ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Did you know that the Steelers had 3 QB's on their roster who were better than Johnny Unitas?

I’m glad he was cut as the 1970s never happen if Unitas was a Steeler long term. No Chuck Noll to show the Rooneys how to win, etc.

I've always been more pissed that Unitas wasn't accepted into Pitt to play football. Red Dawson liked him a lot and Johnny U being a Louisville Cardinal and not a Pitt Panther is deplorable. But hey, academic integrity won out so no biggie.

Last edited:
Couldn't have worked out better for John. Was honored to meet him and chat with him shortly before he died. He was very active with speaking engagements at local high schools. You could tell he was a genuine, nice person. He suffered with a learning disability before it was known in pop culture he also stuttered a bit as a kid. Louisville had folks that helped him through that. I've heard that the Steelers new he was an exceptional talent but just got stuck in a numbers game.

Reactions: Braden32
Couldn't have worked out better for John. Was honored to meet him and chat with him shortly before he died. He was very active with speaking engagements at local high schools. You could tell he was a genuine, nice person. He suffered with a learning disability before it was known in pop culture he also stuttered a bit as a kid. Louisville had folks that helped him through that. I've heard that the Steelers new he was an exceptional talent but just got stuck in a numbers game.
"Numbers game" with the Steelers before Noll is just another term for piss poor coaching.

Reactions: Parkview57
Ted Marchibroda was named the starter over Johnny U. LOL! Same old Steelers.

They also had Len Dawson and Earl Morrall the next year and never gave either one a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT