ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 Buccos

They actually ended up getting two runs out of that (the margin of defeat) when that should have been the third out.
Which is beautiful because I was screwing around on the internet and decided to bet the Pirates game. I bet money line that they would lose and added a prop bet that the home team would bat in the 9th.

The play with the cubs showed up on Fox's Shannon Bream show last night. Such a bad play we end up on a political show that has never had a sports clip unless it was about wearing masks while playing sports outside or boys identifying as girls and competing in high school track. She also mentioned it led to two runs which was the difference in the game.

The play with the cubs showed up on Fox's Shannon Bream show last night. Such a bad play we end up on a political show that has never had a sports clip unless it was about wearing masks while playing sports outside or boys identifying as girls and competing in high school track. She also mentioned it led to two runs which was the difference in the game.
That ridiculous play was shown this morning on NBC national news show Good Morning America. It has become a laughing stock of ineptitude!

That ridiculous play was shown this morning on NBC national news show Good Morning America. It has become a laughing stock of ineptitude!
Hard to imagine Nutting overpaying anyone, but every player involved in this slapstick debacle would certainly qualify!

Reactions: Dan1911
Anyone still think they’re too good to blow it and not get a top draft pick?

I’ll hang up and listen.

They can try or not try, they are the worst team and organization in all of baseball. I am not hammering the manager , he takes a knife to a gun fight , nor do I believe the GM will be allowed to do his job when it comes time to spend. The issue is and will always be the top of the mountain , Jesus himself might struggle to win here

Reactions: vietvet1
Today on the afternoon news in LA they showed it with the caption “Little League like play in MLB.” And then both anchors had a good laugh, and one of them said it reminded them of a play they saw at their 10 year olds little league game. Finally the male anchor laughed and said all he had to do was go back to 1st base.
I actually feel bad for Craig, the whole country is laughing at him. He’s probably going to have a MLB career with about 20 games, and that’s all he’ll be remembered for.

After the deadline, there better not be a player on the roster older than 27. SELL, SELL, SELL

Well we definitely can’t make fun of the Buccos today. 2 shutouts in one day, although an * for being 7-inning shutouts.

I think we’d have to go back a long way to when that happened before....if it ever did.

Well we definitely can’t make fun of the Buccos today. 2 shutouts in one day, although an * for being 7-inning shutouts.

It really deserves an * because it came against the Rockies. The Rockies are now 3-22 on the road, and have been shut out in 10 of those 25 games.

Ooof!

Somehow, they are 16-12 at home.

Sure you can. Tampa does it about every five years. The Astros won the World Series after doing it.

The upshot of the way that you think would be for teams that get really bad to just quit, because there is no way you can rebuild a roster from scratch.

Seriously, you might be the only person on the planet who thinks that's true.
Even teams like LA, SF, the Red Sox, Yanks all were primarily built through their systems. When the Pirates were drafting Bryan Bullington, Brad Lincoln, Paul Moskos, Pedro Alvarez, the Giants were drafting Matt Cain, Tim Lincecum, Madison Baumgardner and Buster Posey.

According to the Pirates broadcast, that was the first time that happened since something like 1971.

Bucco fever, catch it!

Oddly enough, on the same night Hayes missed first base on a home run a dude in AA missed HOME PLATE on a home run. He did some little foot shuffle thing as he was going to cross the plate and stepped right over it but never on it. The home plate umpire happened to be looking right at it, so when the catcher saw it and asked for an appeal he called him out.

Yes, we know the owner is cheap and you won’t follow the team again until he sells. Now, let’s talk baseball.

Obviously they won’t be making the playoffs or contending for anything. An ideal season for me would be landing the first pick (and OF Elijah Green) while seeing some promise from the younger guys.

“Young” KeBryan Hayes should be fun to watch, as will a few of the pitchers (Brubaker, Cederlind). One guy I’m looking forward to seeing in action is Anthony Alford. He’s still pretty young; they picked him up off waivers from Toronto last year and showed some promise until he got injured. He may be a dark-horse for “breakout candidate.” Oneil Cruz may see some big league playing time as well, so that’s something to watch out for.

What say you?
Who's the Pirates and why?

Oddly enough, on the same night Hayes missed first base on a home run a dude in AA missed HOME PLATE on a home run. He did some little foot shuffle thing as he was going to cross the plate and stepped right over it but never on it. The home plate umpire happened to be looking right at it, so when the catcher saw it and asked for an appeal he called him out.
Sure looks like he got the plate.
Umpire might have been doing a little grandstanding of his own.
https://www.mlb.com/news/royals-witt-loses-homer-by-missing-the-plate

I loved baseball as a kid. I would pay $1 to sit in the left field bleachers (wooden) at Forbes Field. Moved from Pittsburgh so I only see highlights (if you can call it that) today. One unbelievably dumb play after another. The Bucs are the Washington Generals of MLB.

Sure looks like he got the plate.

If you see the replay from the straight on angle it is pretty clear that he did not. And not only was the umpire looking right at it, so was the catcher. And when he stepped across the plate the catcher immediately takes his mask off, clearly reacting to something.

Plus the real giveaway is that after Witt takes his next step into the left handed batters box he kind of drags his foot along the ground like he's trying to drag it across the plate. He may not have known for sure that he missed it, but he knew for sure that there was a chance that he did.

Why is this such a big deal??? I mean, is it going to cost the Pirates a playoff position? It is not that egregious as Hayes was thinking a double on the line drive. What it is more is an indictment on another stupid baseball rule.....I mean it is a home run....what does it matter if he a runner touches the base.....

Plus the real giveaway is that after Witt takes his next step into the left handed batters box he kind of drags his foot along the ground like he's trying to drag it across the plate. He may not have known for sure that he missed it, but he knew for sure that there was a chance that he did.
You're trying too hard.
The catcher took off his mask? I think they do that from time to time.
He tried to drag his foot across the plate?? He had tons of time to stop, and stomp on the plate if he thought he initially missed it. The ball probably wasn't even put into play yet.
The video I linked looked pretty definitively that he did drag his foot over the front of the plate.

More likely this kid is known for grandstanding and the umpire didn't like it.
There is no video that definitively shows what happens. It's ok, you don't have to know everything. That would be a heavy burden to carry.

BTW the way he hits home runs, I wish he was playing at Altoona.

Why is this such a big deal??? I mean, is it going to cost the Pirates a playoff position? It is not that egregious as Hayes was thinking a double on the line drive. What it is more is an indictment on another stupid baseball rule.....I mean it is a home run....what does it matter if he a runner touches the base.....
Probably isnt cool that he will be remembered for this. People can probably give it a rest now.

But I give him credit for doing his part to try to get the Pirates the #1 pick in 2022.

Probably isnt cool that he will be remembered for this. People can probably give it a rest now.

But I give him credit for doing his part to try to get the Pirates the #1 pick in 2022.
They should actually tank in an outrageous manner. Miss all four bases on a home run. Intentionally walk eight consecutive batters in the ninth inning. Use only position players as relief pitchers. Get all baserunners picked off. That would make Pirate baseball fun again

Reactions: pittiswhereiamfrom2
They should actually tank in an outrageous manner. Miss all four bases on a home run. Intentionally walk eight consecutive batters in the ninth inning. Use only position players as relief pitchers. Get all baserunners picked off. That would make Pirate baseball fun again
The pitchers should also "Do the Dock" and hit every batter that they face on purpose.

Reactions: USN_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT