ADVERTISEMENT

One of the most unpredictable seasons in awhile

Why does everyone assume VT is a loss. They lose their QB,TE and best WR. Those 3 were probably in the top 5 VT has ever had at those positions. They might be better at other spots but they will have to be significantly better to equal what they were last season. To me VT, UNC, NC st are all swing games

I predicted VT would be a loss but I feel like that's a game they can take late in the season

PedSt is mostly the same team as last year's team minus the WR position is the reason. They played 5 quality teams last season if you include UW and Pitt. They lost 3 of those games. Not really all that impressive.

Pitt is really a mystery team other than the oline, WR and RB positions so saying that they can't or won't win is mostly emply talk at this point.

Agree but they were pretty good last season. And I can't see Pitt being as good as we were last season. So Pitt is worse, PSU is equal(or slightly better) and the game is there instead of in pittsburgh. It was a close game last year(still think pitt took its foot off the gas) and you can figure a 7 point swing on game location.

Why do so many of our fans talk about last year when referencing this year? Last year, Penn State hung with USC when many expected them to get blown out. Same with Wisconsin. Last year, we beat Penn State and Clemson. Last year, however, does not matter. The difference between this year and last is they return a lot of experience, and quite frankly, we do not. That doesn't guarantee victory but they are favored by double digits for a reason.
Finally someone who gets it. We will have what, 9 first time defensive starters when we take the field at PSU? A bunch of them will be underclassmem with no significant live game reps. From last year's record-setting offense, missing 2 OLs, our best RB in decades, and a QB, all to the NFL, an excellent TE, our stud do-everything H back, and oh-we have a brand new OC.

But let's talk about that Clemson win last year.

7-5 isn't getting us to the sun bowl. probably St Pete or Shreveport with that record.

My prediction:
YSU - W
@PSU- W
OK St- L
@GT- W
Rice- W
@Cuse- W
NC St- L
@Duke- W
UVA- W
Unc- W
@VT- W
Miami- L

9-3 and a trip to the Sun Bowl.
if we beat psu, we will beat ok st I flipp flopp those two.

My prediction:
YSU - W
@PSU- L
OK St- L
@GT- W
Rice- W
@Cuse- L
NC St- L
@Duke- W
UVA- W
Unc- W
@VT- L
Miami- L

6 - 6, maybe 5 - 7. Defensive line is too young, Narduzzi's scheme may have worked in the BIG not the ACC.

8-5 Inexperience shows early but team matures in 2nd half of season. Look for a loss in
Syracuse but I think they can beat VT or Miami in a late season upset.

I can envision a scenario where we have that DREAM season, go 11-1 and play Clemson or FSU in Charlotte for a CFP spot.

This team never has a dream season. At least not since Marino left anyways, always nightmares, always snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, blowing 3 TD leads in minutes. I'd settle for 9-4 and feel like it's a championship.

Entering any season with a new QB makes me a little apprehensive. That and wondering if we have a bellweather RB makes me nervous about the O as a whole. Given how young the D is the O is going to have to be pretty darn good for us to get to 8 wins which is my target.

Entering any season with a new QB makes me a little apprehensive. That and wondering if we have a bellweather RB makes me nervous about the O as a whole. Given how young the D is the O is going to have to be pretty darn good for us to get to 8 wins which is my target.
Watson has a very big headset to fill, that's for sure.

Pitt football has never seen anything like that offense and the way it was called on Saturdays last year, neither had any of our opponents, and and it's hard to imagine duplicating that.

Not stirring the pot but IMO 7-8 wins will be a good year for you. Canada was incredible and not many are understanding how good of a QB Peterman was for you. Browne is just a recruiting ranking now until he shows it on the field. In regards to your D they should be better but how much better? You lost plenty of sacks and starters on top of your suspensions.

One thing for sure is every year there's those 2 or 3 players who seemingly arrive out of nowhere as big contributors ..... #10 last year fits this description well. I look forward to the surprises

How many people were excited for Matt Canada at this point last year? I'm pretty sure no one saw what was coming on offense last year.

I'll judge Watson after I see what he does with what he's being given.

The OL will be good and the WRs should be better. No reason Browne won't be able to sling the ball around.

The defense is addition by subtraction. Pretty hard to be worse, so they should be better.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT