ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Black Panther

Ski11585

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2008
i know there are some movie buffs here.

I saw Black Panther today. I enjoyed it a great deal. Definitely one of the better Marvel movies I’ve seen behind only Avengers 1, Winter Solider, and Thor: Ragnarok.

I liked it. main thought: cool to finally see afro-futurism on the screen.

great costumes and a great villain (sort of like how the joker outshines the batman, I am ok with that "problem." a lot heroes are sort of boring beyond their back story.) cool dream sequence visuals. really enjoyed the oakland scenes. my complaint is probably more directed at the manor, the overall sound and especially the dialogue was too quiet. my only other minor quibble, I wish the final battle was less LOTR and more like a comic book shaka zulu (1986), with a more ritualized (and less CGI) combat. less people rushing into each other and bouncing off things.

Reactions: Ski11585
I liked it. main thought: cool to finally see afro-futurism on the screen.

great costumes and a great villain (sort of like how the joker outshines the batman, I am ok with that "problem." a lot heroes are sort of boring beyond their back story.) cool dream sequence visuals. really enjoyed the oakland scenes. my complaint is probably more directed at the manor, the overall sound and especially the dialogue was too quiet. my only other minor quibble, I wish the final battle was less LOTR and more like a comic book shaka zulu (1986), with a more ritualized (and less CGI) combat. less people rushing into each other and bouncing off things.

I can get on board with this. I wasn't crazy about the rhinos.

i know there are some movie buffs here.

I saw Black Panther today. I enjoyed it a great deal. Definitely one of the better Marvel movies I’ve seen behind only Avengers 1, Winter Solider, and Thor: Ragnarok.
I'm waiting for the Adventures of Handi-Man to come out on the big screen. One would think after that Hollywood might get back to something other than superhero flicks...

My favorite Marvel movie. I was expecting to be let down from the early hype but I must say it lived up to it. It was simply a great job telling the story. It wasn’t just an action movie with amazing special effects.

Reactions: Musikprince
Tried a bit hard to be funny, but was an entertaining movie.

By the way, the wife made me watch the three billboards in Missouri movie... and went into thinking it would suck. It didnt, it was pretty awesome.

Probably the best acting I have seen in a movie all year.

Not good and a complete rip off of other movies. Stopped watching it after an hour. Definitely over hyped because it was the first time there was a black super hero.

Tried a bit hard to be funny, but was an entertaining movie.

By the way, the wife made me watch the three billboards in Missouri movie... and went into thinking it would suck. It didnt, it was pretty awesome.

Probably the best acting I have seen in a movie all year.
Three Billboards is a very, very good movie. Should take the Oscar.

Not good and a complete rip off of other movies. Stopped watching it after an hour. Definitely over hyped because it was the first time there was a black super hero.
Dear lord. We really do have a lot longer of a way to go as people, don't we. I keep forgetting they are still out there

Dear lord. We really do have a lot longer of a way to go as people, don't we. I keep forgetting they are still out there

Why do you say that? Because I didn’t like a Marvel action movie? I didn’t like Thor either...what does exactly mean for man kind? Who are “they”?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT