ADVERTISEMENT

OT: How did you meet your spouse or significant other?

branchcampusdummy

Walk-on
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2001
Since we’re getting close to Valentine’s Day and it’s kind of slow on the board. How did you meet your spouse or significant other?

I’ll start. I met my wife 20 years ago on my Birthday standing in line at a convenience store.

I first saw her a few times at the gym, but never spoke to her. I thought she was hot but didn’t want to be that guy. You know the one that hits on every girl at the gym.

Anyhow, my impression when I first saw her was that she’s probably married to some rich guy and she's just wasting the days working out, shopping, etc...

But I kept running into her outside the gym, I would see her around at places like the drug store and grocery store. I also noticed she wasn’t wearing a ring. I would see her, she would see me, but neither one of us said anything. Like I said earlier, I wasn’t going to do anything and make it weird at the gym.

So finally, on my Birthday, I was coming home late from work and knowing my buddies would be calling to have a beer with me over the phone I made a quick stop to the convenience store to pick up a six pack and as I was standing in line I noticed a couple people in front of me in the line was the girl from the gym again. This is like our fourth or fifth run in outside the gym.

So, what happens next? When she finishes paying for her stuff she turns and as she is walking towards the door, she takes notice of me standing in line, so she stops looks at me, smiles and introduces herself. We talk pleasantries for maybe a minute, and she goes on her way.

But the ice was broken! A few days later I see her at the gym, we start talking, which lead to a first date and the rest is history. Married for 19 years with two children.

On a side note, she had a conversation with her Mother during the time we’re running into each other. She told her mother she keeps running into this cute guy from the gym, but he won’t talk to me. Her Mother’s direct quote was, “Oh please, he isn’t a Yankee is he?” Yep. 😊 We met and live in Greenville, SC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News