ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Is NFL scoring down

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
The Vikings won 3-0 yesterday. A lot of people blame Matt Canada or Kenny Pickett but are defenses just too good now? If you dont have a HOF-level QB, are you going to be able to score in the NFL nowadays. Seems like all these games are 13-10, 20-17, 17-13, etc. Boring AF

NFL Quarterback play is the worst in a long time.53 different starters this year.Even the so called elite are very inconsistent.

The Vikings won 3-0 yesterday. A lot of people blame Matt Canada or Kenny Pickett but are defenses just too good now? If you dont have a HOF-level QB, are you going to be able to score in the NFL nowadays. Seems like all these games are 13-10, 20-17, 17-13, etc. Boring AF
Jake Browning just helped put up 34 points two straight weeks.

I think it's a combination of bad offensive line play and defenses caught up to the offensive outburst from a few years ago.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I just we just notice it more because of how the Steeler games play out each week. Doesn't look like scoring has fluctuated all that much for the last 30 years. I mean it's technically down... just not by some crazy amount.

Reactions: pittdan77
NFL scoring has been down for 5 years in a row. Defenses have been playing more soft zone to take away the pass and most offenses just refuse to run the ball.

But the Steelers still stand out as a particularly bad offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT