ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Who will succeed Art Rooney II as Steelers owner?

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
Today, the Detroit Lions announced that Sheila Ford will step down and pass the team down to her daughter, Martha. Apparently this contingency plan had been in place for a while in the case something happened to the elder.

Do the Steelers have such a plan in place for who will succeed Art Rooney II if, God forbid, something happens to him? Would it be someone older like Jim Rooney or Art Rooney Dr. or would it be someone younger such as Dan Rooney Jr., who is actually on the staff right now as a college scout?

Great question. I have assumed there is someone younger waiting in the wings. Dan Rooney Jr. sounds like a candidate and cutting his teeth in scouting sounds like a good way to groom him.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Great question. I have assumed there is someone younger waiting in the wings. Dan Rooney Jr. sounds like a candidate and cutting his teeth in scouting sounds like a good way to groom him.
IIRC, didn’t Dan and Art both get their start in the scouting department? And Dan Jr. (or I guess the 2nd) is like 30 something, so he’d be in charge for a while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT