ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Martavis Bryant

Oct 12, 2016
Has he been reinstated for regular season games? I know he was conditionally reinstated for all practices and pre season games, but can't find clarification allowing him to play regular season games yet.

Not many people high on Ben going into the season. Not sure why. Guessing injuries and his play on the road hasn't been good.
I love ben but you know he is gonna miss 3-4 regular season games, it's what he does. Still will put up big #s though so should be one of the top 5 QBs drafted in fantasy..

I love ben but you know he is gonna miss 3-4 regular season games, it's what he does. Still will put up big #s though so should be one of the top 5 QBs drafted in fantasy..
Wow. Definitely not, if you want to win. Ben is on the borderline of being a fantasy starter. He will miss at least a game or two and will have a couple terrible road games, so (including the bye) you essentially can't start Ben for 5 weeks. Probably safe to sit him whenever the Steelers are on the road, plus the bye, and might miss another game. Ben is most definitely a platoon fantasy QB. Last year Ben was 10-12 (depending on your scoring) in QB points.

I think Mariota will have a really good fantasy year, but the combo I really like (and just drafted) is Brees-Luck. Brees is a clear top 5 and probably top 3 QB and you can get him in the 5-6th round. Luck was the #4 or 5 QB last year in fantasy, but you can probably get him in the 9-10th round this year. Luck may miss the first week or two, but who cares when you have Brees as your starter? Then when Brees is on bye, Luck plays the 49ers at home and should be back to health. If Luck gets back, you have a great trade chip. Plus, Brees plays weeks 13-16 all in dome stadiums with only one of those on the road (@ ATL). That is a fantastic playoff schedule.

Reactions: pittdan77
Has he been reinstated for regular season games? I know he was conditionally reinstated for all practices and pre season games, but can't find clarification allowing him to play regular season games yet.
when the NFL bandwagons the MLB with Youth Football uniform week he will have "Towelie" on it as his cute nickname.

Wow. Definitely not, if you want to win. Ben is on the borderline of being a fantasy starter. He will miss at least a game or two and will have a couple terrible road games, so (including the bye) you essentially can't start Ben for 5 weeks. Probably safe to sit him whenever the Steelers are on the road, plus the bye, and might miss another game. Ben is most definitely a platoon fantasy QB. Last year Ben was 10-12 (depending on your scoring) in QB points.

I think Mariota will have a really good fantasy year, but the combo I really like (and just drafted) is Brees-Luck. Brees is a clear top 5 and probably top 3 QB and you can get him in the 5-6th round. Luck was the #4 or 5 QB last year in fantasy, but you can probably get him in the 9-10th round this year. Luck may miss the first week or two, but who cares when you have Brees as your starter? Then when Brees is on bye, Luck plays the 49ers at home and should be back to health. If Luck gets back, you have a great trade chip. Plus, Brees plays weeks 13-16 all in dome stadiums with only one of those on the road (@ ATL). That is a fantastic playoff schedule.

What jabronies do you play with that allow you to draft Brees and Luck? Either that or you are really weak at the other positions.

What jabronies do you play with that allow you to draft Brees and Luck? Either that or you are really weak at the other positions.
I was in a draft one year, after the pitt/bowling green game. well I had driven in from Maryland, attended game and me and buddy decided to stop off at every bar from there to bethel on way home to draft. great idea. well in my infinite wisdom, I decided to try a new technique in fantasy draft, one never thought of before. Use my first and second rd picks to draft QBs. I drafted Manning and Brady, thinking that I had revolutionized this sport.

well I woke up next morning to realize that I basically used my second rd pick on a player I cant play. so no more shots and inebriation before drafts for me, only after.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
I was in a draft one year, after the pitt/bowling green game. well I had driven in from Maryland, attended game and me and buddy decided to stop off at every bar from there to bethel on way home to draft. great idea. well in my infinite wisdom, I decided to try a new technique in fantasy draft, one never thought of before. Use my first and second rd picks to draft QBs. I drafted Manning and Brady, thinking that I had revolutionized this sport.

well I woke up next morning to realize that I basically used my second rd pick on a player I cant play. so no more shots and inebriation before drafts for me, only after.

The problem with taking a QB early is that you need to grab as many top RBs and WRs as you can early, because there is a huge drop off after the top guys are gone. For QB, you can just wait until they start getting picked and take the best available, and there won't be that large of a point difference. Either that or get Aaron Rodgers before everyone else, but not too soon.

My strategy will be to take the best RBs and WRs early, then grab a couple of solid QBs once they start going in the mid rounds. I think I can get good value on guys like Mariota or Carr, and then take Ben a little later on as a sleeper QB. I'm going to try to grab at least two of Cook, Fournette and Mixon and possibly Elliott who will slip but still be valuble come later in the season.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
The problem with taking a QB early is that you need to grab as many top RBs and WRs as you can early, because there is a huge drop off after the top guys are gone. For QB, you can just wait until they start getting picked and take the best available, and there won't be that large of a point difference. Either that or get Aaron Rodgers before everyone else, but not too soon.

My strategy will be to take the best RBs and WRs early, then grab a couple of solid QBs once they start going in the mid rounds. I think I can get good value on guys like Mariota or Carr, and then take Ben a little later on as a sleeper QB. I'm going to try to grab at least two of Cook, Fournette and Mixon and possibly Elliott who will slip but still be valuble come later in the season.

Exactly. Grab Rodgers if you can but don't overpay for anyone else. The top 5 QBs always have a TON of variance and there's always a top option you can pick up as a FA - 2017 was Dak; 2016 were Bortles/Cousins (and Dalton before he was hurt); 2015 was Tannehill. The converse is almost never true - getting a top 10 RB/WR off waivers is nearly impossible to do. So you keep grabbing lottery tickets at RB/WR because you need to start at least 5 of them every week anyway and if you have a surplus, you can trade 2 of them for a real stud.

Luck is ranked as the #13 QB by Yahoo and is going to go in the 8th+ round in most drafts with his shoulder uncertainty. In most properly adjusted leagues, QBs have lesser value and get drafted later.

I am in a 12 team keeper league and tanked last year, for upgraded draft picks, after a series of injuries killed my season. I am very happy with the starting roster this year. I even have the two best Pitt players. My team ended up being:

QB: Brees
WR: OBJ
WR: Demaryius Thomas
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Dalvin Cook
TE: Delanie Walker
W/R/T: CJ Anderson
W/R/T: Keenan Allen
BN: Larry Fitzgerald
BN: Allen Robinson
BN: Ameer Abdullah
BN: Thomas Rawls
BN: Kevin White
BN: Danny Amendola
BN: Jamaal Williams
BN: Jonathan Williams
BN: Andrew Luck

K: Boswell
DEF: ATL

IDP D: Sean Lee
IDP D: Deion Jones
IDP DB: Landon Collins
IDP DL: JJ Watt

I'd like to upgrade my #2 and 3 RBs and hope to do that by trading out some of my WR depth or from QB. We shall see.

Thanks guys my draft is tonight. I really really really want Martavis but will pass (unless he goes real cheap) due to the risk of him not being reinstated. fyi, 14 team Auction draft, really big $ pot.

Thanks guys my draft is tonight. I really really really want Martavis but will pass (unless he goes real cheap) due to the risk of him not being reinstated. fyi, 14 team Auction draft, really big $ pot.

I've been consistently getting him in mocks for about $8-$9 (12 team) and I think it's a steal at that price. You have to take some risks to win your league and he's a safe one to be reinstated on time plus he provides WR2 upside. I don't think there's another $9 WR who could blow up like that except for Kelvin Benjamin (injury history/overweight) and Brandon Marshall (injury history/currently injured).

Roll the dice on him being good to go week 1.

I've been consistently getting him in mocks for about $8-$9 (12 team) and I think it's a steal at that price. You have to take some risks to win your league and he's a safe one to be reinstated on time plus he provides WR2 upside. I don't think there's another $9 WR who could blow up like that except for Kelvin Benjamin (injury history/overweight) and Brandon Marshall (injury history/currently injured).

Roll the dice on him being good to go week 1.

ok thanks!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT