ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rank your too 5 binge worthy shows

Supernatural
Homicide: Life on the Streets
Twilight Zone
The Simpsons (just keeps going and going)
Sons of Anarchy

Yeah, if you are going to do Band of Brothers (which I have seen countless times it is fantastic) you also need to do the Pacific. BoB deals with 101st Airborne with their parachuting in on DDay and their advancement into Germany. Fantastic. But the Pacific deals with the US troops going island to island in the Pacific, in what seemed to be even more horrific of battles.

I really struggled through the first half of the Pacific. The second half was great though.

Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Ozark
House of Cards
Madmen

Also:
Into the Badlands
WACO (6 episodes)
Unorthodox (4 episodes)

I am still watching TWD, but that has gotten really tedious

Madmen was interesting to me, because it corresponds to the first decade of my childhood, and I find it interesting to see how different everything was as far as the culture. Makes me wish I lived then :)

I really like Ozark, but am not feeling the Breaking Bad comparison's.
Me neither? Other than maybe both are about people who probably would have been straight good members of the legit world, who got into being criminals based on various circumstances

Matlock
Perry Mason
Columbo
Twilight Zone
Alfred Hitchcock Presents

Great TV!

All in a row on MeTV.
With nothing to do we watch them all right through Alfred Hitchcock which ends around 2 am.

I just finished a show from 2016 called Containment on Netflix. Eerily similar to Covid pandemic. Worth the quick 1 season binge
I gave this a hard try. I lasted 4-5 episodes but gave up on it. But at least it kept me that long. I saw Yellowstone suggested in this thread and tried it tonight. I couldn’t make it past the first episode so now I’m on pantherlair. Lol.

Reactions: pitt-girl
I gave this a hard try. I lasted 4-5 episodes but gave up on it. But at least it kept me that long. I saw Yellowstone suggested in this thread and tried it tonight. I couldn’t make it past the first episode so now I’m on pantherlair. Lol.
Bingeing TV was kind of interesting the first 3? weeks for me. (Not that I haven't before but not for sport if that makes sense.) Now I fear that even if it's a really great show I just can't drum up the interest.

Surprised a bit nobody mentioned Peaky Blinders... First few seasons of House of Cards as well.

The Americans - consistently excellent
The West Wing
The Wire
Lost - though it was annoying the way things didn't gets tied together

Homeland - first two seasons with final episode of season one simply great.

Picket Fences - quarkie show from the 90s with excellent first two seasons.

The Sopranos

Breaking Bad

Better Call Saul - slow burn but good

The Walking Dead - until Negan

The Golden Girls - still hilarious

I just finished season one of True Detective. Unbelievable. Adding to my list.

Top current shows

Billions
Succession
Ozark
Yellowstone
The Great - is actually pretty funny

All time

The Wire
Breaking Bad
Schitt's Creek
Mad Men
True Detective Season 1
Shameless

Last edited:
I suppose there’s been 100 of these threads but what’s wrong with starting another.

I’m halfway through the Ozark series and it had wondering it’s place in my mind compared to other shows.

what is your top 5 list of shows in the (from the Sopranos days to the current Netflix era). Here is mine. Hoping for some good suggestions from others.

1) Game of Thrones
2) Stranger Things
3) Curb Your Enthusiasm
4) Breaking Bad
5) Ozark

honorable mention—Cobra Kai
I’ll focus on ones folks haven’t heard of :
1. Mr. Robot
2. The Watchmen
3 Umbella Academy
4. Barry
5. Ballers (for something light )

Peaky blinders
Breaking bad
Better call Saul
Game of thrones ( the last season was terrible)
Obsession
The Boys
Expanse

Xfiles
Mountain Men
Forged in Fire
Moonshiners
Gold rush

Last edited:
Here are some really good ones that got overlooked...in no order

Tin Star
Occupied
Fortitude (Season 1 especially)
Lilyhammer
The OA
The Fall
Westworld
Deadwood
Succession
The Leftovers
Sharp Objects (one season)
Ash vs. Evil Dead (Hilarious)
Goliath (Billy Bob Thorton)
Outlander
Barry
Weeds
House of lies

Yes I have a spreadsheet...

Over the last 2 nights, I watched the first season of "Cobra Kai", a 35 years later sequel to "Karate Kid", it's very fun, and Ralph Machhio never stops being annoying even after age 50 :)

The Sopranos
X-Files
Seinfeld
Dark Shadows

Well done, Mr Meister. The Soprano's was, and remains, THE best story on film I've ever seen. And I don't expect to see anything as good again. Ever.

If ya' need little patriotic boost in this era of lunatic seditious slander against our nation, I stronger recommend Band of Brothers and The Pacific. And Rick Burns' "The War" is fantastic, too...

Reactions: pittmeister
The Andy Griffith Show
Leave it to Beaver
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
The Bob Newhart Show (original)
The Undersea World of Jacque Cousteau

Old school....but at least I will LMAO!
I would add "All In The Family". That show was not PC (politically correct) back in the 70s. Boy it was funny. Imagine that show running today?

American
Longmire
Bosch
GoT (except last season) - calling it American here
Jesse Stone series (too short but based on books)
Marvel groups (Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, DareDevel, Luke Cage)

English/Irish/Scottish
Sherlock
Revis

Vera
Foyles War series
Endeavor, Morse and Inspector Lewis
Jack Taylor

In the English/Irish/Scottish category try:

Line of Duty
MI-5
Broadchurch
Shetland
Happy Valley
Keeping Faith
Deadwater Fell
Blood

We have found that the BBC produced dramas - in particular - are almost always outstanding.

I started to re-watch “Dallas” and have reminded myself of why until this new era of TV dramas I had always considered that to be the best of all-time. The characters, led by JR Ewing, are superb and the storylines are legendary. Plus, the rivalries JR had with his brother Bobby, with his wife, with Cliff Barnes, are some of the best in TV history. If you are under 30, you might not even know about Dallas, but it is worth a look. The only downside is the sheer length of the series run. It ran for 13 seasons and has over 100 episodes.

In the English/Irish/Scottish category try:

Line of Duty
MI-5
Broadchurch
Shetland
Happy Valley
Keeping Faith
Deadwater Fell
Blood

We have found that the BBC produced dramas - in particular - are almost always outstanding.
I'm also a big fan of BBC productions and most of the shows you list. Young Wallander, currently on Netflix, is decent.

I suppose there’s been 100 of these threads but what’s wrong with starting another.

I’m halfway through the Ozark series and it had wondering it’s place in my mind compared to other shows.

what is your top 5 list of shows in the (from the Sopranos days to the current Netflix era). Here is mine. Hoping for some good suggestions from others.

1) Game of Thrones
2) Stranger Things
3) Curb Your Enthusiasm
4) Breaking Bad
5) Ozark

Lots of good shows and a few I need to watch, but I am surprised that I didn’t see one Ray Donovan mention? Am I the only one who will miss it now that it has been dropped?

Lots of good shows and a few I need to watch, but I am surprised that I didn’t see one Ray Donovan mention? Am I the only one who will miss it now that it has been dropped?
I watched the first 4-5 episodes of Ray Donovan, and then never went further. It was ok. I guess I should have kept going??

I watched the first 4-5 episodes of Ray Donovan, and then never went further. It was ok. I guess I should have kept going??
There were some really good seasons and some not so good in my mind. Like most series.

Over the last 2 nights, I watched the first season of "Cobra Kai", a 35 years later sequel to "Karate Kid", it's very fun, and Ralph Machhio never stops being annoying even after age 50 :)
I finished the first 2 seasons. Looking forward to the 3rd, Really a fun series, part comedy and part serious, even if you never saw the movies it's good, but remembering the movies it's better, I hope they bring back some more of the old characters next.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce

1) Game of Thrones
2) Stranger Things
3) Curb Your Enthusiasm
4) Breaking Bad
5) Ozark

We old timers did not have to search and scroll here and there to binge...Here was an actual early 70's Saturday night lineup on CBS from 8-11pm.

All in the Family
MASH
Mary Tyler Moore Show
Bob Newhart Show
Carol Burnett Show

Reactions: pittmeister
I finished the first 2 seasons. Looking forward to the 3rd, Really a fun series, part comedy and part serious, even if you never saw the movies it's good, but remembering the movies it's better, I hope they bring back some more of the old characters next.
My 16 year old son brought it to my attention, and I agree with everything you posted about it. We are really enjoying it.

The best character ever.
just last week I saw Rollo screw up blind dates he had lined up for he and LaMont...LaMont says let's just stop and have a beer at this bar and go home...Bubba sees them go in and sees the name of the bar being "the gay blade". Bubba tells Fred he saw LaMont and Rollo go into a "sissy" bar. Fred says there is not way LaMont is like "Fred's homophobic wavering hand gesture"... good times (don't get me started on James and Florida and JJ and Bookman the janitor), good times.

My 16 year old son brought it to my attention, and I agree with everything you posted about it. We are really enjoying it.
The way I see it, only Creese is a bad guy, Johnny and Daniel are both A-holes and good in their own way, it's not always clear who the good guy is all the time between the two, they are both flawed, but neither is clearly the good guy, I find myself rooting for both of them then sometimes not, I think the 3rd season will be interesting with Creese taking over Cobra Kai and Daniel-san quitting his school, I could see Johnny going Mr. Miyagi and reconciling with his son and training him, and he ends up fighting Creese's guys, the wild card I suppose is Miguel recovering, where does he go. You can see I enjoy the show :)

I got addicted to The Expanse
Also liked season 1 of The Boys. Season 2 just came out.
Also loved The Witcher.

My wife is currently binge watching Lucifer. I'm too busy outside these days to totally

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT