ADVERTISEMENT

OT :OT: Favorite local restaurants no longer around...…..

Seneca_Valley

Sophomore
Jun 30, 2005
a dead period and I am no longer interested in hockey, NBA, or God forbid, Pirates threads, for the foodies out there. what do you miss the most?

Mine

3, Fatigati Great salads ,,,, you order a steak you get two....Great when you are a twenty something. Loved that joint,.
2. Kleins Garlic puffs were to die for Crab dishes were awesome>
1. Picollo Picollo Awesome Antipasti bar,,, Never had a better 'Osso Bucco....................

There are others but these three come to mind...............

a dead period and I am no longer interested in hockey, NBA, or God forbid, Pirates threads, for the foodies out there. what do you miss the most?

Mine

3, Fatigati Great salads ,,,, you order a steak you get two....Great when you are a twenty something. Loved that joint,.
1. Picollo Picollo Awesome Antipasti bar,,, Never had a better 'Osso Bucco....................

Fatigati I forgot all about that place . I was a kid (younger than 10) when it burnt down. I loved that place. One of the very few Italian places I would order Italian food at.

Reactions: vietvet1

Mine

Picollo Picollo was awesome, closest thing in Pittsburgh to restaurants I've seen in Italy.

In a similar vein, Lidia's, although they started to decline a little the last year or so. Probably a reason why they closed (had some health department issues also which didn't help).

And on our campus, the O. Still the best fries anywhere.

With the pandemic, unfortunately, this list will grow.

Watch the Pizza Show, NY people are cool. They stool the idea .....
and soooooo what...... its Food !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he's on about his 10th handle, never thought he would reincarnate as a South hills Pizza fan boy.
Sadly this thread devolved into pizza joints, I know part my fault, but it was supposed to be about restaurants no longer around. Another one of the good ones was the Common Plea. You could often find me there before the Panthers would play a game at the arena.

Reactions: Saboteur II

Mine

City Grill on the South Side.
Where my Wife and I had our first date.

Reactions: Saboteur II
Sadly this thread devolved into pizza joints, I know part my fault, but it was supposed to be about restaurants no longer around. Another one of the good ones was the Common Plea. You could often find me there before the Panthers would play a game at the arena.

BreakingPitt in previous handles would usually wait until Saturday night to booze it alone but now he started early this weekend

Reactions: FireballZ
I thought this thread would be better.
Poli’s was one of our fave’s.
Franco’s by the theaters .
Palomino’s after a steeler game, in town.
Paule’s Lookout in my old hometown.
Nigro’s East McKeesport.
Squirrel Hill has some corned beef restaurants....Rhoda’s, Izzy Cohen’s, & Weinstein's.....

1. Poli's on Murray Ave. in Squirrel Hill. (Seafood & Italian)
2. Samreny's on Baum Blvd. in North Oakland. (Lebanese)
3. Klein's on Fourth Ave. in Downtown (Seafood)
4. The original Ritter's street car diner on Baum Blvd. in North Oakland (Real Home Style Cooking)
5. Medure's in New Castle (Lamb on the Rod, Fried Zucchini, Italian)
6. The New Villa in Farrell (Italian & Hand Cut Steaks)
7. The Wave in Sharon (Italian)
8. The Living Room in Niles/Warren, OH (Steaks, Italian)
9. The Pancake Kitchen (Forbes Ave. in Oakland)
10. Palomino Restaurant on Liberty Ave. in Downtown (European-inspired regional American Cuisine)
11. Tambellini's on 7th Street in Downtown (Italian)
12. My Mom's Homemade Cooking (Hunky Food)

I thought this thread would be better.
Poli’s was one of our fave’s.
Franco’s by the theaters .
Palomino’s after a steeler game, in town.
Paule’s Lookout in my old hometown.
Nigro’s East McKeesport.
Squirrel Hill has some corned beef restaurants....Rhoda’s, Izzy Cohen’s, & Weinstein's.....
I didn’t think anybody remembered Nigros

The Addison House in Leechburg. The best Prime Rib and French Onion Soup. Also who can forget the 49 cent subs at G.C. Murphy's.

1. Winner’s—Oakland korean
2. Ernie’s and Harvest House: South Hills Village
3. Chichis-nostalgia purposes, only
4 Red Bull Inn
5. South Park Inn
6. Italian Oven
7. Coslow’s-Finleyville

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT