ADVERTISEMENT

OT: sportsnet Pittsburgh -time to go shopping

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
So I haven’t had sportsnet Pittsburgh this hockey season and I just inquired with xfinity to add it to my package. I already pay 9.95 a month for dozens of sports channels but sportsnet isn’t one of them. In order to watch penguin hockey and pirate baseball, I would have to upgrade to Comcast’s ultimate package which would be $70 more per month. Sorry but I’m not doing that for baseball.

You folks who have Comcast, are you all on their highest subscription tier to get SNP? That’s ridiculous if you ask me. If it wasn’t for my need for xfinity internet, I’d cut the cord and go to a streaming service.

Reactions: Burgh15
So I haven’t had sportsnet Pittsburgh this hockey season and I just inquired with xfinity to add it to my package. I already pay 9.95 a month for dozens of sports channels but sportsnet isn’t one of them. In order to watch penguin hockey and pirate baseball, I would have to upgrade to Comcast’s ultimate package which would be $70 more per month. Sorry but I’m not doing that for baseball.

You folks who have Comcast, are you all on their highest subscription tier to get SNP? That’s ridiculous if you ask me. If it wasn’t for my need for xfinity internet, I’d cut the cord and go to a streaming service.
I cut cable and used Fubo for a while. It has the Pirates/Pens. For just Internet (FiOS) I'm paying $50 per month. I believe with all fees included, Fubo was around $90/month. Not the worst option. Plus you can easily cancel for the months you don't use it. I mostly use it for football season

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I cut cable and used Fubo for a while. It has the Pirates/Pens. For just Internet (FiOS) I'm paying $50 per month. I believe with all fees included, Fubo was around $90/month. Not the worst option. Plus you can easily cancel for the months you don't use it. I mostly use it for football season
I appreciate the response. It’s weird by my neighborhood hasn’t had Fios availability for the 20 years I’ve been here. I don’t understand why. And I’ve looked into the wireless internet through Verizon and T-Mobile (not sure it’s even a good product), but my house can’t get it while houses on my street can. It’s so strange.

I just inquired with xfinity to add it to my package.
Call them and tell them you want the special , Sportsnet Pittsburgh, three months free, and then $20.00 additional there after, drop the $9.95 package...seriously I just did this...keep digging until you find person who knows about the special some operators do not...I know it sounds crazy but I did it Saturday morning...

Call them and tell them you want the special , Sportsnet Pittsburgh, three months free, and then $20.00 additional there after, drop the $9.95 package...seriously I just did this...
Thank you!!! I believe the 9.95 I pay is so that I can get espnU. So if I drop that, will I get it with the special?

Probably not, I just got so dang tired of the bill, I was not going to pay anymore, but my lovely wife wanted the Pirates, so I figured -$9.95 + 20 ain't so bad.
I don’t need the U until college basketball season anyways. I hate the fact that I subscribe to espn+ and get essentially every college sports event that I want…unless that event is on the U, then it can only be watched there. Thanks again for your suggestion.

will I get it with the special?
I am terrible with this stuff. But I was told to call the number and if the person on the other end didn't know about it, say bye and call again, well the first gal new exactly and all I had to do was approve the text but my dang phone timed out. Called back, got a kid who wanted to keep talking about adding some ultimate package blah, blah, blah...I said no there is a special, three times he tried and in a nice way I became difficult, finally put on hold and a guy from Detroit comes on, nice kid, he tells me , oh it was just semantics, he says are you near your TV,, now, I look up and there it's, some WVU show, that was it! went back over the new bill and said good by!

I am terrible with this stuff. But I was told to call the number and if the person on the other end didn't know about it, say bye and call again, well the first gal new exactly and all I had to do was approve the text but my dang phone timed out. Called back, got a kid who wanted to keep talking about adding some ultimate package blah, blah, blah...I said no there is a special, three times he tried and in a nice way I became difficult, finally put on hold and a guy from Detroit comes on, nice kid, he tells me , oh it was just semantics, he says are you near your TV,, now, I look up and there it's, some WVU show, that was it! went back over the new bill and said good by!
Yeah well their call center right now has 30 minute wait times. Lol. I got a woman that I could barely understand. If I call back I have to hope that I get 1) someone with good English and 2) knows the special. Lol.

I have T-Mobile wireless internet and have never had a problem with it.
I'm over 2 years on it. Was $50 a month, now $55. I did have an issue with my old wireless gateway where it kept restarting. Come to find out it was an issue with that model where it would sometimes overheat and cause the restart. Took it to a local T-mobile store and they swapped it for a newer model.

Xfinity internet $50/month and Vita IPTV $50/year and I'm all set.
Prior, I had to call in ever to years and be difficult asking to speak to customer retention just so I didn't have to pay some crazy price increase.

Friday 55 minutes so I shut it down, Saturday morning, 9:00 ish, 2 minutes or less...
Just got a guy after a 30 minute wait for a callback. He has some kind of streaming package that would work but said it would be much cheaper to call sportsnet Pittsburgh and stream directly through them. I knew this didn’t sound right, but he gave the phone number for sportsnet nonetheless and I knew that I wasn’t getting anywhere with him so I hung up and called them. Needless to say I couldn’t reach anyone at Sportsnet, and this is probably a ploy by comcast to have customers calling them directly.

I’m going to call xfinity back sometime today and get difficult with them. I’ll tell them I want sportsnet, I’m not paying for it, and if they can’t accommodate me I’m cutting the cord.

Probably not, I just got so dang tired of the bill, I was not going to pay anymore, but my lovely wife wanted the Pirates, so I figured -$9.95 + 20 ain't so bad.
Well…I just got your deal by having the frontline Dept at comcast send my call to the retentions department in St Paul, and I got the 3 months free and $10 per month afterwards. Maybe mine was $10 because I already pay $10 for the other sports package? Who knows. I didn’t ask. But I may call back at some point and ask to cancel tht $10 to see what happens. But at least now I can watch the pens and Caps rekindle that old rivalry for maybe one last game tonight.

Reactions: Parkview57
Xfinity internet $50/month and Vita IPTV $50/year and I'm all set.
Prior, I had to call in ever to years and be difficult asking to speak to customer retention just so I didn't have to pay some crazy price increase.
What channels do you get with IPTV?

A friend uses this service 😉. No idea about the legality since I'm not an attorney but a VPN is much less than the other services...

What channels do you get with IPTV?
I get over 22,000 channels on Vita IPTV. They index sports into subcategories. You can add teams for pro sports to your favourites. Then all of their games are right there without searching. College BB and FB are indexed as a category, so I have to pick from a listing of all the games.
It has movies and series indexed separately. It is a good service. You need fast internet though.

Reactions: steelcityman

Try Verizon for Internet and couple it with Fubo. Verizon is $80/mo and drops to $45/mo with auto pay and a 2 line phone package. No wires, just a router. You get more channels. There are negatives; slower to change channels, no TBS or TNT. But, it saved me almost $100/mo. IMO, it"s worth it to change.

I get over 22,000 channels on Vita IPTV. They index sports into subcategories. You can add teams for pro sports to your favourites. Then all of their games are right there without searching. College BB and FB are indexed as a category, so I have to pick from a listing of all the games.
It has movies and series indexed separately. It is a good service. You need fast internet though.
Spot on USN.
My internet is average at best here, only have the $50/ mnth xfinity package and I've only had a brief issue a time or two.

Reactions: USN_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT