ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hotel lounges...

pittiswhereiamfrom2

All Conference
Sep 8, 2016
I am sitting in a Hilton lounge in Helsinki passing judgement compared to other lounges I have experienced. Maybe it got me thinking because this chair is solidly in the uncomfortable range.

What are the best hotel and airport lounges you have experienced?

I am sitting in a Hilton lounge in Helsinki passing judgement compared to other lounges I have experienced. Maybe it got me thinking because this chair is solidly in the uncomfortable range.

I'm a retired Gobal Business Director and used to travel all over the globe and hated every second of it especially India, China, Turkey and Indonesia.

I probably went to Finland ( which I liked) once a month for alot of years. I started to travel on SAS ( Copenhagen based) instead of FinnAir or Delta because their airplanes ( business class) and lounges in Copenhagen and US hubs were very nice. The flight crews and passengers were a step up from FinAir and they had better schedules than Delta.

The "Fins" drink alot and I was on a few FinnAir flights many years ago where they had to curtail drink service in business class and coach since the passengers were totally "blasted" and almost out of control.

If you go there alot visit the:
  1. Storyville Jazz Club - In Helsinki
Very nice place and lots of fun once you get over ( or not) the bueatiful women from Estonia who ferry across the Baltic Sea to try to "make a living" in Finland which has lots of International visitors.

Safe travel and I'm happy I'm out of that grind!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
The Skyclub at Nartira Airport in Tokyo was really nice, they had these cool beer dispensers and great food.

I was at 51st and Green at the Dublin Airport a few weeks ago, good food, good whisky and views of the runway.

The Delta Skyclub at JFK Terminal 4 is joke, it’s packed, barely any food and they charge for non-well liquor and beers that aren’t really premium.

The Palmer Hilton in Chicago has big comfy chairs and couches in the lobby/bar, the rooms are hit and miss but overall the hotel is really cool.

LAX is cool cause the bars are right next to the gates. You can sit at bar and watch your gate. People ruin to line you can just chill at bar and have a few more beers, waiting for line to die down and right b4 the doors close, stroll up to gate.

Most foreign hotel lounges are way better than the ones in the US. I was in a Courtyard concierge lounge in Seoul that was better than most Marriotts in the US. Is there even a in the US with a concierge lounge?

The lounge in this hotel isn’t spectacular, but the breakfast is quite excellent. The Scandis know how to do breakfast.

ADVERTISEMENT