ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Question for the Lair’s hockey fans

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
In your eyes, which is worse:

Losing four Stanley Cups in five years with multiple teams

OR

Losing a Stanley Cup, joining the team that beat you, and then losing another Stanley Cup to the team you left?

Probably the 4 in 5.

Your other example I assume refers to Hossa, who eventually got his Cups with the Hawks, so I’m sure he feels fine about it.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Probably the 4 in 5.

Your other example I assume refers to Hossa, who eventually got his Cups with the Hawks, so I’m sure he feels fine about it.
Yup, I was referring to Hossa. It’s a good thing he won the Cups in Chicago or else he’d have a much larger place in infamous hockey lore.

To Perry’s credit, he also won a Cup with Anaheim way back in 2007. Feels like forever ago now.

I hate that the Florida Panthers, a team without a fanbase, gets to win the Stanley Cup. That team needs to get moved.
Yeah and Tampa and Nashville have built quite solid fanbases with Stanley Cup runs. I am sure Florida with back to back finals and a likely cup will. But really, when has Miami supported any team college or pro??

I hate that the Florida Panthers, a team without a fanbase, gets to win the Stanley Cup. That team needs to get moved.
I disagree. I think this is a win for hockey in the United States. If this can help solidify the NHL’s foothold in South Florida, why can’t it succeed in Atlanta or Phoenix?

Now, I will say that I hate that they’re going to win it with those uniforms… bring back the flying panther!
florida_panthers_logo_alternate_01.png

Reactions: USN_Panther
As a Buffalo Sabres fan when teams like the panthers, lightning, and especially Vegas win it it’s painful.

Yea, that's what I'm saying. Its not fair. Florida has just about no fanbase. Probably the worst fanbase in all of American pro sports. Tampa is a better sports town and they do have a small fanbase there. Vegas actually has a good fanbase.

Yeah and Tampa and Nashville have built quite solid fanbases with Stanley Cup runs. I am sure Florida with back to back finals and a likely cup will. But really, when has Miami supported any team college or pro??

Miami is an awful, awful sports town. The Marlins, Heat, and Hurricanes have terrible fanbases. The Dolphins are the only ones who draw. There is a 0% chance of South Florida supporting a hockey team. And Phoenix too. I think what the NHL folks dont realize about Miami and Phoenix is although there are large populations, their target population (youngish white men) isnt huge. Hockey just isnt ever going to be popular amongst Hispanics or African-Americans.

Yea, that's what I'm saying. Its not fair. Florida has just about no fanbase. Probably the worst fanbase in all of American pro sports. Tampa is a better sports town and they do have a small fanbase there. Vegas actually has a good fanbase.
Fair? Lol. Come on. Grow up. When life appears unfair, look inward and do something about it. Get better. And when you can’t do anything about it because you’re just a fan and don’t own the team, just remember it’s just sports. Thanks for giving me a good laugh though this AM. Add you to the always a victim crowd.

Speaking of Florida, something else to ponder:

Wasn't there a trade rumor floated 5-6 years ago involving Malkin for Barkov and someone else (maybe Ekblad?). I'm glad that our core will ride into the sunset together, but it's really tempting to take that haul in hindsight.

Ottawa inaugural year they went 10-70-4, while
Vegas went to the finals. Bettman built in advantages to assure vegas was an instant hit to create a fan base. Good business move, but crappy for cities that have had teams for teams with nothing to show.

If I played in the NHL I would probably want to play for a team that doesn’t make the playoffs or loses in the first round. I like having my summers off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT