ADVERTISEMENT

OT: this is what makes football great

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Sunday morning sports viewing. Awesome.

League cup final in an hour. Can’t wait!!

My one and one only envy of soccer fans in this country. I’d really enjoy going to a pub on Sunday morning, drinking an ale and watching my team play in a bar with a few (and only a few)other die hard fans.

No joking, I would like that.

My one and one only envy of soccer fans in this country. I’d really enjoy going to a pub on Sunday morning, drinking an ale and watching my team play in a bar with a few (and only a few)other die hard fans.

No joking, I would like that.
As a Pittsburgh sports fan, and especially a Pitt fan, I’m happy that I have taken a liking to another sport and have become a fan of another team that I can follow essentially all year long. The soccer season never really ends and it helps fill a void left when all of my other teams seasons end.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
As a Pittsburgh sports fan, and especially a Pitt fan, I’m happy that I have taken a liking to another sport and have become a fan of another team that I can follow essentially all year long. The soccer season never really ends and it helps fill a void left when all of my other teams seasons end.
I need to force myself to become a soccer fan. I feel like the soccer fan culture and I would mix well. Plz don’t ask me to explain this comment, I can’t.

My little ones enjoy youth soccer. I need to get them to start watching it on tv and I can then become a fan.

I need to force myself to become a soccer fan. I feel like the soccer fan culture and I would mix well. Plz don’t ask me to explain this comment, I can’t.

My little ones enjoy youth soccer. I need to get them to start watching it on tv and I can then become a fan.
It don’t know. I know plenty of people who have given it a fair try but just can’t get into. I get that. To fully enjoy it, you probably have to become a fan of a team, and how do you do it when there’s no connection and 3000 miles apart? I likely took a liking because of my daughters.

But yet there’s guys like JJ Watt above who get it. But he has his soccer connection. His fiancé is a pro soccer player. I think TJ Watt is married or dating a soccer player too.

ohai9obrian1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT