ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 90K for Nebraska women's volleyball tomorrow

Going to set a volleyball and women's sports record. They basically stole my idea of playing an olympic sports match in a football stadium. A few years ago, I said Pitt/PSU should do an annual soccer men's/women's doubleheader on the Sunday before Labor Day at Acrisure. With heavy marketing and cheap tickets, I think they could fill the lower bowl and set the college soccer attendance record.
Official attendance 92,003 ... A new world record for women sports ..

What else is there to do in Nebraska?
I guess for some reason people in Nebraska have great pride in having the dominant volleyball program in the country over the past decade. Poor simple hayseeds.

I guess for some reason people in Nebraska have great pride in having the dominant volleyball program in the country over the past decade. Poor simple hayseeds.

Steve Pederson once said if they turn the lights on a weeknight at Memorial Stadium, 30K people will show up just to see what's going on. There arent 90K volleyball fans in Lincoln but there are way more than that that have great pride in the university. So when you make an event game like this, it is not surprising at all that that many would show up. Not only is there great pride, there is nothing to do in Lincoln. This is the 8th biggest event of the year there behind the 7 football games.

Reactions: Pitt79
Steve Pederson once said if they turn the lights on a weeknight at Memorial Stadium, 30K people will show up just to see what's going on. There arent 90K volleyball fans in Lincoln but there are way more than that that have great pride in the university. So when you make an event game like this, it is not surprising at all that that many would show up. Not only is there great pride, there is nothing to do in Lincoln. This is the 8th biggest event of the year there behind the 7 football games.
I love it that you hate this so much.

Because they don't have anything else. If Pitt's volleyball team was as dominant as they are a Steelers scrimmage would still outdraw them.

Because they don't have anything else. If Pitt's volleyball team was as dominant as they are a Steelers scrimmage would still outdraw them.
And for that same reason, Pitt’s volleyball program could never be as dominant as Nebraska volleyball is. They get the very best HS players in the country-pretty much all of them.

It’s true, there’s a whole lot less going on in Lincoln than in Pittsburgh. So what? They still set the world record for attendance at a women’s sporting event, which is impressive on any level. The fact that Lincoln and the state of Nebraska are backwaters doesn’t diminish that in any way.

And for that same reason, Pitt’s volleyball program could never be as dominant as Nebraska volleyball is. They get the very best HS players in the country-pretty much all of them.

It’s true, there’s a whole lot less going on in Lincoln than in Pittsburgh. So what? They still set the world record for attendance at a women’s sporting event, which is impressive on any level. The fact that Lincoln and the state of Nebraska are backwaters doesn’t diminish that in any way.
Yeah, it's awesome, all I said is that I can't see that happening in Pittsburgh. and I'm OK with that, I'd rather have the Steelers, the Pens, the Pirates and all that the city has to offer culturally and entertainment wise, rather than be the best at women's volleyball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT