ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Golf Courses

Has anyone ever played the course at Bedford Springs? I'm going with the wife in April. It's not too expensive ($130 offseason), but I'd still like to know if it's worth that. I remember playing the Links at Nemacolin back in the day for like $50 and it wasn't worth it at all.
It's incredible. Pristine conditions.

Hah. I've done the same.

I've had the opportunity to play the real Oakmont a number of times, as I know several members, and I'm always afraid that I'll humiliate myself. One of these days I'll swallow hard and go shoot 130.
Play it. Those members know your game.

3 lakes used to be better. Yea that par 5 extraordinarily stupid. They changed that hole and not for the better. Used to play straight up the hill over the hazard. And last time I was there the bunkers were like concrete.

I haven’t been to spring church in a while. Surprised to hear that. That track was always in good shape. Rainy periods it could get a little swampy but otherwise was always nice. Disappointed to hear that.
4yrs ago spring church was in horrible shape. My stepson said last year was actually decent. So, hopefully it gets back to what it once was

Reactions: TFloss
js, we're on the same page re: latrobe cc, it's got more shot options including the ground game (which is how 95%+ of all golfers play the game) vs the overly penal aerial game requirements at laurel valley

back in day, the course rankings favored "difficult" courses but that's now no longer the en vogue point of view, we appreciated FUN, playability & minimalism (taking what mother nature gives us & not moving 100,000 tons of earth to create unnatural looking designs

absolutely love the addington in south london, so quirky starting with the uphill par 3 1st hole, there are holes there that are not like any other holes in the world

ima gonna play olde barnwell now on my pitt vs cal roadie, how far away is it?...dana fry does all the work in the hurzdan partnership, his best work thus far is calusa pines in naples & shelter harbor in rhode island

looking forward when the acc hopefully schedules a panthers vs bears or cardinals game in the bay area, then i'll make a couple of hidden public gems recommendations...

thx js

It should take about 45 minutes to an hour to get from Pitt's campus to Olde Stonewall. It's definitely worth playing once.

I'll look forward to your recommendations for hidden gems, but my first priority will be getting to Pasatiempo.

Reactions: shocky5
It is worth it. Back in the 90s before BS was renovated we could T off after 4pm and play for 10 bucks. The renovated course is gorgeous. We usually score a deal for 69 or 79 bucks once a year. Tough but fair.
Yes, that twilight deal was awesome and lasted at least until the the mid 2000s before the course was renovated by the new ownership. I played it all of the time and considered it my home course haha. I haven't played it since the renovations, mostly because I do not play often enough and I don't want to get embarrassed by it.

Yes, that twilight deal was awesome and lasted at least until the the mid 2000s before the course was renovated by the new ownership. I played it all of the time and considered it my home course haha. I haven't played it since the renovations, mostly because I do not play often enough and I don't want to get embarrassed by it.
I get embarrassed every time I play anywhere. Do yourself a favor and take advantage of one of their specials. You'll love it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT