ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Super Bowl

Dr. von Yinzer

Chancellor
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2010
That's the biggest choke job I've ever seen in professional sports. It's definitely the biggest choke in the history of the Super Bowl.

Atlanta completely crumbled and that was amazing to watch.

The turnover totally changed the game and I will never understand why they were throwing the ball there in the first place? It was second-and-one and you're protecting a big fourth-quarter lead. The time is more important than the yards at that point. Another first down eats two minutes off the clock – minimum.

Basically, the only way you could lose at that point is by turning over the ball.

Then, they look like they're going to somehow survive it (after a miracle catch by Julio Jones) and again, instead of managing the game and kicking the field-goal, they try to throw the ball.

Why? Seriously, WTF?

A field goal there is the same as a touchdown. Both would eliminate New England.

Naturally, they get sacked and then they get a holding call, which takes them completely out of field-goal range. Suddenly, instead of just playing a prevent and choking the life out of them, you're giving the ball to Brady with three minutes left and a chance to tie the game - which of course he did, because he's Tom Brady.

I've never seen anything quite like that.

This is way worse than what Seattle did a few years ago – it's not even close. They made one bad decision and it bit them in the ass. This was about 15 atrocious decisions in a row. I've never seen a team work that hard to lose the Super Bowl.

Congratulations, I guess?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News