ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What’s Good Now On TV?

Ok you’re going to have to back that one up. How exactly is that weird? It’s 2023, theaters are struggling. It’s not 1935 where I have to go to the theater to see a film. I can wait.
Because a movie theater is superior in screen and sound quality .
It’s part of the experience .

How about this one Dill from
The crying game. Outstanding movie but I wasn't ready for the scene they called the greatest secret. That scene was about 30 yrs before it's time.
The Kink’s Lola was 30 years before that

It always makes me laugh that folks get upset like it’s a new phenomenon
Literally as long as there have been people there have been folks who are more comfortable in another gender’s clothes

The issue with the last episode is that it didn't advance the story much. It was like a complete one off. I have zero problem with the gay relationship, but they made that episode simply to show a gay relationship. Replace it was a male and female couple and the same issue would exist. It was complete filler.

The issue with the last episode is that it didn't advance the story much. It was like a complete one off. I have zero problem with the gay relationship, but they made that episode simply to show a gay relationship. Replace it was a male and female couple and the same issue would exist. It was complete filler.
The story is filled with so much heartache (wait until season 2) that you need moments like this to remind people of humanity. Yes Joel and ellie will develop a true relationship based upon love but the story is filled with so much violence I think the story needs small moments like this to center it.

That said we are 1/3 of the way through the tvs first season and there is a ton of source material to cram in these last few episodes. One good thing is the showrunners think last of us part 2 will require more than one season on hbo.

The story is filled with so much heartache (wait until season 2) that you need moments like this to remind people of humanity. Yes Joel and ellie will develop a true relationship based upon love but the story is filled with so much violence I think the story needs small moments like this to center it.

That said we are 1/3 of the way through the tvs first season and there is a ton of source material to cram in these last few episodes. One good thing is the showrunners think last of us part 2 will require more than one season on hbo.

I would have had

That way that story could have continued somewhat.

Spoiler text not working, so I'l' just say I would not have made that episode a total one off.

It's a couple of years old now, but Mare of Eastown on HBO is phenomenal. About a detective in a small PA town closer to Philly.

Reactions: ratking17
for any of you with jr high kids, Outer banks S 3 starts thursday. i watched it with my kids and they liked it.. i dont recommend it if you dont have kids though, like teenage aged kids, not small kids..

It didn't advance the overall plot that much other than filling how the main characters would suddenly have a lot of resources at their disposal. I did enjoy the episode. Thought it was pretty well done.

as is mine.. locke and key is another good one, my younger son likes it.. not sure if they are making another season though..
I don't know much about the show. Probably makes me a bad parent for not worrying too much about what my kid is watching but she's pretty mature for fourteen. I remember the horror of several family members and parents of her friends when I let her watch the Simpson's movie with me. She was 12.

I don't know much about the show. Probably makes me a bad parent for not worrying too much about what my kid is watching but she's pretty mature for fourteen. I remember the horror of several family members and parents of her friends when I let her watch the Simpson's movie with me. She was 12.
my daughter started watching Season 1 and 2 of "you." Im far from an over-protective parent but i was like "No way are you watching that." of course she still did im sure. way too much SSC in that one..

nothing too worry about with that. magic keys in an old house fighting ghosts.. my little man who was 10 at the time enjoyed it as i did with him.

nothing too worry about with that. magic keys in an old house fighting ghosts.. my little man who was 10 at the time enjoyed it as i did with him.
It's not often she sits and watches a movie or a show. I find her generation's taste in entertainment interesting in that she seems to prefer shorter bursts of entertainment.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
It's not often she sits and watches a movie or a show. I find her generation's taste in entertainment interesting in that she seems to prefer shorter bursts of entertainment.
i miss when she was younger and watched the disney shows that werent terrible. the thundermans, henry danger, Victorious, nicky, ricky and whatever.. they all had super hot moms.

Reactions: pittdan77
Only Murders in the Building on Hulu is really good. Steve Martin, Martin Short, Selena Gomez. 2 seasons completed and third season coming in August. It's addictive.
It’s very good particularly if you understand the true crime podcast genre

14 years olds shouldn’t be censored from much
I mean the Simpson’s movie is pg-13 which hell my son has been watching for years -
He’s currently 10
Plenty of his classmates watch R horror movies
Kids don’t break

i miss when she was younger and watched the disney shows that werent terrible. the thundermans, henry danger, Victorious, nicky, ricky and whatever.. they all had super hot moms.
Those shows are unwatchable
I’d make my kid turn them off
He loves Brooklyn 99 , parks and Rec, and The office

Those shows are unwatchable
I’d make my kid turn them off
He loves Brooklyn 99 , parks and Rec, and The office
well she was 8 years old so the options werent exactly abundant.. most 8 year old girls dont get the michael scott humor i guess.

never got into parks and rec but i like the other 2.. brooklyn 99 is really funny, surprised it doesnt do better

Parks and Rec and the Office are bad shows. You’re better off watching PBS kids all day.

I mean the Simpson’s movie is pg-13 which hell my son has been watching for years -
He’s currently 10
Kids don’t break
my kid saw the movie smile, some dumb movie i guess where people are just killing themselves. one scene got my kid a bit upset.. i said "yep, that's part of growing up i guess."

every kid on the planet saw an R rated movie and one scene or another gets you upset, it's called childhood. Im still disturbed from a few scenes in the Exorcist when i watched it as a kid.. and look how i turned out.

just part of growing up.. watch a scary scene as a kid, sh*t yourself for a few days/months and eventually you'll realize their isnt a possessed girl in a nightgown under your bed waiting to grab your ankle and kill you when you get out of bed..

Last edited:
He’s currently 10
Kids don’t break
She was 10 or 12 when she first saw it. For context, I live in an area that thinks the Simpsons are generally pretty evil for some reason. I'm constantly surprised by how sheltered some of her classmates are.

She was 10 or 12 when she first saw it. For context, I live in an area that thinks the Simpsons are generally pretty evil for some reason. I'm constantly surprised by how sheltered some of her classmates are.
I was not allowed to watch the Simpsons until I was 16 or so because "they make fun of the church" but grew up on every violent action/horror movie you could imagine.

I was not allowed to watch the Simpsons until I was 16 or so because "they make fun of the church" but grew up on every violent action/horror movie you could imagine.
man, i never felt like the simpsons was bad at all. kind of vanilla. family guy gets a bit raunchy in some episodes i guess..

-Clarkson's Farm season 2 is out on Amazon and it pretty good if you're into the former Top Gear bunch.
-The New 30 for 30 about the 2000 Baltimore Ravens is pretty good.
-It's not new, but I watched The Report with Adam Driver again recently and it still amazes me who was in charge of our interrogation program.

So you’re Amish ?

man, i never felt like the simpsons was bad at all. kind of vanilla. family guy gets a bit raunchy in some episodes i guess..
Yeah family guy and South Park are closer to inappropriate .
Of course only reason my son hasn’t watched Deadpool is because my wife drew the line there
“She said go ahead - but you explain the pegging scene to him”

Yeah family guy and South Park are closer to inappropriate .
Of course only reason my son hasn’t watched Deadpool is because my wife drew the line there
“She said go ahead - but you explain the pegging scene to him”
lol. Hilarious, i literally laughed... yes, the "ladies day scene" was def a tad much for kids..

Yes, Deadpool is pretty raunchy for little kids.. man, i havent watched south park for ages, thought it was ok back in the day. still a fan of family guy..

amish dont watch tv, they just outsource it too non - amish and mark it up 500% like they do with furniture..
Good news is those same folks who thought Harry Potter is satanic - can now approve since JK Rowling is bigoted enough now to approve of the books
(joke stolen from The Onion)

I was surprised by how good 'The Rental' was on Netflix. Dave Franco directed it and not a bad thriller.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT