ADVERTISEMENT

Ot Florida Gators

andypappas

Redshirt
Dec 4, 2009
I sat and watched the Florida-LSU game tonight and just keep shaking my head at the stupidity of players. For those who didn't see the play, Florida stopped LSU on a 3rd down play with the game tied at 34. The LSU player was stopped short and lost his shoe. All of a sudden #3 on Florida Marco Wilson decided to pick up the players shoe and toss it down the field. This resulted in an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. This led to LSU kicking the go-ahead field goal. Florida drove the ball down for a field goal which was no good. I understand these guys are in the heat of the game, but they can't just think for a minute? Last week when LSU was getting taken to the woodshed by Alabama, a LSU player clearly dropped the ball at the 1 yard line before crossing the goal line, but for some reason the officials didn't look closer. I just get frustrated watching these guys do stupid things during play. This stupidity by Wilson could cost Florida a shot at the playoffs. This was a bit of a long shot even with a win, but now, no matter what happens next week against Alabama, they won't get in.

Last edited:
I sat and watched the Florida-LSU game tonight and just keep shaking my head at the stupidity of players. For those who didn't see the play, Florida stopped LSU on a 3rd down play with the game tied at 34. The LSU player was stopped short and lost his shoe. All of a sudden #3 on Florida Marco Wilson decided to pick up the players shoe and toss it down the field. This resulted in an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. This led to LSU kicking the go-ahead field goal. Florida drove the ball down for a field goal which was no good. I understand these guys are in the heat of the game, but they can't just think for a minute? Last week when LSU was getting taken to the woodshed by Alabama, a LSU player clearly dropped the ball at the 1 yard line before crossing the goal line, but for some reason the officials didn't look closer. I just get frustrated watching these guys do stupid things during play. This stupidity by Wilson could cost Florida a shot at the playoffs. This was a bit of a long shot even with a win, but now, no matter what happens next week against Alabama, they won't get in.

You ask: "but they can't just think for a minute?". Really? I hate to burst your bubble but the vast majority of P5 Football & Basketball players are as dumb as a box of rocks. These "student athletes" are not studying Engineering, Math, Pre-Med, Anything. They are most likely studying Play Station or X-Box. So no, they can't think for a moment.

I felt sick in my stomach for both that team and that player. He screwed up and he has to live with it, I feel bad for the kid. Can’t even imagine if that was Pitt in that situation, with those type of implications riding on the game.

I felt sick in my stomach for both that team and that player. He screwed up and he has to live with it, I feel bad for the kid. Can’t even imagine if that was Pitt in that situation, with those type of implications riding on the game.

And the hoops team had a player collapse and the last I heard, was still in critical condition. Critical, but stable, was the last update I heard.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
And the hoops team had a player collapse and the last I heard, was still in critical condition. Critical, but stable, was the last update I heard.
I did see that, almost replied to your post earlier. Like you said, just an awful day for Gator athletics all around.

Well for Pitt, that situation will only live in your tortured imagination.

• Haha

i think he had two really dumb penalties to keep drives, which led to scores, alive. One of the Florida fans on the Texas website said he’s been quite the basket case and a real peach on Twitter

You ask: "but they can't just think for a minute?". Really? I hate to burst your bubble but the vast majority of P5 Football & Basketball players are as dumb as a box of rocks. These "student athletes" are not studying Engineering, Math, Pre-Med, Anything. They are most likely studying Play Station or X-Box. So no, they can't think for a moment.
Dr. Tipton MD, DMD, PhD disapproves of your post.

Reactions: vietvet1
If that exact thing happened with those consequences to Pitt, I feel certain Chris would entertain putting a moratorium on posting for everyone, probably for a whole month. This joint would melt the internet down.

I’ve explained to my wife that there are many incredibly talented athletes who possess such poor judgement, that you have to weigh their talent vs their costs in dumb plays, penalties, character/ locker room disruptions, etc, and decide they’re not worth it. there’s more to winning than raw talent. Discipline and intelligence can trump superior talent.

I’ve explained to my wife that there are many incredibly talented athletes who possess such poor judgement, that you have to weigh their talent vs their costs in dumb plays, penalties, character/ locker room disruptions, etc, and decide they’re not worth it. there’s more to winning than raw talent. Discipline and intelligence can trump superior talent.
Wonder how NFL GM’s weigh actions like this one. Red flags aplenty with this dude. But talented.

Reactions: pbrad
The old "he disrespected me" card. I know it was too late in this game, but you wonder why more coaches don't bench these players. Dabo and Saban do.

Reactions: andypappas
The kid made a mistake in the heat of competition. No need to pile on, hope he has learned a valuable lesson going forward.

The kid made a mistake in the heat of competition. No need to pile on, hope he has learned a valuable lesson going forward.
Ok maybe we can give him a participation trophy too?
Sorry, he is a grown a$$ adult who wanted to show off. He could have cost the program millions by doing this. These guys need to THINK when they are out on the field. To pick up a shoe and throw it accomplishes what?

Anyone remember the Elijah Moore dog pee incident for Ole Miss last year that pretty much cost Matt Luke his job? The stakes weren’t nearly as high of course, but the visual was even worse.

That kid was brutalized all summer, but apologized profusely and came back this season and put up ridiculously good numbers. Maybe the Florida player finds some retribution down the line as well.

Ok maybe we can give him a participation trophy too?
Sorry, he is a grown a$$ adult who wanted to show off. He could have cost the program millions by doing this. These guys need to THINK when they are out on the field. To pick up a shoe and throw it accomplishes what?
I truly believe in redemption. Especially, for stupid things college age kids do...without thinking clearly.

The Florida player Janockoed. Yes, he will always be a verb in Pitt lore.

Staying with the redemption theme, if the Gators accept a bowl bid and I imagine they would since it would probably be played in their back yard and their coach advocated for 90K fans in the Swamp earlier this year, they should put Marco on offense for a play and give him a chance to sling it.

He probably has been throwing peoples' shoes his entire life, and nothing ever happened as a result. Now, because no one else ever taught the moron his lesson, he is possibly costing Florida a shot at the national championship.

He probably has been throwing peoples' shoes his entire life, and nothing ever happened as a result. Now, because no one else ever taught the moron his lesson, he is possibly costing Florida a shot at the national championship.
His class on how to treat people that you don’t like highlighted the Bush press conference in Iraq. His professor a self identified alien tranny explain that throwing the shoe at Bush is the correct way to show you don’ Like someone or something

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT