ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL Draft

I don't care about giving up a 4th. Just weird to do it in a year when we don't have a 5th or a 6th.

Wouldn't be shocked if we move down in the 2nd (and I realize we have two picks in the 2nd) or 3rd to recoup one of those.
Lots of time to maybe wheel and deal with their next pick. If they love someone there I’m sure they’ll pick him. But they have enough needs moving out of there for additional picks wouldn’t surprise me. Maybe someone will be on the board another team loves/has to have.

Reactions: CougarClaws
Wow, another cornerback besides Gonzalez goes to Washington. I think the further he drops, the more likely it becomes that we trade up.

Edit:
tenor.gif

In general, I'm not too sad about not having the mid-round picks anyway. What were we going to get there that we wouldn't get through free agency?

I know; some of the lottery tickets cash. But that's usually just where we take some random backup quarterback or fringe roster guy.

Reactions: Ski11585
I’ll be interested to see who they go with now if they remain at #32. Deion Banks and Joey Porter Jr. appear to be the favorites. Perhaps Nolan Smith? Apparently he reminds them of Shazier.

At the very least they are going to listen to all offers from the end of the night tonight until the time they have to make the first pick tomorrow. If there isn't someone there that they really love there are going to be people willing to give up a lot to get that pick.
Joe... it has to be 80-90 percent they trade that pick .

I’ll be interested to see who they go with now if they remain at #32. Deion Banks and Joey Porter Jr. appear to be the favorites. Perhaps Nolan Smith? Apparently he reminds them of Shazier.
Nolan Smith would be solid. Especially since it's not looking like they'll have Highsmith after his rookie deal runs out. Can't be paying a king's ransom to your 2 outside LB's.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ESPN really thought there was only a 2% chance he’d slide? Maybe I’m wrong, but I just don’t see it with him.

I don't care about giving up a 4th. Just weird to do it in a year when we don't have a 5th or a 6th.

Wouldn't be shocked if we move down in the 2nd (and I realize we have two picks in the 2nd) or 3rd to recoup one of those.
There's only 15ish legit 1st Rd talents in this draft. Jones was one, and at a position of perceived need. This team fully committed to building out the Offensive Line in the off season.

Smart move.

There's only 15ish legit 1st Rd talents in this draft. Jones was one, and at a position of perceived need. This team fully committed to building out the Offensive Line in the off season.

Smart move.

Yeah, I like it. Only thing that might have been nicer is if the 4th round pick could be next year. But I'm not gonna complain too much about that.

We might also trade either Moore or Dotson to get a mid-round pick kicking net.

I also think it tells you what the league thinks of Levis, that a QB-needy team deciding to opt with a DT instead.

Maybe Levis doesn't go in the first round, and someone will think about it overnight and the Steelers will get a good deal for #32?

I thought this guy was supposed to be the best WR off the board? his bro is a Pirate and said the Steelers would be lucky to get him........

herbstreit taking shots on the Pirates.

anyways ...

not addison to the Ravens.

Flowers

Last edited:
Having Moore will give the Steelers time to trasnition younger Jones to the League.
Jones is young, raw - a 20yr old dancing bear with a ways to go. I don't expect him to beat out Moore until well into the season, if at all this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT