ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wonder why the Steelers struggled today?

Because the owners are the liberal looney Rooney's and the coach is Tomlin who was hired and buys into their nonsense!
No blacks should be coaches. Why don't you just come out and say it. Guys like you are why the Rooney Rule was put in, which by the way doesn't require teams to hire black coaches, but is just meant to at least get them in the mix. In your world Tony Dungy would never have gotten a job.

Last edited:
That just about every team would hire in a minute if he became available . Why are the Steelers always one of the best teams in the league when their coach is a “clown “ and a “bad coach “ . Really .
For comparison, look at the Saints. They're also 7-2 this year, but coming off of 3 consecutive losing seasons, despite having a stud qb that is generally regarded as being better than Ben. Like the Rooneys, the Saints were smart enough not to panic, and dump a good coach, and it's paying off this year. Those of you who long for the days of an overseer cracking the whip, and keeping the servants in line, will be waiting a long time. In these days of free agency, players won't go to teams that have that sort of approach, and that's true in all sports, even hockey. Ask Michel Terrien

Reactions: PittPanther44
Oh I agree with your first sentence disagree with the second. Why does the NFL even have a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct? If these constant celebrations/taunting aren't unsportsmanlike then what is?
I dont mind the celebrating, keep it to a time limit -- taunting shouldnt be tolerated and should be fined/suspended. Honestly, and I dont know when this happened, but the NHL and MLB has surpassed the NfL and NBA for me. Cllege football and basketball are still tops for me, but MLB postseason was fantastic this year. I cant stand NBA basketball, I try watching and I feel like I'm watching pickup basketball. It's like certain players have a green light to score from opposing defenses. With the NFL, it seems like such a watered-down league. AS of this morning, the AFC only had 6 teams with winning records. A third of the league has 3 wins or less. The ratings are down, guess you got to entertain the fans with celebration antics when the product is suffering.

The only thing I enjoy more than the end zone dances are when they kneel during the flag.
Do they even kneel during the flag or no?
I don't even know.
Lots of Super Bowls though. That's all that matters.
People who don't like it can go cheer for Grove City.

Look who the Steelers have played? Their division is a joke, and they lost to the couple of good teams they played.

They will get taken apart in the playoffs!

Mrs Buffett and I are Steelers fans but not Tomlin or Rooney Fans.The team is suffering from the TomlinRooney Sydrome.

do you mean like the KC Chiefs on the road? That was the # 1 team in NFL at the time.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Hey, my tax dollars paid for 0.00001% of the stadium costs so what are all these "thugs" doing on my lawn? They weren't even drinking from their assigned water fountain either.

I don't know what it is, but something about Bell, Brown, Tomlin, our d-backs, Heyward, and Shazier that I don't like. But I think that Ben, Jesse James, T.J. Watt, Mcdonald, and Chickillo are all stand up members of society. I can't quite put my finger on what could be separating these groups.

Now me and Mrs. Xenophobe have spent tons of money, like so much money you guys, on sports but the NFL will not be getting a dime of it from now on. All of my friends that attend our weekly rally in the woods also feel the same way. So expect the entire league to go under shortly.

Wait, what's that? NFL revenue increased by 6.5% last year despite television ratings dropping, must be fake news. Now let me tell you my feelings on why the NBA is terrible, but college basketball is great because the players don't get paid.

The only thing I slightly have a problem with is some of the celebrations are so choreographed that I just wonder how much time they spent thinking and planning it. All the things you have to do throughout the week to get prepared for a football game and you really still sit there and think about what you're gonna do in the end zone?

So what, they should spend 8 hours a night sleeping and the other 16 hours of the day practicing and getting ready for the following week's game? You don't think that they have even like ten minutes during the course of the week to think about some goofy touchdown celebration?

So what, they should spend 8 hours a night sleeping and the other 16 hours of the day practicing and getting ready for the following week's game? You don't think that they have even like ten minutes during the course of the week to think about some goofy touchdown celebration?
10 minutes working on that inevitable holiday video...

Hey that redneck Veterans Day boycott worked out great today, didn't it.
All that matters in Yinzerville is the Steelers won.
Doesn't matter in Yinzerville if every homeless vet in the tri-county area died homeless on the road as long as the Steelers won.
Picture if Roethlisberger died tomorrow in some freak accident. It would be treated like the crucifixion by Pontius Pilot. People crying everywhere, thanking him for memories...you name it.
Meanwhile a few vets die every day and none of those Yinzers give a shit.

It’s simple, Tomlin is a bad coach, he loses or has close games against teams they are favored against. 63 % losses when they are favored, that my friends is coaching pure and simple

Yep. If the Steelers had a better coach they would be 11-0 and they wouldn’t have to put tarps in the upper decks to cover all the ugly yellow seats in Heinz Field.

Pittiot.

With everything else going on the endzone stuff is childish but I doubt it impacts performance!

But this does! If you're not a team, you're not a team! The Steelers aren't a team and I will bet this is Ben's last year with the Steelers!

Some of the Steeler players dislike eachother. Other Steeler players dislike the HC and the OC!

Most of the team has little interest in this season!

They're making their money so when its over its over! The sooner the better as far as some of them are concerned!
The weird thing is, on the McDonald touchdown, I saw somebody do something I haven't seen after a TD for quite awhile.Somebody spiking the ball.It used to be so common place in the 70's and 80's in the NFL.

The weird thing is, on the McDonald touchdown, I saw somebody do something I haven't seen after a TD for quite awhile.Somebody spiking the ball.It used to be so common place in the 70's and 80's in the NFL.

Funny, the td with no celebration caused them to call a timeout because the play clock, then got a delay of game after the timeout! Maybe they should have stayed on schedule with a dance?

Lotta angry jealous Pitt fans here. Enjoy championships from leadership that pushes all in for trophies (Penguins and Steelers) instead of looking for a nice event to take the kids to while their leadership (Pitt and Pirates) pinch pennies.

That’s Gronk’s move, assumed that’s who he was emulating.

It’s simple, Tomlin is a bad coach, he loses or has close games against teams they are favored against. 63 % losses when they are favored, that my friends is coaching pure and simple

Just this year the Steelers have been favored in every game other than at KC. Their record in games they are favored is 6-2, for a 75% win percentage. I could look up the other Tomlin years and it’s not going to be all that much different than that.

I’m guessing you heard or read something and got confused about what it meant.

Just this year the Steelers have been favored in every game other than at KC. Their record in games they are favored is 6-2, for a 75% win percentage. I could look up the other Tomlin years and it’s not going to be all that much different than that.

I’m guessing you heard or read something and got confused about what it meant.
I have no idea where he got those stats from, it doesn't even make sense.

Through 2016
Tomlin's Steelers have been the favorite 140 out of 160 games. I don't have the stats for this, but it is very, very likely that Tomlin's 88% favorite rate is 2nd only to Belichick.

Tomlin has won 75% of the games he has been the favorite

Last year the Steelers were favored in 15 out of 16 regular season games. They won 11 of them, are we really demanding 15 wins per season for him to be a good coach?

But, Tomlin isn't great on the road when a favorite, he only wins about 60% of those games and 63% (out of 8 games) when favored by 10+ points.

This is worth repeating......
This thread is an epic fail.
....mostly because winning in the NFL is hard, particularly on the road, that is why it was so hugely popular, until, much like this thread people interjected some absurd political reasons into the equation.

The very best TD celebration is Larry Fitzgerald’s. Hand the ball to the ref and act like you’ve been there.
speaking of Larry Fitzgerald, I was channel surfing and accidentally came upon the NFL network and in a borderline breaking of my personal boycott against those that chose not to honor my and their country when simply and politely asked to do so, I came across a "football life" episode featuring him. I think it was new. Interesting cat Larry is. It is really worth a watch. Also, he wore a crappy old dino cat Pitt shirt the whole episode during the interview portion which was kind of cool.

here it is in case anyone has an hour on their hands...

http://www.azcardinals.com/videos/v...tzgerald/228fbda5-49f3-4d84-b2ca-cab30db09728

Last edited:
They struggled because ben can’t make the throws anymore.

That’s it, that’s the list.

You're right he's about 70% of what he was. He's getting older and disinterested.

Ben was considering retirement during the off season, after the "terrible" Bears game he mentioned to the media maybe I shouldn't come back.

It's apparent he doesn't like his OC or HC, the protests, the nonsense going on in the locker room and some of his teamates.

This should be his last season!

You're right he's about 70% of what he was. He's getting older and disinterested.

Ben was considering retirement during the off season, after the "terrible" Bears game he mentioned to the media maybe I shouldn't come back.

It's apparent he doesn't like his OC or HC, the protests, the nonsense going on in the locker room and some of his teamates.

This should be his last season!
He can’t physically make the throws.
Is 100% it.

The rest is injecting your own bias.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I dont mind the celebrating, keep it to a time limit -- taunting shouldnt be tolerated and should be fined/suspended. Honestly, and I dont know when this happened, but the NHL and MLB has surpassed the NfL and NBA for me. Cllege football and basketball are still tops for me, but MLB postseason was fantastic this year. I cant stand NBA basketball, I try watching and I feel like I'm watching pickup basketball. It's like certain players have a green light to score from opposing defenses. With the NFL, it seems like such a watered-down league. AS of this morning, the AFC only had 6 teams with winning records. A third of the league has 3 wins or less. The ratings are down, guess you got to entertain the fans with celebration antics when the product is suffering.

Could it be possible that those “certain guys” are amazingly gifted basketball players and that it’s incredibly hard to defend them?

This is worth repeating......

....mostly because winning in the NFL is hard, particularly on the road, that is why it was so hugely popular, until, much like this thread people interjected some absurd political reasons into the equation.

Actually it was the players themselves who interjected politics into the NFL. Not that I have a problem with them doing so, but I feel they did it in an absurd way that was guaranteed to piss off people and even if they did not I still to this day do not know what their end game was.

Actually it was the players themselves who interjected politics into the NFL. Not that I have a problem with them doing so, but I feel they did it in an absurd way that was guaranteed to piss off people and even if they did not I still to this day do not know what their end game was.

The sad part is the players dont know that their end game is either! Most have no idea what their protesting!

Fine with me keep it up as attendance, viewership, and merchandise sales dive!

They were again used as pawns to further other groups view of America and the police.

Most weren't able to figure that one out!

This thread is more about these moronic players and their need to showboat at ALL TIMES rather than a referendum on Mike Tomlin. Except for New England I guess none of these coaches have any control over these players so it is wrong for anyone to signal Tomlin out, I only brought this up because I really only care about what the Steelers are doing.

I think there's a few important things to remember here:

1) They're the best team in the AFC
2) Your old disgusting honkey wives want their black dicks but they'd never bother with a gross yinzer hag like that
3) When they score, you refer to them as "us" like you're on the team

LOL
NE is going to clean Fathead Ben's clock! Frickin spineless galoot won't even run a sneak. 20 points per game...that's what teams scored in the 50's....near the bottom of the league in nearly every offensive category....Fathead, the legend.

I didn't like Antonio Brown coming up with a case of "alligator arms" on that long pass that Ben threw to him in the first half.

I think it is obvious that the QB and the OC is not on the same page.

The number of Super Bowls played in by the QB? 3
The number of Super Bowls played in and won by the QB? 2
The number of Super Bowls this QB played in or won with the current Offensive Coordinator? ZERO.

Haley needs to go back to coaching golf at Upper St Clair.

That's cause he was an old school white dude and couldn't dance enough to have an end zone celebration.

Ahem...sarcasm.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
I dont mind the celebrating, keep it to a time limit -... I agree. I believe it is called the play clock but it seems overlooked for this. Not sure why it goes out the window while Don Cornelius is announcing the dance line. Dance away, but score ends the play and 40 second clock begins at that point..

Reactions: pittman71
I dont mind the celebrating, keep it to a time limit -... I agree. I believe it is called the play clock but it seems overlooked for this. Not sure why it goes out the window while Don Cornelius is announcing the dance line. Dance away, but score ends the play and 40 second clock begins at that point..
I don't think the play clock starts at the end of the play after a TD anymore, it get's a quick look by the replay officials even if it's an obvious score, that opens up 15 to 30 seconds of time before the play clock starts ticking.

The NFL allowed the celebrations again because NFL games are BORING, they have been for about 10 years they need something to keep people watching Jacksonville vs. Cleveland.

Also, the best/craziest TD celebration wasn't even in the NFL yesterday.
https://deadspin.com/cfl-team-raises-bar-for-touchdown-celebrations-1820376929

Maybe the NFL should just become the WWE and get it over with.

I am not a fan of the celebrations, but sports is entertainment, nothing more. Nothin wrong with guys having fun and entertaining their fans.

They are obviously spending a lot of time thinking up this stuff and practicing it. Maybe they should practice football a little more and not worry about what they are going to do as they approach the end zone. If you are thinking of your celebrations, you are thinking less about your job.

The only thing I slightly have a problem with is some of the celebrations are so choreographed that I just wonder how much time they spent thinking and planning it. All the things you have to do throughout the week to get prepared for a football game and you really still sit there and think about what you're gonna do in the end zone?

I don't have a problem with the celebrations at all. I just think it speaks volumes about where your mind is if that is something you think so much about every single week.

Reactions: Pittx9
I don't think the play clock starts at the end of the play after a TD anymore, it get's a quick look by the replay officials even if it's an obvious score, that opens up 15 to 30 seconds of time before the play clock starts ticking.

The NFL allowed the celebrations again because NFL games are BORING, they have been for about 10 years they need something to keep people watching Jacksonville vs. Cleveland.

Also, the best/craziest TD celebration wasn't even in the NFL yesterday.
https://deadspin.com/cfl-team-raises-bar-for-touchdown-celebrations-1820376929
have not been able to find that rule anywhere...as far as I know a scoring play is not different than any other in regards to play clock (rulewise yes, practice wise I guess not so much). If the replay booth has any question at all they will buzz down for play clock to stop for review. I find it hard to believe that a choreographed rendition of the beginning of the second act of Hamilton by the receiving corps after a standard first down play would not result in a delay of game penalty but yet there seems to be plenty of time after a td....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT