ADVERTISEMENT

OT- How about a little shoutout to the Pitt women’s soccer team!

Only if its ADHL does a horrible job, no one pays attention to the good stuff.

I saw tickets advertised early in the week and had wanted to go to the game but forgot. A great win for the team. There's a lot of local talent as well and it's nice to see them succeeding with the hometown team.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I saw tickets advertised early in the week and had wanted to go to the game but forgot. A great win for the team. There's a lot of local talent as well and it's nice to see them succeeding with the hometown team.
No doubt! Our local players filled the score sheet.

Reactions: Burgh15
Only if its ADHL does a horrible job, no one pays attention to the good stuff.

Because the good stuff doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. We are good at non-revenue sports that Pitt fans and yinzers dont care about. And sure, people will say we pack those stadiums. Well getting 1000 at soccer and 3000 at volleyball isnt anything. We will have 10K at Acrisure to see the worst Pitt football team of all time Thursday. People care about football and basketball. That's it.

Because the good stuff doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. We are good at non-revenue sports that Pitt fans and yinzers dont care about. And sure, people will say we pack those stadiums. Well getting 1000 at soccer and 3000 at volleyball isnt anything. We will have 10K at Acrisure to see the worst Pitt football team of all time Thursday. People care about football and basketball. That's it.
Bro .. if you seriously believe this, you’re either ignorant or dumb. These athletes work just as hard as those!

Bro .. if you seriously believe this, you’re either ignorant or dumb. These athletes work just as hard as those!

I am confused here. Did I say they didnt work hard? I said nobody cares. Attendance is terrible. TV ratings are terrible. Message board traffic is terrible. We had a home NCAAT game vs Ohio State. I assume you were ther3. What did we draw? 20K? 30K? I'd guess 750.

I am confused here. Did I say they didnt work hard? I said nobody cares. Attendance is terrible. TV ratings are terrible. Message board traffic is terrible. We had a home NCAAT game vs Ohio State. I assume you were ther3. What did we draw? 20K? 30K? I'd guess 750.
You don’t care that’s cool, people do care is my point. For clarification, no I wasn’t there. A little hard when I live in Georgia. My daughter was a midfielder for Pitt (15-18) so I still watch and hope they have a great season.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
You don’t care that’s cool, people do care is my point. For clarification, no I wasn’t there. A little hard when I live in Georgia. My daughter was a midfielder for Pitt (15-18) so I still watch and hope they have a great season.

He's on ignore for me because of the drivel he spills over, and over, and over, and over, and over again about this. (I'm guessing he is saying it is pointless and all money should go to football).

Where are they? Why dont they go to the games? Why dont they watch on TV? Heather should be judged on 70% football, 29% men's basketball, 1% everything else. The other sports dont matter. We have them because we have to.

Where are they? Why dont they go to the games? Why dont they watch on TV? Heather should be judged on 70% football, 29% men's basketball, 1% everything else. The other sports dont matter. We have them because we have to.
Okay 🙄 you have proven to me that you are both, ignorant and dumb congratulations sir

Okay 🙄 you have proven to me that you are both, ignorant and dumb congratulations sir

Can you answer my question as to why their attendance and TV ratings are so low? What proof do you have to show so many people care about these sports? I have attendance and TV ratings. Prove me wrong.

Can you answer my question as to why their attendance and TV ratings are so low? What proof do you have to show so many people care about these sports? I have attendance and TV ratings. Prove me wrong.
I can’t believe that I’m wasting time when you clearly stated you don’t care and neither should the university.

Should no money ever be spent on women’s athletics in your world?

Good facilities for other sports outside of football and men’s basketball?

Is college only for educational purposes until you’re a male that plays 1 of 2 sports?

If you do, please tell me you don’t have children.

I can’t believe that I’m wasting time when you clearly stated you don’t care and neither should the university.

Is college only for educational purposes until you’re a male that plays 1 of 2 sports?

I go to Olympic sports events and I watch some on TV. No one else does. You dont. I want to see them do well. BUT THEY DONT MATTER. NO ONE CARES.

And I believe that football and men's basketball players should be full-time pros who maybe take a couple classes. Every other sport should be D3/non-scholarship except for a few random schools like Nebraksa volleyball, LSU baseball, etc. You can probably have a pro college league with a few teams in a few other sports. But I absolutely dont agree with football and men's basketball paying for the soccer and cross country athletes to go to school.

I go to Olympic sports events and I watch some on TV. No one else does. You dont. I want to see them do well. BUT THEY DONT MATTER. NO ONE CARES.

And I believe that football and men's basketball players should be full-time pros who maybe take a couple classes. Every other sport should be D3/non-scholarship except for a few random schools like Nebraksa volleyball, LSU baseball, etc. You can probably have a pro college league with a few teams in a few other sports. But I absolutely dont agree with football and men's basketball paying for the soccer and cross country athletes to go to school.
I absolutely watched the soccer team’s as much as possible. So glad that Heather doesn’t agree with your statements.

I absolutely watched the soccer team’s as much as possible. So glad that Heather doesn’t agree with your statements.

Will you answer my question as to why attendance is so poor (with tickets being very cheap) if so many people deeply care like you? They should be playing at Acrisure in front of 30K people because they have so many fans. Or, maybe, just maybe they dont have many fans

Don't waste your time.

Reactions: Hardslider21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT