ADVERTISEMENT

OT: “I miss baseball pranks”

in a perfect world, regular season length:

MLB SEASON: 120 games
HOCKEY: 54 games
NFL: 18 games (But with 10 more players per roster)
NBA: who cares

MLB playing in November and NHL playing in June both just feel very wrong. Was always about grabbing more money. Always will be.
Devalues the product substantially. I don't watch any, I mean zero baseball now. Would only tune in late late in the year if buds were good. NHL the same. NBA I never watched snd never will. Can't stand their highly entitled player attitudes there

Devalues the product substantially. I don't watch any, I mean zero baseball now. Would only tune in late late in the year if buds were good. NHL the same. NBA I never watched snd never will. Can't stand their highly entitled player attitudes there
Baseball is boring with all of the advanced data and the NBA quit enforcing basic rules so neither is all that entertaining. That kills it for me.

Reactions: caleco's
Baseball is boring with all of the advanced data and the NBA quit enforcing basic rules so neither is all that entertaining. That kills it for me.
Well, that is your opinion, not shared by the majority of the country. I get the tik tok gen not liking baseball with having to think of strategy, mathematics, and the non 10 second clips and all that though. It is still the most attended sport in the country though, and most of us like it. I like the speed up efforts, but its like the NFL, the majority of the reason the game is longer is not due to the actual game, it is the extra minute of commercials between stoppages. The NFL has more commercial time than actual game time, being at an NFL game is the most boring experience known to man outside the actual play.

I hate the showboating and losing respect for other adults playing you thing that happens now (sure it is a small percent of players doing that) and quite frankly I think being a fan was even better back then, but the game is still the game, and it is a really good sport.

Reactions: FireballZ
i'll be honest, im really pumped about this pitch clock and batters having very limited windows to step out of the box to fix their gloves every pitch..

I think this is going to make baseball so much better to watch. of course after a month of watching the pirates (If i can even watch them with att sports net going away), my opinion on watching baseball might change..

but pirates being terrible aside, i think these new changes are going to be huge for baseball.

Well, that is your opinion, not shared by the majority of the country. I get the tik tok gen not liking baseball with having to think of strategy, mathematics, and the non 10 second clips and all that though. It is still the most attended sport in the country though, and most of us like it. I like the speed up efforts, but its like the NFL, the majority of the reason the game is longer is not due to the actual game, it is the extra minute of commercials between stoppages. The NFL has more commercial time than actual game time, being at an NFL game is the most boring experience known to man outside the actual play.

I hate the showboating and losing respect for other adults playing you thing that happens now (sure it is a small percent of players doing that) and quite frankly I think being a fan was even better back then, but the game is still the game, and it is a really good sport.
To me, there is less strategy than ever. They even teach little leaguers to swing up on the ball. To each their own but baseball just turned into something I can't enjoy.

i'll be honest, im really pumped about this pitch clock and batters having very limited windows to step out of the box to fix their gloves every pitch..

I think this is going to make baseball so much better to watch. of course after a month of watching the pirates (If i can even watch them with att sports net going away), my opinion on watching baseball might change..

but pirates being terrible aside, i think these new changes are going to be huge for baseball.
I fear it will be like periodic NHL vows to enforce clutching and grabbing, and they do it for the first 3 weeks of the season, then by the end it’s business as usual. Can see many of these changes being gradually or selectively disregarded as things go along. Loopholes found, etc. Similar to NFL refs often ignoring when the 30 second clock runs out and letting the play go on well after. Conveniently they say “oh, that clock that the 300 million fans watching see isn’t the accurate one, the ref actually keeps the time.” On what, an 1867 cuckoo clock?

In short, like the Yogi Berra said (I think)… I’ll believe it when I believe it.

71MXVnEA5WL.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: HOF Coach
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT