ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Purdue & Morton

Reed Sheppard still exists and plays college basketball too. He’s shooting 51.3 percent from 3. Not to take anything away from Blake, btw. But Reed is the best shooter in the country.

I mean I guess it depends on how many shots you want to use to qualify for the list, but in reality Hinson's percentage isn't even in the NCAA top 50.

The ACC's official stats have him 3rd in the conference, but that's using 2.5 MAKES per game (I originally typed shots, which is wrong) to qualify, and that's a lot of threes per game. Drop it down to 2.0 attempts per game and it looks link Hinson drops down to a tie for 8th.

Groves, UVa, 49.4% on 77 attempts
Post, BC, 46.1 on 76
McKneely, UVa, 46.0 on 137
Madsen, BC, 45.8 on 83
Roach, Duke, 44.8 on 87
Girard, Clemson, 43.4 on 175
Horne, NC St, 43.1 on 174
Hinson, Pitt, 42.9 on 212
Cattoor, VT, 42.9 on 154
Nickel, VT, 42.9 on 112

He shot 38% on threes last year on 255 shots. I'm not sure how that translates into proof of him not being a three point shooter.

before he came to Pitt is what I was referencing .. he was 23 years old when he came to Pitt as a Junior. Out of Highschool for 5 years.

I think Straight Eyed Larry is off his meds again

can't wait to hear you newest inside info

giphy.gif

Surprised you're not in hibernation after that game last night. Can't wait to watch Butler get creamed Friday.

I couldn't tell you a single player on the Butler roster. I haven't watched a second of their games since Morton left. You really got me with that deep burn there.

I couldn't tell you a single player on the Butler roster. I haven't watched a second of their games since Morton left. You really got me with that deep burn there.
You're not the loser assistant who talked to a PR player before he was gonna shoot game winning FT's in the playoffs then got suspended and fired after Morton graduated are you? That guy looked like he had Fatal Attraction thing going on with Morton. Would make so much sense.

Reactions: Phil Indiana CC
You're not the loser assistant who talked to a PR player before he was gonna shoot game winning FT's in the playoffs then got suspended and fired after Morton graduated are you? That guy looked like he had Fatal Attraction thing going on with Morton. Would make so much sense.
This is hilarious. I’ve never heard this accusation before. It might be hard to peg which assistant. Clement usually has about 10 of them.

This is hilarious. I’ve never heard this accusation before. It might be hard to peg which assistant. Clement usually has about 10 of them.
Oh, I know exactly who he is. Crowd waited 10 minutes while kid who fouled PR kid was being checked for injuries and this assistant was walking in front of the PR kid, talking to him, saying stuff to him, telling him he knew he would choke etc. I have the video lol. And I heard from the PR kids exactly what the dude said. He was reported by multiple people to the WPIAL for this ridiculous, childish move and basically would've brushed Morton's hair. The love affair was quite weird and he was never on the bench after Morton's senior year. The similarities here are too eery.

before he came to Pitt is what I was referencing .. he was 23 years old when he came to Pitt as a Junior. Out of Highschool for 5 years.
Well, you're off on your numbers and when he transferred Capel said they liked his range. It was the only part of his game he referenced. That's because Blake was always looked at as a 3 point shooter.

You should probably take a break.

Reactions: PITTstorm
It is funny, I forget who the debates were, but Morton, Femi and I believe Nelly Cummings and who would end up having the best career. The reason why I bring this up, Pitt fans (we) were lamenting not getting the highly rated Morton, and getting Femi and some poster (I forget who) was always pimping Nelly Cummings. Well......I guess he was right.

It is funny, I forget who the debates were, but Morton, Femi and I believe Nelly Cummings and who would end up having the best career. The reason why I bring this up, Pitt fans (we) were lamenting not getting the highly rated Morton, and getting Femi and some poster (I forget who) was always pimping Nelly Cummings. Well......I guess he was right.
Nelly Cummings was 3 classes before Morton. It was who was better between Morton and Jeffress, they both have stunk. One has played a role on elite teams and the other has not. But then it turned into Femi when he had 3 good games and everyone claimed it was addition by subtraction until Femi was completely exposed the next year.

In the 96 points scored by Purdue against Rutgers. Morton tallied 0 points in 13 minutes of action.

In the 96 points scored by Purdue against Rutgers. Morton tallied 0 points in 13 minutes of action.
He hasn’t scored in 6 games and hasn’t scored over 3 points in a game since the first game of the season when he scored a whole 5 points.

Reactions: Saboteur II
Well, you're off on your numbers and when he transferred Capel said they liked his range. It was the only part of his game he referenced. That's because Blake was always looked at as a 3 point shooter.

You should probably take a break.

No he wasn’t lol. Capel literally just said last week he had no clue Blake was this kind of shooter when they recruited him

Oh, I know exactly who he is. Crowd waited 10 minutes while kid who fouled PR kid was being checked for injuries and this assistant was walking in front of the PR kid, talking to him, saying stuff to him, telling him he knew he would choke etc. I have the video lol. And I heard from the PR kids exactly what the dude said. He was reported by multiple people to the WPIAL for this ridiculous, childish move and basically would've brushed Morton's hair. The love affair was quite weird and he was never on the bench after Morton's senior year. The similarities here are too eery.

I was never on the staff lol trust me I don’t follow 16 year olds kids around like you do

You’re back. We must’ve won.

Yeah I follow 16 year olds around lol. Your love affair with Morton is one of the weirder things I’ve ever seen.

I didn’t say a word about Pitt winning lol I’m surprised we didn’t get a buyout post from you this week and all your inside info.

Morton stinks. All I said was that out of HS he could’ve played PG somewhere else and changed his trajectory. That’s it. I fully admit he stinks. Was I saying he’s good?

I didn’t say a word about Pitt winning lol I’m surprised we didn’t get a buyout post from you this week and all your inside info.

Morton stinks. All I said was that out of HS he could’ve played PG somewhere else and changed his trajectory. That’s it. I fully admit he stinks. Was I saying he’s good?
Hes got another year. 1/7 = no bueno. Even Bickell will care enough about hoops at that point to bail Heather out unlike last time

No he wasn’t lol. Capel literally just said last week he had no clue Blake was this kind of shooter when they recruited him

LOL what? He specifically said it in the press release when they got Blake.

He didn't know Blake was going to drop 40+ on folks or light Duke up in Cameron going 7-7 from three? Yeah, nobody knew that.

Hinson's game was always the 3 ball.

LOL what? He specifically said it in the press release when they got Blake.

He didn't know Blake was going to drop 40+ on folks or light Duke up in Cameron going 7-7 from three? Yeah, nobody knew that.

Hinson's game was always the 3 ball.

listen to his radio show 2 weeks ago. Hinson was absolutely not known for shooting the 3 ball. He said he had to tell Blake his first practice to shoot the ball because he was passing up open 3s.

You're way off here

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT