ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Johnstown wrestler narrows college list to 52

His dad and the Bassetts in general are assholes. I’m from around Johnstown and knew Beau’s uncle Jack. Dickhead. But Beaus father is the worst.

And unfortunately my 8 year old son wrestles for Young Guns too and receives all the promotional crap from them for tshirts and shit.

Sounds about right. Pedo material. Good luck to them 😉

Did you NOT READ where I said CADET
Yeah, you said he won the Cadet championship so I posted an actual video of the entire match where he won the 2021 World Cadet Championship against a Russian kid in case anyone wanted to watch him wrestle, no more, no less ........ click on it, watch the match, and then comment ...... not sure why you made the above post ???

Also, Bassett was 14 years old when he won the 2021 World Cadet Championship in July 2021 (the youngest wrestler in his bracket and one of the youngest USA Cadet Champions ever) ...... here is a link ......

https://www.themat.com/news/features/2021/july/21/mfs-cadet-final-day-wrap

Last edited:
His dad and the Bassetts in general are assholes. I’m from around Johnstown and knew Beau’s uncle Jack. Dickhead. But Beaus father is the worst.

And unfortunately my 8 year old son wrestles for Young Guns too and receives all the promotional crap from them for tshirts and shit.

He seems like a nice kid in that video. No idea if that's the case or not, obviously.

There is a lot of weird surrounding the program he's in and how the McCort has behaved with this sport to fill a thread. The kid is a freak that will probably dominate internationally, barring injury.

Looks like McCort actually has the two top - or two of the top - wrestlers in the country. Wow, how did they pull that one off?

I'm going to have to bust out my dad's old McCort varsity jacket with my yellow Hulk Hogan boots and tights and become a frontrunning fan.

Looks like McCort actually has the two top - or two of the top - wrestlers in the country. Wow, how did they pull that one off?

I'm going to have to bust out my dad's old McCort varsity jacket with my yellow Hulk Hogan boots and tights and become a frontrunning fan.
They recruit HEAVILY. In fact they got busted and had to basically sit out a year from competing.

They recruit HEAVILY. In fact they got busted and had to basically sit out a year from competing.
No they did not and I hate when people say it like it was that black and white.

Basset's dad was the junior high HC at Forrest Hills and was recruiting heavily to that school. During the same time he was making a play to become the HC of the HS program. He and his brother caused a circus and attacked one of the best coaches in D6 and maybe the state of racism. When it didn't work out, then they took their show on the road to McCort. As soon as they went to McCort, and everyone in that areas hate of McCort, they screamed recruiting violations. Yet no one had a problem when that all-star team was being assembled in Forest Hills.

No they did not and I hate when people say it like it was that black and white.

Basset's dad was the junior high HC at Forrest Hills and was recruiting heavily to that school. During the same time he was making a play to become the HC of the HS program. He and his brother caused a circus and attacked one of the best coaches in D6 and maybe the state of racism. When it didn't work out, then they took their show on the road to McCort. As soon as they went to McCort, and everyone in that areas hate of McCort, they screamed recruiting violations. Yet no one had a problem when that all-star team was being assembled in Forest Hills.
Jax is from NC

Yes and he was recruited to Forest Hills and followed the Bassets to McCort. That is my point, McCort was not recruiting these guys but they happily accepted them when they fell into their lap.
I know SEVERAL kids that they recruited from area High Schools. You are full of shit if you don't know or think they tampered and recruited kids to McCort.

Last edited:
Reactions: pittdan77
I know SEVERAL kids that they recruited from area High Schools. You are full of shit if you don't know or think the tampered and recruited kids to McCort.
Our school's first transfer ever to McCort is a state championship wrestler. The recruiting thing isn't BS. When it went to court, like these things always do, the judge called the allegations of recruiting "patently obvious".

https://www.tribdem.com/news/judge-...cle_a7232de4-8b63-11ec-b236-ffde39ab84b5.html

Reactions: WCC946
Our school's first transfer ever to McCort is a state championship wrestler. The recruiting thing isn't BS. When it went to court, like these things always do, the judge called the allegations of recruiting "patently obvious".

https://www.tribdem.com/news/judge-...cle_a7232de4-8b63-11ec-b236-ffde39ab84b5.html
I know and have personal knowledge of a kid from my high school. " Moved his father to Johnstown" and he finished 3rd in the State. Same, called blatantly obvious.

I know and have personal knowledge of a kid from my high school. " Moved his father to Johnstown" and he finished 3rd in the State. Same, called blatantly obvious.
I really don't get what it is with wrestling in this area. Chestnut Ridge is more or less doing the same thing, just not on as grand a level. Guess they get them to transfer a little earlier to make it look good.

I really don't get what it is with wrestling in this area. Chestnut Ridge is more or less doing the same thing, just not on as grand a level. Guess they get them to transfer a little earlier to make it look good.
Ridge has that Orchard wrestling club and is run by a good friend. All those kids do is wrestle all year long.

evading priests at a young age is a probably one of the best wrestling foundations there is.... as a former attar boy I can go there...

• Haha
Reactions: TitoBeagle
I know SEVERAL kids that they recruited from area High Schools. You are full of shit if you don't know or think they tampered and recruited kids to McCort.
maybe true, but Jax and a few others were recruited to Forrest Hills. If daddy Bassett got his way there, all of them would still be in FH's, and all would have been recruited to FH and not McCort.

maybe true, but Jax and a few others were recruited to Forrest Hills. If daddy Bassett got his way there, all of them would still be in FH's, and all would have been recruited to FH and not McCort.
Don't come on here and say "McCort didn't recruit" you are getting called out.

Don't come on here and say "McCort didn't recruit" you are getting called out.
Bassett recruited and he is at McCort now. He recruited while he was at FH and continued now at McCort.

So yes McCort recruited because Bassett is there. You happy now?

Bassett recruited and he is at McCort now. He recruited while he was at FH and continued now at McCort.

So yes McCort recruited because Bassett is there. You happy now?
"No they did not and I hate when people say it like it was that black and white.

Basset's dad was the junior high HC at Forrest Hills and was recruiting heavily to that school. During the same time he was making a play to become the HC of the HS program. He and his brother caused a circus and attacked one of the best coaches in D6 and maybe the state of racism. When it didn't work out, then they took their show on the road to McCort. As soon as they went to McCort, and everyone in that areas hate of McCort, they screamed recruiting violations. Yet no one had a problem when that all-star team was being assembled in Forest Hills."

Yes, it is "black and white" that McCort recruits

So I know very little about District 6 ... I looked some of the things up mentioned in this thread, and that Forest Hills SD looks like it has some money. This is a nice looking facility: https://www.fhrangers.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=3815280&type=d&pREC_ID=2468399. Wasn't expecting that in Cambria County, guess I was expecting Ampipe and Walnut Heights.
I have a very good friend that lives over there and has a teenage daughter as well as a couple coworkers. I would say that it does have some money and it doesn't. I would compare it to a smaller version of Belle Vernon. Yeah, you have some nice areas but there's also a lot that isn't. See Beaverdale, for instance. (RIP Beaverfest) The original school was really old and they actually did it right when they "added on" to the existing field house which allowed them to get a lot of grants. They also listened to the people working there. You do actually run into some of these rural schools that have their crap together and value academics and the arts. Forest Hills has a very strong STEM program, for instance. You can still look around Cambria County and find your Ampipe and Walnut Heights, though.

I have a very good friend that lives over there and has a teenage daughter as well as a couple coworkers. I would say that it does have some money and it doesn't. I would compare it to a smaller version of Belle Vernon. Yeah, you have some nice areas but there's also a lot that isn't. See Beaverdale, for instance. (RIP Beaverfest) The original school was really old and they actually did it right when they "added on" to the existing field house which allowed them to get a lot of grants. They also listened to the people working there. You do actually run into some of these rural schools that have their crap together and value academics and the arts. Forest Hills has a very strong STEM program, for instance. You can still look around Cambria County and find your Ampipe and Walnut Heights, though.
I have a few mugs from Beaverfest

Reactions: Pitt SML
Do we know his GPA and test scores? He has every Ivy League wrestling program in his list, except Columbia. Shocked that the bright lights of NYC would be too much for him.

He literally listed every D1 school. Do we know they would take him? Maybe the kid is smart but I doubt it.
It must be cool to sit back every day and just cast a wide net over everything and characterize people to bend things towards your narrative. You don't know anything about the kid, the situation, or why he's such a coveted athlete but you'll sit back and shovel crap at his name because you really don't want to take another "L" on a stupid thread.

Reactions: bdur76 and Mikefln
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT