ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rank your too 5 binge worthy shows

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
I suppose there’s been 100 of these threads but what’s wrong with starting another.

I’m halfway through the Ozark series and it had wondering it’s place in my mind compared to other shows.

what is your top 5 list of shows in the (from the Sopranos days to the current Netflix era). Here is mine. Hoping for some good suggestions from others.

1) Game of Thrones
2) Stranger Things
3) Curb Your Enthusiasm
4) Breaking Bad
5) Ozark

honorable mention—Cobra Kai

I echo Fargo. I love that series. Can’t wait for Season 4.

I couldn't get into season three. Seemed good but couldn't hold up to the first two. Season one might be the best season of anything I've ever watched. Cast Billy Bob and Bokeem Woodbine in different roles every season.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Best binge-watch is different from best show to me. This is a list of stuff I can just churn through nonstop with no context for quality (see #3) or recency.

1: The Wire
2: The Witcher
3: Blue Bloods (Full disclosure. I hate watch this show. Everyone makes me angry. But my wife and I binged 7 seasons in probably 2 months)
4: Star Trek: TNG
5: Frasier

@SoufOaklin4Life How is the new season of Killing Eve. I got a little worn out near the ned of last season.

Best binge-watch is different from best show to me. This is a list of stuff I can just churn through nonstop with no context for quality (see #3) or recency.

1: The Wire
2: The Witcher
3: Blue Bloods (Full disclosure. I hate watch this show. Everyone makes me angry. But my wife and I binged 7 seasons in probably 2 months)
4: Star Trek: TNG
5: Frasier

@SoufOaklin4Life How is the new season of Killing Eve. I got a little worn out near the ned of last season.
Only watched episode 1 so far -
Ended in a shocking way

American
Longmire
Bosch
GoT (except last season) - calling it American here
Jesse Stone series (too short but based on books)
Marvel groups (Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, DareDevel, Luke Cage)

English/Irish/Scottish
Sherlock
Revis
Vera
Foyles War series
Endeavor, Morse and Inspector Lewis
Jack Taylor

Reactions: #99HUGHgreen
In no order:
Narcos
Breaking bad
the Wire
Ozark
Bloodline
Having seen breaking bad, I’ve been watching Ozark and drawing the same parallels that people have always said. But I’ve made it toward the end of season 2 Ozark, and the character that I thought would be the Walter White of the series is looking like it’s turning out to be someone else.

Shows I have binged. And by "binged" I truly mean binging to the point of it is 3AM and I am still watching.....

1) The Wire
2) Stranger Things
3) Ozark
4) Narcos Mexico

Thinking about obviously doing Breaking Bad or Mad Men since I never watched. I didn't include things like the Sopranos because I watched that as it happened.

Shows I have binged. And by "binged" I truly mean binging to the point of it is 3AM and I am still watching.....

1) The Wire
2) Stranger Things
3) Ozark
4) Narcos Mexico

Thinking about obviously doing Breaking Bad or Mad Men since I never watched. I didn't include things like the Sopranos because I watched that as it happened.
Do Breaking Bad. You will not regret it.

Reactions: PittPanther44
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
The Wire
Better Call Saul
The Viet Nam War (Ken Burns)

No particular order.

Did anyone ever watch Oz? It was on HBO about 20 years ago. That was good. You guys already mentioned some good ones, so I figured I would add a new one to the list.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan

1) The Wire
2) Stranger Things
3) Ozark
4) Narcos Mexico

I’ll be curious how you’ll respond to breaking bad after watching Ozark first. Most think Ozark is a poor man’s Breaking Bad. Perhaps you’ll think that Breaking Bad is a poor man’s Ozark.

I really like Ozark, but am not feeling the Breaking Bad comparison's.
If you are looking for good shows that are between 6-10 episodes total (and thus aren’t as daunting as starting The Wire, Breaking Bad, Homeland, etc), I would recommend the following:

Chernobyl
Fargo Season 1
Fargo Season 2 (Separate characters and storylines)
True Detective Season 1
True Detective Season 3 (separate characters and storylines)
The People vs OJ
The Night Of

I am also in the middle of The Plot Against America on HBO and really enjoying it.

Reactions: FireballZ
I really like Ozark, but am not feeling the Breaking Bad comparison's.
How could you not? They are both crime drama’s about “normal” middle aged men who fall deeper and deeper into a life of crime revolving around drugs and a path of dead bodies in their wake. While the relationship between Marty and Ruth is not as detailed as Walter and Jesse’s, there are still similarities there. And I see the evolution of one other character to be similar to Walter’s, and it’s not Marty. I’m looking forward to seeing it continue in season 3.

Some shows I really enjoyed that aren't always mentioned or under the radar.
Friday Night Lights- Well known
Boston Legal
Suits
Psych
White Collar
Becker- Great Sitcom with Ted Danson
Coach

The Andy Griffith Show
Leave it to Beaver
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
The Bob Newhart Show (original)
The Undersea World of Jacque Cousteau

Old school....but at least I will LMAO!
I loved Cousteau as a kid. I still remember his diving partners Philippe and Falco onboard the Calypso.
I wish they still showed Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. Marlon Perkins was always in the studio with monkey in a diaper while Jim's jumping off the skid of a helicopter onto a gazelle at full sprint.

I think the Outsider by HBO would be better binged. It is only 10 episodes.

I have tried to get into The Plot Against America but have had trouble. Escape from Dannemorra also was really good.

Reactions: pitt-girl
I don't really have a 5. I can do The Wire 1st and foremost. Deadliest Catch, especially the early seasons and Bar Rescue.

If you are looking for good shows that are between 6-10 episodes total (and thus aren’t as daunting as starting The Wire, Breaking Bad, Homeland, etc), I would recommend the following:

Chernobyl
Fargo Season 1
Fargo Season 2 (Separate characters and storylines)
True Detective Season 1
True Detective Season 3 (separate characters and storylines)
The People vs OJ
The Night Of

I am also in the middle of The Plot Against America on HBO and really enjoying it.
Good list. True Detective 1 is a big top 5 contender.

Reactions: JD1976
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT