ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Clark 3

Pitt2006

Sophomore
Jun 19, 2018
I honestly had never seen her play and just watched the highlight of her history making 3. And I thought Blake puts up some wild shots. She has to be on the Olympic team at some point right?

I will add that even if she is thought to be the 20th, 30th, 40th best American player, you would have to be clinically insane not to put her on the team. The US is going to beat everyone by 40 anyway. Clark brings eyeballs. I dont watch women's basketball but if she is playing, I will watch. People watch her. She is fantastic for the game. She is badly needed by the WNBA and the game of women's hoops.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
Wonder why the Cheryl Swopes story didn't blow up. Wonder what the difference was between that and some other things ESPN has taken and ran with.

I will add that even if she is thought to be the 20th, 30th, 40th best American player, you would have to be clinically insane not to put her on the team. The US is going to beat everyone by 40 anyway. Clark brings eyeballs. I dont watch women's basketball but if she is playing, I will watch. People watch her. She is fantastic for the game. She is badly needed by the WNBA and the game of women's hoops.

She is neither the best American player, nor the 20th, 30th or 40th best American player.

It will be interesting to see if they put her on the team, because literally just a couple days ago the US team was playing in a pre-Olympic qualifying tournament (even though the US and several other had already qualified) and she is obviously not on the team. So they would have to remove someone from the team to add her.

Which I would assume they will do, but you don't know if they told the players on the team playing now that if they played now they would be on the team for the Olympics as well.

Reactions: cease10
She is the best American player right now sooo.....yea, she will be on the Olympic team.
Need to see how her game translates to the pros before making that kind of proclamation.

Sabrina Ionescu had a lot of hype in college but it hasn't really showed much in the pros as yet. Her and Clark are placed on the team though due to them being able to draw in viewers and sponsors. Same reason Dianna Taurasi is still being place on the team for like a 5th time just for viewers and sponsors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT