ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Men’s soccer coach signs extension at Pitt

I should mention that there are some plans in the works to address the lack of suites, but that's something that doesn't really impact recruiting.
Oh definitely, I was talking more about the overall potential weaknesses of the facility. Recruits aren't going to care about the press box and suites. Hard to overestimate how big it was to get the program out of the Field House and into the PSC. Will be even bigger to get a world-class S&C facility built for those sports, too.

Edit: It does seem like a logical next step for Urbanic would be a bleacher expansion with a new press box/suite type of setup. There's definitely space on the south side of the stands, and probably on the north side, too, if you move the little storage area where they keep the spare goals. You could go end line to end line without too much trouble, though it's hard to really gauge where demand will be going forward - the team has taken a huge step forward in a period where fans weren't allowed to attend games. Will that bring an attendance bump this fall? Maybe.

Reactions: bwh05
I should mention that there are some plans in the works to address the lack of suites, but that's something that doesn't really impact recruiting.
Is that for all 3 fields, or just soccer?

I know it's more cosmetic in a way, but to fancy up the press box and maybe add suites to align more with our peer venues would be nice, but it's definitely not a priority or a necesscity. I mean, we have come a long way from even 15 years ago playing where tball kids play.

Is that for all 3 fields, or just soccer?

I know it's more cosmetic in a way, but to fancy up the press box and maybe add suites to align more with our peer venues would be nice, but it's definitely not a priority or a necesscity. I mean, we have come a long way from even 15 years ago playing where tball kids play.
this is in the far off future, but I believe it would first address baseball and soccer. You really have to have someplace to have events and fundraise up there. How they built that facility without that component is really amazing. However, the fact that Pederson and Cochran were short-sighted isn't surprising.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Oh definitely, I was talking more about the overall potential weaknesses of the facility. Recruits aren't going to care about the press box and suites. Hard to overestimate how big it was to get the program out of the Field House and into the PSC. Will be even bigger to get a world-class S&C facility built for those sports, too.

Edit: It does seem like a logical next step for Urbanic would be a bleacher expansion with a new press box/suite type of setup. There's definitely space on the south side of the stands, and probably on the north side, too, if you move the little storage area where they keep the spare goals. You could go end line to end line without too much trouble, though it's hard to really gauge where demand will be going forward - the team has taken a huge step forward in a period where fans weren't allowed to attend games. Will that bring an attendance bump this fall? Maybe.
I hope we get to the point that we need to expand capacity because we're drawing so many fans. What a turnaround.

this is in the far off future, but I believe it would first address baseball and soccer. You really have to have someplace to have events and fundraise up there. How they built that facility without that component is really amazing. However, the fact that Pederson and Cochran were short-sighted isn't susurprising
I mean at least they got it built. We went from nothing/elementary school quality facilities to mid-major D1. The 3 fields are all bare bones and a notch below most other P5 Olympic sports facilities but that really shouldn't and hasn't caused any recruiting issues.

Coach Vidovich should have been offered a contract extension for 10-15 Years(I assume he is in his 50s).

Actually, Heather should have just given him a Blank Contract, and asked him to fill in the Total Number of Years he would like to stay at PITT with his Salary Bumps required. Hopefully, he retires as the PITT Men’s ⚽️ Coach, and one of his Assistant Coaches has the Recruiting Contacts with Europe and Africa, and takes over at that time, although I assume their Assistant Coached will have other College Programs offering them their HC Openings within the next 5 years, as it has been the same for the Assistant Coaches for The Nictator, and was for Coach K, until his retirement upcoming after next Season. Although, Assistant Coaches can always take their first HC at another College, then return(like Speraw did at UCLA Men’s 🏐 as he left to become the HC at UC-Irvine, won a few National Titles, then came back to UCLA, when Coach Scates(a Legendary 🏐 Coach) retired from UCLA, whose Program he built from scratch. The Job was either going to be offered to Speraw, or an at the time, an Assistant Coach on the UCLA VB Staff, who also was a Strong Candidate, but HC experience really gave Speraw an advantage. Then he becomes the US Men’s National Coach around the same time.

The reason I suggested to give Vidovich whatever he wants is because I am just glad to finally watch a Championship Level Sports Team at PITT(assume PITT will win a National Title eventually, if Coach Vidovich keeps recruiting this well). The Women’s 🏐 Team is getting close. A few injuries to some Good Starting Players have seemed to hurt them in recent years(not sure if that was the case last Season).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT