ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sean Payton to Denver. Would you if say the Carolina Panthers offer

Why will it look differently? They still got to the Super Bowl, even if they lose then go 5-12 next season, what's better a Super Bowl appearance and a few 5-12s, or consistent 9-8s over and over?
They drafted and signed free agents like Hargrave to build their team from the LOS back .
Then caught lightning with Jalen hurts having a MVP season

They drafted and signed free agents like Hargrave to build their team from the LOS back .
Then caught lightning with Jalen hurts having a MVP season
That doesn't change my comment, sometimes just hiring a new coach could be the reason it happened, Maybe Hurts isn't doing this being managed by the previous coach.

Maybe if the Steelers had a new coach and the offense moved into the 21st century maybe Kenny is a way better QB?

That doesn't change my comment, sometimes just hiring a new coach could be the reason it happened, Maybe Hurts isn't doing this being managed by the previous coach.

Maybe if the Steelers had a new coach and the offense moved into the 21st century maybe Kenny is a way better QB?
They hired a new coach because the owner wanted Jalen hurts to play and the old coach didn’t want to play him .
Including benching him in the final game of the season intentionally which lost him the locker room
So they fired that coach .
The owner ended up being right

You’ve got it backwards

I mean you understand the eagles are very much run dominant, right ?
They called 544 rushing plays and 536 passing plays
You’re confused as usual

Last edited:
They hired a new coach because the owner wanted Jalen hurts to play and the old coach didn’t want to play him .
Including benching him in the final game of the season intentionally which lost him the locker room
So they fired that coach .
The owner ended up being right

You’ve got it backwards

I mean you understand the eagles are very much run dominant, right ?
They called 544 rushing plays and 536 passing plays
You’re confused as usual
You're confused, I've never said be like or play like the Eagles, that's BS athat YOU ADD to the conversation, I'm saying that a new coach might modernize Tomlin's backward offensive philosophy. Who said emulate the Eagles, it's an assumption YOU MADE, I didn't say that.

So basically, what you're saying is the owner can possibly be right in firing a head coach, so I guess we're saying the same thing.

Well, the guy coaching the team they're playing has been to a few, recently.
Ok? So what? I'd rather go to a Super Bowl and lose, rather than be 9-8 and not go. At least you get the team-centric Super Bowl Party.

They could have held on to that guy and they might have made it to a few more.
You can't know that for sure? Maybe? Or maybe they never would have, maybe bringing in the new coach is what got them there?

It's totally possible that a new coach might have put the Steelers into a Super Bowl say in 2015-2018? We won't ever know, but that's just as possible as the Eagles going again with their old coach.

You can't know that for sure? Maybe? Or maybe they never would have, maybe bringing in the new coach is what got them there?

It's totally possible that a new coach might have put the Steelers into a Super Bowl say in 2015-2018? We won't ever know, but that's just as possible as the Eagles going again with their old coach.
Well, that's why there was some supposition in my post.

There's always this thing in sports, when a team is getting good and just needs that "one missing piece" why in Yinzerland, can't the "one missing piece" the Steelers might need ever be a HEAD COACH? Am I wrong? I'm not talking specifically about Tomlin; I mean in general.

Reactions: Dan1911
You're confused, I've never said be like or play like the Eagles, that's BS athat YOU ADD to the conversation, I'm saying that a new coach might modernize Tomlin's backward offensive philosophy. Who said emulate the Eagles, it's an assumption YOU MADE, I didn't say that.

So basically, what you're saying is the owner can possibly be right in firing a head coach, so I guess we're saying the same thing.
What isn’t modern about Tomlin ?
We rushed 500 times and passed 364 with a rookie qb
In 2021 we rushed 411 times and passed 664 times

You say words without them having any meaning .
Because you’re not very clever

What isn’t modern about Tomlin ?
We rushed 500 times and passed 364 with a rookie qb
In 2021 we rushed 411 times and passed 664 times

You say words without them having any meaning .
Because you’re not very clever
It's not just raw numbers it's HOW you pass, WHEN you pass, HOW the pass routes are designed. You're very simple minded.

It's not just raw numbers it's HOW you pass, WHEN you pass, HOW the pass routes are designed. You're very simple minded.
So explain how the eagles got modernized with each of their last two head coach hires ?
Since it’s your point .
Explain it because I demonstrated who
Flawed it was with stats
How has Siriani modernized the eagles offense

Again, I wasn't saying this is a possibility. Just a what if thing.

My problem (and it should be all Steelers fans problem) is:
- 3 playoff wins in 12 years.
- 0 playoff wins in 6 years.
- Smallest coaching staff in the NFL
- Cheapest coaching staff in the NFL.

Is this a Tomlin thing? Or is this an Art Rooney thing? Other than Flores who was a gift, what Steelers assistant in the last 10 years moved on to even a lateral job let alone better? So is it Mikey T afraid of hiring coaching talent, or is it Art II too cheap??

I mean these are absolutely indisputable concerns if you are a Steelers fan.

So explain how the eagles got modernized with each of their last two head coach hires ?
Since it’s your point .
Explain it because I demonstrated who
Flawed it was with stats
How has Siriani modernized the eagles offense
I didn't say the Eagles needed to modernize THEIR offense, YOU SAID THAT, I said THE STEELERS need to modernize their offense. You are so dense, you just look at everything so simplistically, it's laughable.

I mean these are absolutely indisputable concerns if you are a Steelers fan.
Just about every coach with this sort of resume has been fired or, in Sean Payton's case, was anointed as a local legend who was immune from expectations, for the most part. Tomlin is in some weird vacuum where the owner doesn't seem willing to even address some of the obvious missteps so the expectations aren't really there and he can be comfortable doing as he pleases. Maybe it ends up working, eventually, but I'm not holding my breath.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT