ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shameful "Amazon H2Q" post... and resultant lunacy

Pittsburgh is old. Used to be the oldest county in Pa. Just like every family needs young people to carry on so does the ‘burgh. Welcome any effort that will stabilize the city for the future. The employees of high tech companies are not posers. My daughter works in Silicon Valley and I can assure you the employees must be productive or they are gone. As Chuck Noll said “the only thing constant is change.”
Ummm.....that’s called life and being an adult. Who gives a fuk where she works

Agree - in fact, Amazon has been back to Pittsburgh twice to review the Hazelwood site, so my guess is Pittsburgh makes the "final" list, if in fact they do release something like that.

Unlike many on here it seems, I am actively rooting for this. I know it will put a strain on the infrastructure, but too many kids have been leaving the area. It will continue the renaissance of this city and truly make it not only a destination for education but also for life. This is good for everyone IMHO. It's kind of like the post last night where someone was complaining that Amazon was destroying our economy. Life goes on folks - it can't stop just to make it easier for everyone here. You're either on the train or left back when it pulls out of the station.

Obviously JMO.

Typical yinzer attitude for those rooting against this. How could anyone not want a company like Amazon to come here?

It is a really slim chance imho. I think the only thing keeping us in is having CMU (and also Pitt) here to provide ready access to top talent. But the infrastructure is bad. !960's era PAT buses clogging the streets that aren't very efficient (try getting from the North hills to Bloomfield by bus). The T should have been extended to Oakland, but since everyone in city/county government treats Pitt/Oakland like a pariah, that hasn't happened.

Bike lane Bill has built that up so Amazon should be happy with it. Problem is the bike lanes take up roads for cars when cars are the primary means of transport in the city. So traffic is getting worse. Maybe they offer the Civic Arena site.....prime real estate right in town. Centrally located. I think that is the only hope but it is very slim.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT