ADVERTISEMENT

OT: State College police on the hunt for whomever damaged nit lion ear

ratking17

Head Coach
Mar 15, 2009
...early indications are they will devote more resources than when they investigated Jerry.

Check out @TribLIVE’s Tweet:

Not the first time someone has defaced the shrine. Syracuse fans made it orange one time.

I'm pretty sure the ear was broken off previously. Don't know if it is the same ear.

What gets me is the Nittany Lion mascot benches scattered around cities like Bethlehem and other towns. How a bunch of Lehigh students haven't managed to destroy that yet is beyond me.

I'm pretty sure the ear was broken off previously. Don't know if it is the same ear.

What gets me is the Nittany Lion mascot benches scattered around cities like Bethlehem and other towns. How a bunch of Lehigh students haven't managed to destroy that yet is beyond me.

You don't risk the kind of "children of the corn" response that happens if you get caught. Besides, Lehigh students have better things to do like study.

Reactions: BFo8
Who cares?

WILL YOU STOP OBSESSING OVER PENN STATE.
yes, let us all get back to obsessing over a possible commit of a 16 year old 2 star cornerback in the 2019 class out of Kentucky...its February, if ya don't like silly PSU banter don't comment and save your caps lock key for something of football value in September...

They'll find them don't worry State College PD is on the job? haha
barney-fife.jpg

I was doing some PR work for a start up company in the area a while ago.

State College PD wasn't exactly state of the art policing.

"save a horse ride a cowboy"
Signed:Mrs Buffett
Go CSU Rams & PITT Panthers

Last edited:
I'm not obsessed with them. I just HATE them.

I really can't, because I'm a normal human being and I grew up with some people and I'm friends with people who are both Nitters and Hoopies and are good people, so I'm not idiotic enough to be into the obsessive hate of people just because of what university they went too. I root for their sports teams to lose, but otherwise, I am indifferent.

Reactions: PittSquared
yes, let us all get back to obsessing over a possible commit of a 16 year old 2 star cornerback in the 2019 class out of Kentucky...its February, if ya don't like silly PSU banter don't comment and save your caps lock key for something of football value in September...
I'd like to focus on the 4 star CBs, but based on our JR day, we may not have any other choice.

My bet is that a drunk student was climbing on it and doing something stupid and broke the ear, rather than vandalism by a PSU hater.

They'll find them don't worry State College PD is on the job? haha
barney-fife.jpg

I was doing some PR work for a start up company in the area a while ago.

State College PD wasn't exactly state of the art policing.

"save a horse ride a cowboy"
Signed:Mrs Buffett
Go CSU Rams & PITT Panthers
BUFFET thanks for getting Morgantown's own Don Knotts some well deserved PR here on the Lair!

Leave me guess. They will leave no stone un turned in the attempt to find the culprit that damaged the statue. But they took the word of Shultz, curley and spanier as to child molestation!

Because many of them are also penn state fans, my son is a Lehigh alum and a Penn State fan.

I love the terminology "the shrine" It seems fitting for a place where anything football is worshiped.

I did see a story where they have found the ear and fixed it. Whew....everything has a happy ending

I wonder if it was in the same place as the Paterno statue...

I really can't, because I'm a normal human being and I grew up with some people and I'm friends with people who are both Nitters and Hoopies and are good people, so I'm not idiotic enough to be into the obsessive hate of people just because of what university they went too. I root for their sports teams to lose, but otherwise, I am indifferent.

How big of you. Pat yourself on the back.

I prefer not to really deal much with a Cult that put hero worship in front of doing what is right. I don't really care much for a university that built, and promoted, their sterling reputation on a lie - Success With Honor - and looked down on, and continues to do so of people from schools not as wonderful as theirs.

I actually have less hatred for their football team, because players are players are players at just about every school, than I do for their fans who actually believed the crap many of us heard as kids:

If You Can't Go To College, Go To Pitt
If God Isn't A State Pen Fan Why Is The Sky Blue & White?

and the greatest one of all....

We Are......Because He Was.

F-That. F-those people who believe that garbage. They are no better than anyone else just because they had a great run with a football coach that they deified who turned out to be a fraud.

If that makes me idiotic, in your eyes, so be it. I'll take my college sports without their moral high-handed crap.

And just so you know, I am friends with plenty of Nitters, but I stick with sane Nitters, which all too often are in short supply.

Last edited:
Heard this morning that it was the 28th time the shrine was damaged since being erected.
They even keep records of that!
I wonder if the have a record of the number of times someone
urinated on that piece of crap!

I say Joe's statue is in Captain Sidney Reillys barn in Avella!The Captain got it off of Dave Joyner while he was Psu's AD.

Maybe to repair it, they took the nose from the Jopa statue?

And put one of these back on th JoPa statue noone would know the difference.
$(KGrHqZ,!ogFI(hOMJlmBSKZ,CCoJQ~~60_12.JPG

It's a perfect match with the brown high water pants?

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
Maybe the lion gave his ear to Mark Antony when he asked them to lend him their ears

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT