ADVERTISEMENT

OT Olympic Events

Ping pong absolutely needs to go and if breaking was more than a one time thing
and you have to hunt like hell to find boxing...

1.5 billion Indians who never can seem to win a gold medal are still screwed out of cricket (the only thing they are good at) while we have break dancing and ribbon twirlers Maybe it will be in by the time the Twin Cities host in 2036.
Boxing is out (as of right now) and Cricket is in for LA 2028.

cricket might be just in 2028. I'm not sure how that works.

Last edited:
2028 New Events:
  • Baseball and softball
  • Cricket
  • Flag Football
  • Lacrosse
  • Squash
Current list (multiply different weight classes as well)
  • Aquatics (swimming, marathon swimming, diving, water polo, artistic swimming)
  • Archery
  • Athletics
  • Badminton
  • Basketball (3x3, basketball)
  • Boxing
  • Breaking*
  • Canoe (canoe sprint, canoe slalom)
  • Cycling (BMX freestyle, BMX racing, road cycling, track cycling)
  • Equestrian (equestrian eventing, equestrian dressage, equestrian jumping)
  • Fencing
  • Football
  • Golf
  • Gymnastics (artistic gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, trampoline gymnastics)
  • Handball
  • Hockey
  • Judo
  • Modern Pentathlon
  • Rowing
  • Rugby (rugby sevens)
  • Sailing
  • Shooting
  • Skateboarding*
  • Sport Climbing*
  • Surfing*
  • Table Tennis
  • Taekwondo
  • Tennis
  • Triathlon
  • Volleyball (beach volleyball, volleyball)
  • Weightlifting
  • Wrestling (Greco-Roman wrestling, freestyle wrestling)

Reactions: HOF Coach
men's and women's flag football, cricket, lacrosse, squash, baseball, and softball have been added to the LA games. Just a guess but I’m sure the rest of the world will find those sports boring.

A total of 36 sporting events have been approved for the 2028 Los Angeles Summer Games.
But those are like..."real" sports. Break Dancing and some of these others aren't.

1.5 billion Indians who never can seem to win a gold medal are still screwed out of cricket (the only thing they are good at) while we have break dancing and ribbon twirlers Maybe it will be in by the time the Twin Cities host in 2036.
As I said above, it’s returning in 2028 in LA.

i think cricket will be on the list for next olympics.

man, what a truly crazy sport. i was at a party years ago and this english dude was telling me about it and i asked him to explain the rules and about 20 minutes into it, i couldnt tell if he was messing with me or not.

breakdancing is truly rock bottom for nonsensical silly olympic events.

I challenge anyone to watch this in it's entirety and not cringe once.

2028 New Events:
  • Baseball and softball
  • Cricket
  • Flag Football
  • Lacrosse
  • Squash
Current list (multiply different weight classes as well)
  • Aquatics (swimming, marathon swimming, diving, water polo, artistic swimming)
  • Archery
  • Athletics
  • Badminton
  • Basketball (3x3, basketball)
  • Boxing
  • Breaking*
  • Canoe (canoe sprint, canoe slalom)
  • Cycling (BMX freestyle, BMX racing, road cycling, track cycling)
  • Equestrian (equestrian eventing, equestrian dressage, equestrian jumping)
  • Fencing
  • Football
  • Golf
  • Gymnastics (artistic gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, trampoline gymnastics)
  • Handball
  • Hockey
  • Judo
  • Modern Pentathlon
  • Rowing
  • Rugby (rugby sevens)
  • Sailing
  • Shooting
  • Skateboarding*
  • Sport Climbing*
  • Surfing*
  • Table Tennis
  • Taekwondo
  • Tennis
  • Triathlon
  • Volleyball (beach volleyball, volleyball)
  • Weightlifting
  • Wrestling (Greco-Roman wrestling, freestyle wrestling)

Softball and whitewater rafting will be on Oklahoma City of all places. I can understand rafting because there's no rivers like that in SoCal but softball? There arent any D1 or D2 softball fields at any of the 30 or so colleges in SoCal? Maybe they arent up to Olympic standards but some of these stadiums at the Olympics are literally portable stadiums. You can add 10,000 portable seats to UCLA or San Diego State's softball stadium?

Softball and whitewater rafting will be on Oklahoma City of all places. I can understand rafting because there's no rivers like that in SoCal but softball? There arent any D1 or D2 softball fields at any of the 30 or so colleges in SoCal? Maybe they arent up to Olympic standards but some of these stadiums at the Olympics are literally portable stadiums. You can add 10,000 portable seats to UCLA or San Diego State's softball stadium?
They're using the College World Series venue in OKC, the college softball stadiums in Southern California are very small and spread out, the IOC and organizers what top notch facilities for every sport and the complex in Oklahoma is top notch.

Having a few sports that are popular or have a rich history in the host country is a great idea, sure you get a dud like Breakdancing but LA is going to have Lacrosse, Flag Football and the return of Softball and Baseball.

They're using the College World Series venue in OKC, the college softball stadiums in Southern California are very small and spread out, the IOC and organizers what top notch facilities for every sport and the complex in Oklahoma is top notch.

Having a few sports that are popular or have a rich history in the host country is a great idea, sure you get a dud like Breakdancing but LA is going to have Lacrosse, Flag Football and the return of Softball and Baseball.

I am sure OKC will support it like mad but it should be in SoCal. Like I said, add 10,000 portable seats to UCLA, USC, Pepperdine, UCSB, SDSU, San Diego, UCSD, UCI, CSU Fullerton, etc, etc, etc. That kinda stinks for the athletes as they dont get the full Olympic experience.

Reactions: 303vND
I am sure OKC will support it like mad but it should be in SoCal. Like I said, add 10,000 portable seats to UCLA, USC, Pepperdine, UCSB, SDSU, San Diego, UCSD, UCI, CSU Fullerton, etc, etc, etc. That kinda stinks for the athletes as they dont get the full Olympic experience.
From what I understand sustainability was part of the proposal. Building new or temporary facilities is something they didn’t want.

If I played baseball I wouldn't want no part of being at a venue way outside of the actual Olympics. You're not going to get the Olympic experience sitting in OKC.

If I played baseball I wouldn't want no part of being at a venue way outside of the actual Olympics. You're not going to get the Olympic experience sitting in OKC.
if i was a professional baseball player, i'd want no parts of playing in the olympics regardless of location. you really think a multi millionaire professional baseball player wants to spend a week in the olympic village, sleeping on a twin bed, hanging out with handball players from serbia.

Last edited:
Softball is going to be in Oklahoma City, they haven't announced where baseball will be played, I think it depends on if MLB allows their players to play.

Yeah being that far away from the host city would suck, but teams that didn't make it past the prelims in soccer and basketball in these games never really got the full experience.

if i was a professional baseball player, i'd want no parts of playing in the olympics regardless of location. you really think a multi millionaire professional baseball player wants to spend a week in the olympic village, sleeping on a twin bed, hanging out with handball players from serbia.
It isn't a requirement to stay in the Olympic Village. Most well known athletes do not.

depends on what kind of handball those Serbian gals are in to...

Softball is going to be in Oklahoma City, they haven't announced where baseball will be played, I think it depends on if MLB allows their players to play.

Yeah being that far away from the host city would suck, but teams that didn't make it past the prelims in soccer and basketball in these games never really got the full experience.
They got the real experience - they were just hanging out at that point.

Last edited:
It isn't a requirement to stay in the Olympic Village. Most well known athletes do not.

Softball players would stay in the village and it sucks for them they get to miss the entire Olympics experience other than the playing of the games, which I know is most important but part of being an Olympian is the WHOLE experience.

MLB absolutely needs to take a break and let their players play in this. I dont like baseball and I'd watch it. Its good for the sport. They would be staying in 5 star hotels, not the USC dorms.

From what I understand sustainability was part of the proposal. Building new or temporary facilities is something they didn’t want.

And if I am the IOC, I tell them, we gave you the Olympics, there are 30 softball stadiums within 1 hour of LA. Spend a couple million, if that, to build some temporary stands so the athletes can get the full Olympic experience.

How much do you spend a year for her to play field hockey?
Not nearly as much as I spend a year on her playing soccer. Throw in my younger daughter who is also a competitive club player and it’s real money.

Field hockey is a school sport at her high school. She does not play it outside of the school setting, as she plays soccer 10 months a year.

Softball players would stay in the village and it sucks for them they get to miss the entire Olympics experience other than the playing of the games, which I know is most important but part of being an Olympian is the WHOLE experience.
This was a response to a comment about pro baseball players.

Not nearly as much as I spend a year on her playing soccer. Throw in my younger daughter who is also a competitive club player and it’s real money.

Field hockey is a school sport at her high school. She does not play it outside of the school setting, as she plays soccer 10 months a year.
I just bought a stick for my daughter to see if she wants to play. I hear it is quite interesting when you get into it.

I just bought a stick for my daughter to see if she wants to play. I hear it is quite interesting when you get into it.

I think its a really good sport for girls, especially suburban girls who have athletic builds. Basketball is more of an urban sport for girls. Softball is more for the bigger girls. Volleyball is good too but I dont know much about it other than you need to be pretty tall unless you are that setter person.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I would say that this year’s surfers didn’t really get much of the Olympic experience. Tahiti is a hell of a long way from Paris.

I would say that this year’s surfers didn’t really get much of the Olympic experience. Tahiti is a hell of a long way from Paris.

Right but there's no waves conducive to what they need anywhere near Paris. So its either dont have it or have it somewhere else

I thought I heard somewhere that they were worried that having the surfing competition in France might interfere with migrant boats.

a man in a denim shirt is standing in a kitchen with a bottle of water and a can of soda .

I don’t reckon I’ve ever tweeted. However, if you’re going to use an avatar picture of Robert Kraft’s Down’s Syndrome brother and his half Ruskie rent a bride, you certainly lose the right to call anyone a douche.
man, we are just one big loving family on here, arent we..

now i have the image of robert kraft with down syndrome in my head, thanks for that..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT