ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bucs Anyone else ?

mike 301

Head Coach
Jan 30, 2013
Wonder what the hell just went on ? The batter , down 0-2 is called out on a third strike that hit him ?

Suwinski finally did something on offense. Granted, it resulted in him getting out, but it’s progress.

Last edited:
Cruz… ugh. Fingers crossed his injury isn’t as serious as all these Twitter doctors are speculating.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Cruz… ugh. Fingers crossed his injury isn’t as serious as all these Twitter doctors are speculating.
I’m hoping it’s just a sprained ankle.

Also, nice series-clinching win. Oviedo looks like he could make the Quintana trade worthwhile. A 1-0 shutout was the last thing I expected from this wild series.

Bucs take 2 of 3 from the White Sox. Probably a costly win if Cruz is out for any period of time. His slide left much to be desired!

How about that young Cuban pitcher?? 7 plus innings of shutout ball.
Pen closed it out with barely a hiccup.

Fun to watch, except for that injury!

Bucs take 2 of 3 from the White Sox. Probably a costly win if Cruz is out for any period of time. His slide left much to be desired!

How about that young Cuban pitcher?? 7 plus innings of shutout ball.
Pen closed it out with barely a hiccup.

Fun to watch, except for that injury!
Shelton just announced it’s a fractured ankle. From my experience, I’d say it’s about 2-3 months. Early-mid July return perhaps?

Reactions: FreeportPanther
Shelton just announced it’s a fractured ankle. From my experience, I’d say it’s about 2-3 months. Early-mid July return perhaps?
I didn’t see the play but saw something on Twitter that said the catcher left a lane to slide yet Cruz slid into the catcher. Which is what led to the catcher yapping and the benches clearing.

If so what a stupid way to get hurt. Like Polanco getting hurt sliding (shoulder if I recall correctly?).

I didn’t see the play but saw something on Twitter that said the catcher left a lane to slide yet Cruz slid into the catcher. Which is what led to the catcher yapping and the benches clearing.

If so what a stupid way to get hurt. Like Polanco getting hurt sliding (shoulder if I recall correctly?).
I have no idea what Cruz was trying to do. He decided to slide way too late. The catcher was pissed at him for good reason- he easily could have hurt the catcher there.

It wasn't quite as comically bad as the Polanco slide, but it was a strange play.

Yeah, I don’t think the catcher did anything wrong other than chirp at him after the collision. Awkward baserunning strikes the Pirates once again.

Going along with the Cruz discussion, I'm interested to see what the ramifications of him being out will be. For example, let's say Bae performs well at SS or one of Gonzales or Peguero are called up and excel. Do you keep them there and move Cruz to RF? I don't think they will, but I wouldn't be surprised if they at least consider it given how loaded we are throughout the system at middle infielders. If you want to find a way to eventually get everyone on the field (don't forget about Temarr Johnson, too), that's one way to do it.

I saw the highlight and my first thought was that I hoped that it was a break, because breaks are the best case scenario—6 weeks and you’re back.

I saw the highlight and my first thought was that I hoped that it was a break, because breaks are the best case scenario—6 weeks and you’re back.
As someone whose ankle was trashed, that is often the case. Every doctor I saw said they couldn’t believe my ankle didn’t snap and I’d have been much better off if it had.

By the way, speaking of wacky baseball going-ons, yesterday the Rocket City Trash Pandas (yeah, that's really their name), the Angels AA affiliate, threw a combined, seven inning no hitter. And they lost. No, they didn't lose 1-0 or 2-1 or something like that. They threw a no hitter and lost 7-5.

Top of the 7th in a 7 inning game (it was a doubleheader to make up a rainout), TPs with a 3-0 lead. And then this:

walk
walk
pop out to second
walk
strike out (so two outs before even giving up a run)
walk
error (centerfielder drops a fly ball to clear the bases)
hit batsman
hit batsman
hit batsman
walk
wild pitch
hit batsman
strike out

Seven runs on no hits and one error.

By the way, speaking of wacky baseball going-ons, yesterday the Rocket City Trash Pandas (yeah, that's really their name), the Angels AA affiliate, threw a combined, seven inning no hitter. And they lost. No, they didn't lose 1-0 or 2-1 or something like that. They threw a no hitter and lost 7-5.

Top of the 7th in a 7 inning game (it was a doubleheader to make up a rainout), TPs with a 3-0 lead. And then this:

walk
walk
pop out to second
walk
strike out (so two outs before even giving up a run)
walk
error (centerfielder drops a fly ball to clear the bases)
hit batsman
hit batsman
hit batsman
walk
wild pitch
hit batsman
strike out

Seven runs on no hits and one error.
Steve Blass was pitching?

Am I losing my mind or didn’t Choi hit a home run to put Bucs up 4-1 ?
WTH ?
I’m losing it .. Never mind :oops:

Last edited:
Just the Pirate's luck to run into the world champions right after Cruz's deflating injury.
Probably get swept and flame back to earth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT