful. Tosu fans are insanely obnoxious.

Worst...I mean they actually maybe worse than Penn State fans, except for the fact they actually have had more success to brag about. And they have no pretensions that Ohio State isn't essentially an NFL team.

Worst...I mean they actually maybe worse than Penn State fans, except for the fact they actually have had more success to brag about. And they have no pretensions that Ohio State isn't essentially an NFL team.
They are way worse than tosu fans. Penn st fans are obnoxious but don’t realize it. Tosu fans know it, accept it and actually take some sort of pride in being the loudest person in the room.

I was surrounded by grown men “wooing” every twenty seconds. They were making the same “wooo” noise you see girls make at a bachelorette party, my 10 year old daughter makes that noise when she hears her favorite song on the radio. Grown freaking men doing this.

Nick Saban?
On the surface most would agree, but to Souf's point look at where Urban has won and where they are without him. Conversely look at the same with Saban. The nod goes to Urban imo. He has two season where he hit his low water mark for wins...at 8. Think about that.

Saban at Mich St: 6, 6, 7, 6 and 9 wins. Sure, what he's doing at Bama is god like. But even at LSU he was up and down. 8 wins, 10 wins, 8 wins, 13 wins, 9 wins. Not even going to bring up the NFL career. Different animal

Gotta go with Saban. 6 titles to 3. And the big thing that separates them imo, Meyer's huge drop-off and exit from Florida.
He had 1 "bad" season where he went 8 - 5. His last 3 years there we went 13, 13 and 8 wins. What about Saban's tenure at Mich St? 6, 6, 7, 6 and 9 wins. At LSU he was up and down too.

I think we're splitting hairs a bit, but - look at the total sum of the parts with both coaches. What Saban is doing at Bama is certainly historical and you're not necessarily wrong. When you start talking about who's "better" between two of the best, it's hard to come up with a consensus, but for me - Meyer has done it at places like Bowling Green and Utah. In his career his low water mark is 8 wins and that's only happened twice. In his career...

No Michigan coach has ever started 0-4 against OSU before.

This is an interesting question for Michigan fans. Do you keep a very good coach who has improved the program or do take your historic position that if you can't top OSU that you have to go?

On the surface most would agree, but to Souf's point look at where Urban has won and where they are without him. Conversely look at the same with Saban. The nod goes to Urban imo. He has two season where he hit his low water mark for wins...at 8. Think about that.

Saban at Mich St: 6, 6, 7, 6 and 9 wins. Sure, what he's doing at Bama is god like. But even at LSU he was up and down. 8 wins, 10 wins, 8 wins, 13 wins, 9 wins. Not even going to bring up the NFL career. Different animal
Michigan State was a mess when Saban took over, the job he did rebuilding them was amazing and in typical Sparty fashion they ruined what he built with their next two head coaching hires. He also had to rebuild LSU after the mess Gerry DiNardo made there too.

Michigan State was a mess when Saban took over, the job he did rebuilding them was amazing and in typical Sparty fashion they ruined what he built with their next two head coaching hires. He also had to rebuild LSU after the mess Gerry DiNardo made there too.
All certainly valid points, but Meyer did the same with a Bowling Green team that was what, a consistent 2 win program? Utah, same type of thing. 2000, 4 wins. 01, 8 wins. 02 ,5 wins

He had 1 "bad" season where he went 8 - 5. His last 3 years there we went 13, 13 and 8 wins. What about Saban's tenure at Mich St? 6, 6, 7, 6 and 9 wins. At LSU he was up and down too.

I think we're splitting hairs a bit, but - look at the total sum of the parts with both coaches. What Saban is doing at Bama is certainly historical and you're not necessarily wrong. When you start talking about who's "better" between two of the best, it's hard to come up with a consensus, but for me - Meyer has done it at places like Bowling Green and Utah. In his career his low water mark is 8 wins and that's only happened twice. In his career...

Meyer left UF depleted in talent. He knew he was hitting a rough patch & he wasn't going to hang around for it. Saban owned him in those last two years. The gap between Bama & Florida was huge.

OTOH, Saban left Miles pretty well stocked up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT