ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rank your too 5 binge worthy shows

I spent a year watching only YouTube (not YouTube TV) and I've found that I've got so much great stuff to watch there that I'm having trouble getting back into actual shows. Has anyone ever watched the YouTuber called Bald and Bankrupt? Extremely entertaining.

I spent a year watching only YouTube (not YouTube TV) and I've found that I've got so much great stuff to watch there that I'm having trouble getting back into actual shows. Has anyone ever watched the YouTuber called Bald and Bankrupt? Extremely entertaining.

Yeah. I've seen that dude. So much travel stuff on there now. I also like Living the Van Life if you're into travel and Mark Weins if you're into food.

I agree that it's more difficult to get into other shows because of Youtube. I'm way more selective now.

Though I just watch the season one of Into the Night on Netflix and enjoyed it.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Glancing through this thread, I didn't see The Kominsky Method mentioned. Maybe you have to be an older male to appreciate the humor. Easy to binge watch, only two seasons so far, episodes were about 20 - 25 minutes long.

Longmire
Justified (“Is it because we dug coal together?”Might be the best closing line in TV history.)
Deadwood
Game of Thrones
Ozarks
Call Your Agent (French)
The Tunnel (French/British)

Most probably haven’t seen the last two. You should. Call Your Agent is about a small but prestigious talent agency in Paris. The Tunnel is about a joint investigation of a dead body found right in the middle of the underwater tunnel between England and France. It is based in a Danish/Swedish show called The Bridge where the body is found right in the middle of the bridge between Copenhagen, Denmark and Malmo, Sweden. Unfortunately, The Bridge is not available now on any streaming channel I know of other than German Netflix

1. True Detective Season 1
2. Bloodline
3. Ozark
4. GOT
5. Curb Your Enthusiasm

Honorable Mention: The Office

How could you not? They are both crime drama’s about “normal” middle aged men who fall deeper and deeper into a life of crime revolving around drugs and a path of dead bodies in their wake. While the relationship between Marty and Ruth is not as detailed as Walter and Jesse’s, there are still similarities there. And I see the evolution of one other character to be similar to Walter’s, and it’s not Marty. I’m looking forward to seeing it continue in season 3.
Maybe it’s an age thing? The lead middle aged male character in Ozark is not even remotely “normal.” The first episode began with him sitting at his desk at work, on his computer watching his long time wife having sex with another guy. Somewhere in the middle of the episode there was some weird scene with him and a prostitute, and him masturbating. And then at the end of the episode, everyone he works with is executed by a drug dealer that he’s been working with.
Normal? Like I said, maybe I’m just too old 🤷🏽‍

If we’re talking shows on YouTube, I’m not ashamed to admit I *just* discovered Critical Role and that’s about all I’m watching right now.

Bloodline kind of jumped the shark. Season 3 was terrible.
I was going to comment similarly on Bloodline but didn’t want to be a spoiler for any who hadn’t seen it yet.

I thought it was a great series except the last season, while the full season of it wasn’t bad, the last 2 or 3 episodes were so long and drawn out to the point of being boring and anticlimactic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT