ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rank your too 5 binge worthy shows

How could you not? They are both crime drama’s about “normal” middle aged men who fall deeper and deeper into a life of crime revolving around drugs and a path of dead bodies in their wake. While the relationship between Marty and Ruth is not as detailed as Walter and Jesse’s, there are still similarities there. And I see the evolution of one other character to be similar to Walter’s, and it’s not Marty. I’m looking forward to seeing it continue in season 3.
Walter White was a late budding sociopath, a lot like Tony Soprano at that point. Not like either Byrd.
Also, while WW was in scramble mode at times, the pace of the show overall is LOT slower than Ozark. It made the pivotal moments bigger.
It also had the Easter eggs that became key elements to things that unfolded WAY down the line.
You also had a very dominant character in WWs BIL Hank, who had a rock solid moral compass and was a good guy you rooted for, cheered when he got the best of the Salamanco brothers and were crushed when he didn't make it. You get attached to and root for Ruthie, but it isnt the same.
You also have a unique and long running super genius bad guy in Gus Frame.
I mean, if people see it, ok. I just dont.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Ok, a lot if the expected series mentioned herein. One I haven’t seen mentioned yet which we had a thread on a while back —- YOU.

It wasn’t one of my favorites because I got tired of the main character being unrealistically one step ahead of everyone all the time. But it did put you in that anticipation mode that is ready made for binge watching.

Ok, a lot if the expected series mentioned herein. One I haven’t seen mentioned yet which we had a thread on a while back —- YOU.

It wasn’t one of my favorites because I got tired of the main character being unrealistically one step ahead of everyone all the time. But it did put you in that anticipation mode that is ready made for binge watching.
I agree. You is very good to binge.

The Americans - consistently excellent
The West Wing
The Wire
Lost - though it was annoying the way things didn't gets tied together

Homeland - first two seasons with final episode of season one simply great.

Picket Fences - quarkie show from the 90s with excellent first two seasons.

The Sopranos

Breaking Bad

Better Call Saul - slow burn but good

The Walking Dead - until Negan

The Golden Girls - still hilarious

Reactions: Jeffburgh
The West Wing
The Wire

The Sopranos

Breaking Bad

Does Homeland stay good throughout?

Ok I’ll throw another one out there not mentioned yet for pure mindless binge watching. Old Showtime series playing for free on Hulu now. 7 seasons worth of sex, drugs, more sex and more drugs. Californication.

Reactions: BVGPitt
Walking Dead Seasons 1-6, after that it is unbelievably terrible
Sacred Games
Handmaids Tale (at least season 1)
Manhunt Unabomber
World Farting Championships (2012 and 2017 games were the best, but you could easily watch the last 10 years)

#1A-Boardwalk Empire
#1B-Band of Brothers

Honorable Mention:
Eastbound and Down
The Wire
The Sopranos
Ozark
Oz
Dexter
True Blood
Breaking Bad
1st 3 seasons of TWD

I suppose there’s been 100 of these threads but what’s wrong with starting another.

I’m halfway through the Ozark series and it had wondering it’s place in my mind compared to other shows.

what is your top 5 list of shows in the (from the Sopranos days to the current Netflix era). Here is mine. Hoping for some good suggestions from others.

1) Game of Thrones
2) Stranger Things
3) Curb Your Enthusiasm
4) Breaking Bad
5) Ozark

honorable mention—Cobra Kai

1) Yellowstone
2) Jack Ryan
3) The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
4) DaVinci's Demons
5) Homeland

I loved Cousteau as a kid. I still remember his diving partners Philippe and Falco onboard the Calypso.
I wish they still showed Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. Marlon Perkins was always in the studio with monkey in a diaper while Jim's jumping off the skid of a helicopter onto a gazelle at full sprint.
Great call on Mutual of Omaha!

I have many of the same favorites that have been posted by many others above.

Here are 5 very good series that I do not think anyone has yet mentioned with the exception of one*.

Hannibal
Money Heist
Longmire*
Killing
Rome

I found these original Netflix super hero series to be a bit of a guilty pleasure and quite addicting.

Luke Cage
Dare Devil
Jessica Jones
Iron Fist

Last edited:
Seinfeld is the greatest show ever in my mind, and I’d have to buy it to binge watch it. Also, I’ve seen every episode ten times. Having said that, here is my list.

1. The Wire
2. Sopranos
3. GOT
4. The Office
5. Ozark

Honorable Mention: The Last Kingdom

Shows I have binged. And by "binged" I truly mean binging to the point of it is 3AM and I am still watching.....

1) The Wire
2) Stranger Things
3) Ozark
4) Narcos Mexico

Thinking about obviously doing Breaking Bad or Mad Men since I never watched. I didn't include things like the Sopranos because I watched that as it happened.
3am??? Lightweight. Sunrise baby!!

The West Wing
The Wire

The Sopranos

Breaking Bad

Remember Maude??

Some shows I really enjoyed that aren't always mentioned or under the radar.
Friday Night Lights- Well known
Boston Legal
Suits
Psych
White Collar
Becker- Great Sitcom with Ted Danson
Coach

Great call on FNL. Very bingeable.

I suppose there’s been 100 of these threads but what’s wrong with starting another.

I’m halfway through the Ozark series and it had wondering it’s place in my mind compared to other shows.

what is your top 5 list of shows in the (from the Sopranos days to the current Netflix era). Here is mine. Hoping for some good suggestions from others.

1) Game of Thrones
2) Stranger Things
3) Curb Your Enthusiasm
4) Breaking Bad
5) Ozark

honorable mention—Cobra Kai

I have only one--

Longmire--I like the quirky murder cases being solved--Wife likes the underlying "soap opera."

#1A-Boardwalk Empire
#1B-Band of Brothers

Honorable Mention:
Eastbound and Down
The Wire
The Sopranos
Ozark
Oz
Dexter
True Blood
Breaking Bad
1st 3 seasons of TWD
Yeah, if you are going to do Band of Brothers (which I have seen countless times it is fantastic) you also need to do the Pacific. BoB deals with 101st Airborne with their parachuting in on DDay and their advancement into Germany. Fantastic. But the Pacific deals with the US troops going island to island in the Pacific, in what seemed to be even more horrific of battles.

Seinfeld is the greatest show ever in my mind, and I’d have to buy it to binge watch it. Also, I’ve seen every episode ten times. Having said that, here is my list.

1. The Wire
2. Sopranos
3. GOT
4. The Office
5. Ozark

Honorable Mention: The Last Kingdom

Interesting you have Seinfeld as your favorite show ever but no mention of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I loved Seinfeld. But Curb is my favorite show ever. By miles.

Underrated HBO shows - 6 Feet Under and Carnevale. Carnevale on the surface was way outside my wheelhouse but a friend suggested it. Wasn’t on long but I got hooked.

Interesting you have Seinfeld as your favorite show ever but no mention of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I loved Seinfeld. But Curb is my favorite show ever. By miles.

Underrated HBO shows - 6 Feet Under and Carnevale. Carnevale on the surface was way outside my wheelhouse but a friend suggested it. Wasn’t on long but I got hooked.
I couldn't tell you why the show has never appealed to me. Larry David is brilliant, but I don't like something about him. I cannot tell you what that something is though. I just don't know.

I've tried many times to get into it. My HBO subscription has been intermittent over the years, too.

I couldn't tell you why the show has never appealed to me. Larry David is brilliant, but I don't like something about him. I cannot tell you what that something is though. I just don't know.

I've tried many times to get into it. My HBO subscription has been intermittent over the years, too.
Mr. Pitt-girl loves Curb. Obviously funny, but I find it a bit too snarky for my taste.

I'm with you on Larry David.

He's brilliant, for sure, but I think his talent comes across much better as a writer, then as an actor. There's some disconnect for me when he's acting.

I just finished a show from 2016 called Containment on Netflix. Eerily similar to Covid pandemic. Worth the quick 1 season binge

My top 5 shows to binge have already been mentioned in other posts, so I'll list 5 good series that I haven't seen on here. I may have missed someone posting them.

1. The Last Kingdom
2. Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
3. Mr. Selfridge
4. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
5. Penn and Teller's Bullshit
5b. Penn and Teller's Fool Us

edit: Also Mindhunter is very good

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT