ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best back in the BIg Ten is NOT Saquon Barkley

Comparing an all American three year starter to some kid nobody heard of with one start? Ooookkkkkkk....Not to mention every expert out there has Barkley as a top 5-10 draft pick and some have him as best football player in college this year. He is also considered the best RB prospect in last decade according to some scouts.
Obviously there is a ton of bias and hate with the op or he just dumber then a bucket of spit.
Neither of these things are close to true.

PSU fan here - all three of these backs being discussed are legit .. what is this argument even about? , little too early in the season to make a comparison... having said that I'm also a big Steelers fan and love the fact we drafted James Conner ... bottom line - both Conner and Barkley are great backs - Good luck on Saturday ... and Let's Go Nits !!

The OP was trolling. Of course he is a great back and we will see it next April when he is selected in the top 10 of the NFL draft, which has diminished the utility of the RB position in many cases.

Reactions: gregoryj95
Bark is a great back, but has not had much luck vs our D. Matter of fact, neither has their coach. They showed Barks parents on TV this weekend. Seemed like decent enough folks, and kid doesn't seem cocky. I hope he has a good NFL career; after Michigan's D shuts him down again that is.

Bark is a great back, but has not had much luck vs our D. Matter of fact, neither has their coach. They showed Barks parents on TV this weekend. Seemed like decent enough folks, and kid doesn't seem cocky. I hope he has a good NFL career; after Michigan's D shuts him down again that is.
Could be the next KaJina Carter or Blair Thomas or Curtis Enis in the Show. .

Could be the next KaJina Carter or Blair Thomas or Curtis Enis in the Show. .
I drafted Corey Dillon his rookie yr in Dynasty fantasy league. Late pick that paid off huge when Carter broke his wrist. Kept Dillon for several yrs.

I drafted Corey Dillon his rookie yr in Dynasty fantasy league. Late pick that paid off huge when Carter broke his wrist. Kept Dillon for several yrs.

I was there - the "Curse of the Detroit Lions" rubbed off on Ki-Jana that night of August 17, 1995. Damn Silverdome turf.

It'll be interesting to see what Barkley does behind a somewhat improved offensive line this year. The bast few years PS offensive line has been terrible. He made alot off yards after being hit 2 or 3 times behind the line of scrimmage. That's what impressed me the most about him. He's absolutely scary when he gets a hole and a head of steam.

Why can't people be objective? Barkley is legit. If he stays healthy, hell be a top 5 pick. I guarantee you PN respects the crap out of him. It's a great test. Somebody better see if Ramon Walker can play. I'd feel much better with him on the field.

Do you think this is the year Harbaugh finishes higher than 3rd in his half of the big 10?

Reactions: gregoryj95
The Nits have a recent history of RB's who've fizzled in the pros. Note that I say "recent history" because Lenny, Lydell and Franco were the real deal(s).

But Barkley is about to break the fizzle mold. For me, he's gonna make some pro team very happy, and if I'm the Steelers, and if I could make a deal to trade their current problem-child RB for a chance to draft Barkley, I'd make that deal.

Okay, bring on the slings and arrows.....;)

The Nits have a recent history of RB's who've fizzled in the pros. Note that I say "recent history" because Lenny, Lydell and Franco were the real deal(s).

But Barkley is about to break the fizzle mold. For me, he's gonna make some pro team very happy, and if I'm the Steelers, and if I could make a deal to trade their current problem-child RB for a chance to draft Barkley, I'd make that deal.

Okay, bring on the slings and arrows.....;)
"recent history".... aka, last 45 + years ...Penn State pretty much near the top in most NFL All Time busts lists...

Barkley is about to break the fizzle mold...like Kajina and Enis and Thomas and the Something for Joey guy or the woman beater that went to KC and on and on...Been there, heard that..

Last edited:
Reactions: Panther Parrothead
"recent history".... aka, last 45 + years ...Penn State pretty much near the top in most NFL All Time busts lists...

Barkley is about to break the fizzle mold...like Kajina and Enis and Thomas and the Something for Joey guy or the woman beater that went to KC and on and on...Been there, heard that..
Hey, given what we've seen in the past, you've got the right to be skeptical. I'm betting that Barkley's different.

But in any case, I won't base my opinion on what he does this week, because Pitt's defense isn't ready to stop any good offense - yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT