ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What’s Good Now On TV?

Good news is those same folks who thought Harry Potter is satanic - can now approve since JK Rowling is bigoted enough now to approve of the books
(joke stolen from The Onion)
oh geez, i havent been up to date on jk rowlings. i thought she was a huge lib, what did she do to upset people? Bigoted? Not enough black wizards were allowed entry into Hogwarts?

I used to work in a movie theater when younger and occasionally someone would bring their infant or toddler into an R rated movie. Very disturbing.

I used to work in a movie theater when younger and occasionally someone would bring their infant or toddler into an R rated movie. Very disturbing.
no less disturbing than seeing a kids animated disney movie and having an adult come in with no kids.. happened to me once with a disney pixar movie with my little kids..

like seeing a guy without kids being a boy scout leader, immediate red flag goes up..

amish dont watch tv, they just outsource it too non - amish and mark it up 500% like they do with furniture..
The only difference between a Midwestern Amish woodshop and a normal woodshop is the length of the beards on the people operating $500,000 worth of machinery.

Reactions: JokePa
Infants don’t remember shit
Neither do toddlers
My son has a lock box memory - and he barely remembers anything about living in North Carolina - and he was 4 when we moved

no less disturbing than seeing a kids animated disney movie and having an adult come in with no kids.. happened to me once with a disney pixar movie with my little kids..

like seeing a guy without kids being a boy scout leader, immediate red flag goes up..
Adult Disney fanatics are a strange bunch to me .
I mean you can go to Europe or the Caribbean for the same price
Why keep going to the same place ?!?

oh geez, i havent been up to date on jk rowlings. i thought she was a huge lib, what did she do to upset people? Bigoted? Not enough black wizards were allowed entry into Hogwarts?
Turns out seems she is actually meant Slytherin to be the hero’s - not the villains
Pure bloods and all that

Turns out seems she is more sympathetic to Slytherin .
Pure bloods and all that
ok, whatever that means. assuming she doesnt like mixed races then? Weird.

at least this isnt some fabricated nonsense from libs about fully supporting drag queens or guys hanging out in girls bathrooms or something sickening like that..

i thought for a sec you were gonna pull that weird card on me..

ok, whatever that means. assuming she doesnt like mixed races then? Weird.

at least this isnt some fabricated nonsense from libs about fully supporting drag queens or guys hanging out in girls bathrooms or something sickening like that..

i thought for a sec you were gonna pull that weird card on me..
Speaking of fully fabricating an issue to be upset about

Adult Disney fanatics are a strange bunch to me .
I mean you can go to Europe or the Caribbean for the same price
Why keep going to the same place ?!?
lol, i agree. see videos of these large groups of families all going to disney together and shake my head. im not talking mom/dad and kids but mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, uncle, a few adult cousins and kids, all walking around disney together..

if i asked my mom or brother to come to disney world with me and my kids, my brother would punch me in the face and my mom would make up some excuse about how she is busy that day.. who in the hell goes to disney with their whole family tree?

only thing i can assume is they got a free or discounted family pass from the local unemployment office or boys club of America.

Last edited:
Speaking of fully fabricating an issue to be upset about
i agree, could you imagine being upset about a childrens' book author not having the same opinion on social matters as youand being so offended about it that you would go on social media and try and cancel her/him? Pretty silly thing to get upset about.

good thing you and I arent as crazy as others and above such nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: JokePa
Not as disturbing as Jerry Seinfeld making out in a theater playing Shindlers List.
I still watch reruns of Seinfeld.

Reactions: mike412
Not as disturbing as Jerry Seinfeld making out in a theater playing Shindlers List.
I still watch reruns of Seinfeld.
i just saw the office episode where they bring the two asian waitresses back to the christmas party and michael cant tell the difference between the two so he puts a mark on the one's arm, to identify her..

cant imagine that goes over so well now..

i just saw the office episode where they bring the two asian waitresses back to the christmas party and michael cant tell the difference between the two so he puts a mark on the one's arm, to identify her..

cant imagine that goes over so well now..
Why not?
It shows how stupid Michael is

I

Why not?
It shows how stupid Michael is

I
yeah, i mean the office made fun of such things, the PC culture in the office setting and it was easy to laugh at. i just think many people couldnt see it for what it is or laugh at it..

just my guess, who knows.

The issue with the last episode is that it didn't advance the story much. It was like a complete one off. I have zero problem with the gay relationship, but they made that episode simply to show a gay relationship. Replace it was a male and female couple and the same issue would exist. It was complete filler.
i just watched it over the weekend. I planned to wait until all the episodes dropped, but too many people have been talking about it so I jumped in. I'm all caught up now. Episodes 7 & 8 are as good as anything I've seen on TV in a long, long time. Up there with the best ever. Bella Ramsey is fantastic. She should be the clear odds on Emmy favorite.

Having said that I sort of agree and disagree with you at the same time on episode 4. Having never played the game, I thought at the time that somehow this will play a role later. I don't think that is the case (and please don't spoil it for me if it is). But even if it didn't advance the story much at all, outside of showing how Joel & Elle got supplies, it did add a layer of depth to the story. Showed that there were pockets of humanity left in the world of despair. Plus, it was great seeing Murray Bartlett from White Lotus in a totally different role.

yeah, i mean the office made fun of such things, the PC culture in the office setting and it was easy to laugh at. i just think many people couldnt see it for what it is or laugh at it..

just my guess, who knows.
While I consider myself fairly "woke" and don't view that a bad thing, I love characters like Michael Scott. And I love Archie Bunker. And i don't see anything wrong with Blazing Saddles. They expose things about our society that are important to expose. Racism exists. So what better way to expose racism for what it is then by making fools of those who are racist? That is what Michael Scott, Archie Bunker and Blazing Saddles do in my mind. They go further along in exposing the wrong. They don't glorify it.

While I consider myself fairly "woke" and don't view that a bad thing, I love characters like Michael Scott. And I love Archie Bunker. And i don't see anything wrong with Blazing Saddles. They expose things about our society that are important to expose. Racism exists. So what better way to expose racism for what it is then by making fools of those who are racist? That is what Michael Scott, Archie Bunker and Blazing Saddles do in my mind. They go further along in exposing the wrong. They don't glorify it.
you forgot Fred Sanford...

i just watched it over the weekend. I planned to wait until all the episodes dropped, but too many people have been talking about it so I jumped in. I'm all caught up now. Episodes 7 & 8 are as good as anything I've seen on TV in a long, long time. Up there with the best ever. Bella Ramsey is fantastic. She should be the clear odds on Emmy favorite.

Having said that I sort of agree and disagree with you at the same time on episode 4. Having never played the game, I thought at the time that somehow this will play a role later. I don't think that is the case (and please don't spoil it for me if it is). But even if it didn't advance the story much at all, outside of showing how Joel & Elle got supplies, it did add a layer of depth to the story. Showed that there were pockets of humanity left in the world of despair. Plus, it was great seeing Murray Bartlett from White Lotus in a totally different role.

Spoiler Alert for The White Lotus season 1...
I didn't realzie that was Murray Bartlett, but yes he was fantastic in The White Lotus. I wish the outomce of his character was different so that we could have him show up in season 3.

I'm watching mayor of kingston on paramount pretty good ,also I liked tulsa king with sly Stallone ,5th season of Yellowstone has been I feel a big disappointment

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I'm watching mayor of kingston on paramount pretty good ,also I liked tulsa king with sly Stallone ,5th season of Yellowstone has been I feel a big disappointment
I quit on the final season of Yellowstone after the first episode

Reactions: Ski11585
i agree, could you imagine being upset about a childrens' book author not having the same opinion on social matters as youand being so offended about it that you would go on social media and try and cancel her/him? Pretty silly thing to get upset about.

good thing you and I arent as crazy as others and above such nonsense.

ESPECIALLY when the issue is that one. Now the "social matter" issue of the Dilbert creator... hell yes, the guy is a legit whack job and should be cancelled. Saying a male who is 6'5" wanting to be an woman Olympic swimmer is rather debatable. She was not generalizing an entire group of people, generalizing their intelligence or personality, simply making an opinion on the subject.

I quit on the final season of Yellowstone after the first episode
i really really liked 1923. just hated 1883 even though i watched the whole damn thing. every freakin episode was more depressing than the one before until it finally ended in the most depressing way ever..

but 1923 was great IMO.. 1883 was just liked getting kicked in the nuts over and over and over again but harder every time..

i really really liked 1923. just hated 1883 even though i watched the whole damn thing. every freakin episode was more depressing than the one before until it finally ended in the most depressing way ever..

but 1923 was great IMO.. 1883 was just liked getting kicked in the nuts over and over and over again but harder every time..
And outside of Sam Elliot the acting was terrible

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof

I might have to give 1923 a shot. That has Harrison Ford in it right?

He's good in Shrinking series on Apple+ starring Jason Segal.

I might have to give 1923 a shot. That has Harrison Ford in it right?

He's good in Shrinking series on Apple+ starring Jason Segal.

Really? I have not seen Harrison Ford good in anything for at least 20 years.

Really? I have not seen Harrison Ford good in anything for at least 20 years.
i havent seen call of the wild. i did like 'The age of Adaline", good movie if it's on but nothing worth looking for and making a night out of it.. He was good in "42" but a small role as the owner of the dodgers.

i think im the only person on the planet that liked "6 days and 7 nights", anne heche was hot back then

Anyone watching Poker Face? I have just the season finale to watch. Episode 9 was fantastic. They have some huge stars in every episode.

Just started Perry Mason on HBOMax. So far (3 episodes) and it hasn't really grabbed me yet. I'm going to give it a couple more before I ditch it.

Recently watched Sharp Objects on HBO. It was OK, but had a lot of things happen that didn't make much sense at all. The acting was great. And the base story was also pretty good. Just too much going on that really didn't advance the plot. And the surprise in the last episode wasn't much of a surprise and didn't have nearly enough time devoted to it.

I’m watching Season 12 of “Vera” which is new on AppleTV if you have a Brit Box/Acorn subscription. Will interrupt it on Wednesday to catch the premiere of the new season of “Ted Lasso,” but if you like detective shows “Vera” is about as good as TV now gets.

For any “Shetland” watchers out there, both are based on characters created by Ann Cleeves. Vera stars Brenda Blythe as the Newcastle detective with the Geordie (Yorkshire) accent solving murders with the help of her 4-person team. Each show is about 90 minutes. Superb TV.

My luck with VPNs in Barcelona is a mixed bag so far. Netflix is no problem because it is a worldwide service. Prime Video has been a mess. Sometimes I get the “traveling abroad” and restrictive programming; sometimes I get regular programming and sometimes I get a black screen. Hulu, which is supposed to be very difficult to beat with a VPN has been no problem so far. ESPN+ has proved impossible to beat. Apple TV and Disney are no problem and I think don’t block foreign traffic at all. You Tube also is international.

ADVERTISEMENT