ADVERTISEMENT

OT: David Taylor

I don’t know if there are any extra spots on the coaching staff for him, unless he have him run the RTC like Lou was doing at Ohio State. I’m not sure there is enough money going to the RTC to grab him though. Though I am very unfamiliar with the finances.

I don’t know if there are any extra spots on the coaching staff for him, unless he have him run the RTC like Lou was doing at Ohio State. I’m not sure there is enough money going to the RTC to grab him though. Though I am very unfamiliar with the finances.
Adding Scott to the staff would be great, but I don't think there's any chance of that happening. As you say, there's no room for him, unless you let Headlee or Nino go.
The RTC world has changed pretty dramatically. I believe Ohio State, which put five of the seven guys on the world team while Gavin was wrestling there, only had one wrestler this year.

Reactions: DevilDog42
That’s why when we were talking about recruiting and how we’re hurt by a lackluster RTC it’s almost like is that even gonna matter in the future. because it seems like there’s only going to be two or three RTC’s at most that are successful and have all the guys. NLWC, Cliff Keen, not sure who else

That’s why when we were talking about recruiting and how we’re hurt by a lackluster RTC it’s almost like is that even gonna matter in the future. because it seems like there’s only going to be two or three RTC’s at most that are successful and have all the guys. NLWC, Cliff Keen, not sure who else
NIL has taken over the last couple years. Only a few places will be able to do both, have a good rtc and NIL money. NIL is where the money is needed or else you are trying to compete with only having 9.9 scholarships (the max amount for wrestling) against places that have 9.9 scholarships plus NIL money to give out to recruits/transfers when they run out of scholarships.

Cowboy Wrestling Club is going to be the number 3 RTC very soon I would guess. They are investing heavily into it now and with Taylor at the helm it is going to be a draw

On the theme of off topic coaching moves:
Vincenzo Joseph is now the HC of the Tar Heel Wrestling Club. Koll seems like he is really trying to bring UNC into the top tier of ACC with VT and NCST. Also the fact that someone who attended highschool less than a ten minute walk away from the Cathedral will be helping build one of our ACC rivals is not ideal. This is just another example of how important RTCs are getting and how without growth of the PWC the program will struggle to reach the heights we want

Reactions: persp and jctrack
On the theme of off topic coaching moves:
Vincenzo Joseph is now the HC of the Tar Heel Wrestling Club. Koll seems like he is really trying to bring UNC into the top tier of ACC with VT and NCST. Also the fact that someone who attended highschool less than a ten minute walk away from the Cathedral will be helping build one of our ACC rivals is not ideal. This is just another example of how important RTCs are getting and how without growth of the PWC the program will struggle to reach the heights we want
Fully funded 9.9 scholarships, PTC, and now NIL, Pitt is facing an up hill battle for sure.

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT