ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL Draft

I would totally not mind picking up that center from Michigan in like the third round. I guess he would have gone against Kancey a time or two, but I can't say I remember how that went.

Probably too much of a luxury pick considering our IOL acquisitions in the offseason and other needs, though. Like, we need a CB, S, and MLB in this draft who all end up solidly on the "two deep," at least.

Last edited:
I'll be contradicting myself (I'm typically against drafting a MLB in the first round), but if they think he is elite and all the big-time tackles and cornerbacks are off the board, I'd say go for it. There's just something about Wright at 17 that doesn't sit well with me. But of course I'd rather see a nice T or CB fall to us.
ILB is just a terrible value in the first round. Not exactly the same, but comparable to drafting a RB in the first round for the offense.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
ILB is just a terrible value in the first round. Not exactly the same, but comparable to drafting a RB in the first round for the offense.

Agree. I would basically never draft any off-ball LB, RB, or TE in the 1st. Probably also true of a box-safety. Don't care how good of a prospect you are.

My priority would be QB, pass protection, wide receivers, pass rush, and pass coverage. I'd be neutral toward IOL.

Reactions: Burgh15
If I am the Steelers I am not trading up. But if one of these 3 OT's aren't there: Johnson, Jones, Wright or 2 CB's Witherspoon and Gonzalez I look to trade down in the mid late 20's. Hope for DB's Branch or Banks, or edge rushers Smith or Van Ness....pick up another 3rd and 4th. Look to target guys like OT Bergeron and Brents or Cam Smith or the Miami CB in the 2nd.

Reactions: Millerton24
If I am the Steelers I am not trading up. But if one of these 3 OT's aren't there: Johnson, Jones, Wright or 2 CB's Witherspoon and Gonzalez I look to trade down in the mid late 20's. Hope for DB's Branch or Banks, or edge rushers Smith or Van Ness....pick up another 3rd and 4th. Look to target guys like OT Bergeron and Brents or Cam Smith or the Miami CB in the 2nd.
That would make sense to trade down if those players were gone and pickup another 3rd. Still want OL then CB. Dont understand EDGE that early unless you dont resign Highsmith.

Reactions: Millerton24
Stupid trade for Houston.
They've made a huge splash in this draft. But that's just it: It's relative to THIS draft. Feels like you should be taking generational players if you're making moves like that. Maybe Anderson will be, but I dunno.
Honestly, I don’t mind the trade. All they really gave up was a second round pick. Having two first round picks this year makes up for next year’s draft and they essentially traded back a round by giving up a third for a fourth.

Edit: and unless Johnson Jr or Carter fell to 12, Anderson is likely a better pick than anyone they’d pick there.

Honestly, I don’t mind the trade. All they really gave up was a second round pick. Having two first round picks this year makes up for next year’s draft and they essentially traded back a round by giving up a third for a fourth.

Edit: and unless Johnson Jr or Carter fell to 12, Anderson is likely a better pick than anyone they’d pick there.

They essentially paid a first round and a (early) second round pick to move up 9 spots. Terrible.

Byt they looked good shaking hands in the war room! That should count for something!

Reactions: HailToPitt725
They essentially paid a first round and a (early) second round pick to move up 9 spots. Terrible.

Byt they looked good shaking hands in the war room! That should count for something!
they should be called the Oilers then it would have been a good trade..
Texans ........what a turrible move.

• Love

Yeah, the Cardinals won this series of maneuvering.

Gonna get the first LT in the draft and added a first round pick in the process.

some teams like to go for it once every 10 years, thank God the Steelers are smart and stay even and give us a chance every year.
I would not like being a fan of a 3-14 team three times a decade.

some teams like to go for it once every 10 years, thank God the Steelers are smart and stay even and give us a chance every year.
I would not like being a fan of a 3-14 team three times a decade.
I’ve thought about this recently. Is it better to be a fan of the Steelers or a team like the Eagles or 49ers? I’d still take us.

Steelers will get a great player at 17 now that a RB has been taken.
Eagles trying to get a curtain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT