ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best back in the BIg Ten is NOT Saquon Barkley

H2P333

Walk-on
Dec 29, 2016
You have to love the media with the unceremoniously dumping of Ped States Saqoun Barkley as the premier back in the Big Ten. The RB from tOSU is getting mad love for his aweosme performance last night. He was just amazing. I listened to sports radio today and Kirk Herbstreit was on and said that Dobbins was the best freshmen RB he has ever seen and right now he would put this kid as the best RB in the Big Ten and possibly nation. Said he respects Barkley as a player but Dobbins was on another level. Loving all of the butt hurt Ped state fans over this. Just happy to see this and media (whom I generally hate) loving on this kid Dobbins and in a New York minute dumping Barkley. Ha ha.

#H2P

So if you had to field a team today that had to win 15 games to win a title you would take Dobbins as your back?

I'd go Barkley.

Not after seeing Dobbins last night. Kid was electrifying and he has moves and cuts that I haven't seen Barley ever do. So yah, Id go with Dobbins over Barkey who we totally shit on and shut down. Dobbins will be the best back in the country by years end and is a Heisman contender with JT Barrett.

Barkley looks really really good on tape, but he also averaged LESS THAN 2 YARDS PER CARRY in 2 of his last 5 games (vs. MSU and Indiana, the team Dobbins just trounced).

Reactions: H2P333
Barkley looks really really good on tape, but he also averaged LESS THAN 2 YARDS PER CARRY in 2 of his last 5 games (vs. MSU and Indiana, the team Dobbins just trounced).

Yes exactly. Watch Dobbins last night and tell me you would take Anyone else.

Best two backs in the country are Dobbins and Guice. Barkley is 3rd at best and that's debatable. Again look at his yards per carry. Very pedestrian and by no means a player on Dobbins or Guice level. Psu hype machine is partly responsible for a lot of that.

You have to love the media with the unceremoniously dumping of Ped States Saqoun Barkley as the premier back in the Big Ten. The RB from tOSU is getting mad love for his aweosme performance last night. He was just amazing. I listened to sports radio today and Kirk Herbstreit was on and said that Dobbins was the best freshmen RB he has ever seen and right now he would put this kid as the best RB in the Big Ten and possibly nation. Said he respects Barkley as a player but Dobbins was on another level. Loving all of the butt hurt Ped state fans over this. Just happy to see this and media (whom I generally hate) loving on this kid Dobbins and in a New York minute dumping Barkley. Ha ha.

#H2P
Dobbins really looked good but Barkley is the best and it pains me to say it.

Gee where did Herbie play his college ball at????I bet Todd Blackledge begs to differ on the subject.I can't wait untill Pacman Jones becomes a sports announcer on ESPN and then he can prop a WVU back as the best runner in the Big12 and a Heisman Trophy candidate

So if you had to field a team today that had to win 15 games to win a title you would take Dobbins as your back?

I'd go Barkley.
Dobbins isn't even OSU's starting TB. Mike Weber is and he has been out all fall with a hammy injury. And some Lair clown is anointong Dobbins the best back in the B10 based on the first game of the season against an outmatched IU team. Just because he hates PSU so much he can't acknowledge that Barkley is a stud.

I don't give a rats ass about PSU, I hope they lose every game they ever play, but the stupid $hit I read on this board day on day out is just beyond belief. It's one thing to hate a rival and express that, it's another to just throw mindless, childish $hit out there.

Who would "Free Lunch" Franco and his JoePa cardboard cutout select as the best back in college?

Dobbins is really, really, good. He was rated the overall #2 all purpose back in the country coming out of HS. That said, he has a great Oline in front of him and he was running against Indiana. However, he has a long way to go to equal Barkley. Both are sub 4.4, but Barkley is 25 pounds heavier and much stronger. Barkley can block and is a threat as a receiver. Dobbins has yet to show anything about blocking and receiving, but the kid is awesome and will indeed be a star. His HS stats were crazy. OSU is just loaded with 4 and 5 star talent and this years's recruiting class will only add to that depth. That said, another media outlet yesterday listed Barclay as the number 1 player in the country at any position. In fact, and I could be wrong, but I think Barclay had over 190 yards rushing against OSU as a freshman. I don't know, maybe Herbstreit would remember.

Last edited:
Guice from LSU

He's not in the Big 10, but yrs, Guice is absolutely the better RB. He averaged over 2 more ypc. At the beginning of last year, I said he was better than Fournette, people thought I was nuts, but he had a much better year

Reactions: KanePA
Gee where did Herbie play his college ball at????I bet Todd Blackledge begs to differ on the subject.I can't wait untill Pacman Jones becomes a sports announcer on ESPN and then he can prop a WVU back as the best runner in the Big12 and a Heisman Trophy candidate

Herbie is far from a homer. He's hated by most Buckeye fans, because they think he's unfair to OSU. In fact he moved at of Ohio because of the hate

Dude from Northwestern is great. Barkley is Shady level just about. tOSU dude has to prove more.

Dobbins is OSU starting back...he's the first freshman to be named starting back in a long time for them

The hype train for him is gonna be annoying and we all despise that school, but the kid is legit.

Cool to see him and Conner giving each other respect after the game last year too.

Reactions: mcm265
Dobbins is OSU starting back...he's the first freshman to be named starting back in a long time for them
Weber was last year's starter, became a freshman AA, and was the presumptive starter this year but he has been injured with a hamstring all fall. He was a 5 star all-world HS player as well and had a great first year. He was the starter until 4 days ago when Urban announced he was going to rest him another week and give Dobbins a go. Dobbins had a great camp and was to see a lot of carries as the #2. After that IU game, it will be Interesting to see what happens when Weber comes back.

Not after seeing Dobbins last night. Kid was electrifying and he has moves and cuts that I haven't seen Barley ever do. So yah, Id go with Dobbins over Barkey who we totally shit on and shut down. Dobbins will be the best back in the country by years end and is a Heisman contender with JT Barrett.
Lol

The hype train for him is gonna be annoying and we all despise that school, but the kid is legit.

Cool to see him and Conner giving each other respect after the game last year too.

These kids have respect for each other. They know the talent and how hard all of them work. The hatred for the opposition never runs as deep as the fans. It is pretty cool to see actually, and something a lot of fans on this board should take note of and a bit more civil and rational before they spew hate driven bullshit. Dislike the school/team, but give them credit where credit is due.

Dobbins isn't even OSU's starting TB. Mike Weber is and he has been out all fall with a hammy injury. And some Lair clown is anointong Dobbins the best back in the B10 based on the first game of the season against an outmatched IU team. Just because he hates PSU so much he can't acknowledge that Barkley is a stud.

I don't give a rats ass about PSU, I hope they lose every game they ever play, but the stupid $hit I read on this board day on day out is just beyond belief. It's one thing to hate a rival and express that, it's another to just throw mindless, childish $hit out there.
You need to change your handle to BAD MAN

The kid for Ohio State has played in exactly ONE college football game. It's time to pump the brakes on proclaiming him as "one of the greatest freshman runners in history of mankind."

Also, Barkley, who is a very good player, is also being oversold by a lot of people.

There was a thread on this board a couple weeks ago that proclaimed him as "easily the best running back Penn State has ever had."

No, he's not. At the very least he hasn't proven himself that yet.

They have running backs in the CFB and NFL Halls of Fame. They've had a running back win the Heisman Trophy. They had another running back who went first overall in the NFL Draft.

Is he going to do any or all of those things? Probably not.

And if he doesn't do those things then he's not the best running back Penn State has ever had.

Barkley is a really talented running back but he is not one of the best running backs I've ever seen or anything crazy like that – he's just a good player and probably the best player on the field next week.

I don't know why people have to hyperbolize EVERYTHING nowadays?

Both kids are good running backs will probably make money doing it at the next level. Can't we just leave it at that?

Reactions: We_All_We_Got
The major difference amongst Guice, Dobbins and Barkley is that Pitt has to play Barkley next week and unfortunately he's pretty damned good.

Reactions: SJLuvsLions
As long as when we play the Nitters he isn't the best of anything. Beyond that who cares!

Last edited:

well said. I hate Pitt. but I try to call it as I see it. Conner is a great talent and a true hero. Barkley is a great talent too. Both should be celebrated by their schools and respected by their opponents.

Comparing an all American three year starter to some kid nobody heard of with one start? Ooookkkkkkk....Not to mention every expert out there has Barkley as a top 5-10 draft pick and some have him as best football player in college this year. He is also considered the best RB prospect in last decade according to some scouts.
Obviously there is a ton of bias and hate with the op or he just dumber then a bucket of spit.

Reactions: UncleBuzzy
man was it fun to watch Conner play....I am so glad that he was drafted by the Steelers....just a great kid and a really good running back

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT