ADVERTISEMENT

OT: XFL is back

No, I think the point is that most conservatives are white. Most (not all) people have some racial views/opinions. Being that most football fans are white, this is the reason it would appeal to "conservatives" because any player who is doing things they dont like will get booted. And most players that do things they dont like are black. I would guess that most NFL arrests are from black players. The white audience would be more accepting of the arrests if most of the arrests were white players.

It is funny how its the usuals from the other board who disagree with me.

Listen, Vince has an agenda. He is going after a white audience alienated by the antics of black players. This is exactly what I said a month ago and as usual I was right.

Listen, Vince has an agenda. He is going after a white audience alienated by the antics of black players. This is exactly what I said a month ago and as usual I was right.
Funny. Guys I've never seen on the other board are calling you racist here.

And leave it to you to bring race into it, simply because Vince said no criminals and no politics.

Reactions: paulbl99 and omega

Funny. Guys I've never seen on the other board are calling you racist here.

And leave it to you to bring race into it, simply because Vince said no criminals and no politics.

Mrs. McMahon is on Trump's cabinet....runs the SBA. Birds of a feather

Not a protected class. He has the right to hire who he wants. But I was countering your "how come leftists are now in the group that defends CRIMINALS IN SPORTS NOW?" thing. There has never been a sports league I can think of that had a blanket ban on anyone with a criminal record.

And obviously not all crimes are equal. Someone like Ray Rice I would not put in the same class as someone who was arrested for peacefully smoking a joint in a park.
VKM said players with DUI's not welcome.

Tyler Boyd, by all accounts is a real good dude. But if he gets cut, he cant play in the XFL. I mean, Vince's call, but its pretty stupid in my opinion

No, I think the point is that most conservatives are white. Most (not all) people have some racial views/opinions. Being that most football fans are white, this is the reason it would appeal to "conservatives" because any player who is doing things they dont like will get booted. And most players that do things they dont like are black. I would guess that most NFL arrests are from black players. The white audience would be more accepting of the arrests if most of the arrests were white players.

That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever read on this board, and that is saying something.

Few things Vince could do: no replay at all, sell ads on uniforms and have sponsorships below scoreboard during play (like soccer does). Limit commercial breaks to end of quarters and halftime only. Numerous commercial breaks turn off viewers 25 and younger (literally).

I don’t pay attention to you on the other board because of your same antics. A lot of good black guys play football. William Gay and DeAngelo Williams immediately come to mind. I doubt too many white guys would be upset if those two played in the XFL.

Warrick Dunn used to buy houses for single black mothers. He could come out of retirement without issue. The list goes on. It’s not tough to judge people based on character.

You’re constant harping about racist whites this and whites that is some old Stuff dude.
Read this thread there’s more than one tired of your crap.

SeanMillerFan, I found a date for you:

rkeNL2jvHM.jpg

Its going to be what I said. Geared to conservatives. Not a bad idea considering how unhappy some are with the NFL right now.

McMahon will be the sole funding source and won't have to answer to anyone. As the owner of all the teams, he makes the rules. He said no political statements, players will stand for the anthem, and no players with criminal records.

You want to play? Its conservatives' way or the highway. I really think this is a smart move. Another great idea by SMF. Vince must read this board.

The league will start in 2020 around the time we may have a new President. The games could be played on the new Trump TV Network. Fox News can hype up the games. Hannity as the pregame host. Roy Moore as a sideline reporter. I honestly think the timing is perfect for this.

It will fail, but....

I don't care at all about honoring the troops and anthems and that CRAP. But he also said he plans to have it fit into 2 hours and have less rules, less stoppages, faster pace-he even said LESS COMMERCIALS. That sounds attractive to me. If they have no replay, that alone might make me a big supporter! He says he wants to ask the fans what they want, if he has a survey or a page where you can speak out, I'll give my thoughts about a fast game with no stoppages and almost no rules.

I don’t pay attention to you on the other board because of your same antics. A lot of good black guys play football. William Gay and DeAngelo Williams immediately come to mind. I doubt too many white guys would be upset if those two played in the XFL.

Warrick Dunn used to buy houses for single black mothers. He could come out of retirement without issue. The list goes on. It’s not tough to judge people based on character.

No doubt. But the narrative will be the NFL is a liberal league played by a bunch of criminals and showboats who disrespect America. The XFL will employ great citizens, do not showboat, and love America. The football will suck but these are good people, so watch.

vince is an egomaniac that just can't accept he failed with the xfl back in 2001

nobody wants to watch NFL rejects and the idiots claiming they stopped watching because of the anthem won't watch this either

Reactions: BPKY
Its going to be what I said. Geared to conservatives. Not a bad idea considering how unhappy some are with the NFL right now.

McMahon will be the sole funding source and won't have to answer to anyone. As the owner of all the teams, he makes the rules. He said no political statements, players will stand for the anthem, and no players with criminal records.

You want to play? Its conservatives' way or the highway. I really think this is a smart move. Another great idea by SMF. Vince must read this board.

The league will start in 2020 around the time we may have a new President. The games could be played on the new Trump TV Network. Fox News can hype up the games. Hannity as the pregame host. Roy Moore as a sideline reporter. I honestly think the timing is perfect for this.

It will fail, but....

I don't care at all about honoring the troops and anthems and that CRAP. But he also said he plans to have it fit into 2 hours and have less rules, less stoppages, faster pace-he even said LESS COMMERCIALS. That sounds attractive to me. If they have no replay, that alone might make me a big supporter! He says he wants to ask the fans what they want, if he has a survey or a page where you can speak out, I'll give my thoughts about a fast game with no stoppages and almost no rules.

I'd be for:

30 seconds between plays. Whistle blows at the end of the play, you have 30 seconds to snap

- no punting, no field goals. You have 4 downs to get 10 yards. No extra points. Game is who scores the most TD's. You can score by 1's instead of 6's.

- clock runs on incomplete passes

It should be 2 way FB w limited substitution on change of position, maybe one sub per play

And make it a fast fast game

Few things Vince could do: no replay at all, sell ads on uniforms and have sponsorships below scoreboard during play (like soccer does). Limit commercial breaks to end of quarters and halftime only. Numerous commercial breaks turn off viewers 25 and younger (literally).
NO REPLAY AT ALL
NO REPLAY AT ALL
NO REPLAY AT ALL
NO REPLAY AT ALL
NO REPLAY AT ALL

I'm excited already!

Also, instruct the refs to call very few penalties!

Catch =judgment call, don't need to "survive the ground", one foot in bounds, just hold it for one second

No formation penalties ever, other than having to have 5 O Linemen, CFL Motion Rules

I'd be for:

30 seconds between plays. Whistle blows at the end of the play, you have 30 seconds to snap

- no punting, no field goals. You have 4 downs to get 10 yards. No extra points. Game is who scores the most TD's. You can score by 1's instead of 6's.

- clock runs on incomplete passes

25 second play clock, no coaches in the booth, no radios in the helmets, QBs and MLBs must be the play callers, no technology, no iPads etc. on the sidelines.

And you have to have no penalties for celebrations or taunting either, add that stuff and you ruin a good idea

And you have to have no penalties for celebrations or taunting either, add that stuff and you ruin a good idea

I know you are big into that but you must admit there has to be lines that do not get crossed or it just becomes a parody of itself.

My dear lord this is the most awful thing I've ever read. We still have such a long way to go as a people as evidenced by SMF's remarks above. As a white man and a conservative, I'm embarrassed.

He’s gojng to try like hell. As a wrestling fan for 30 years, I believe this is going to be Mcmahon’s Last hoorah. Right now his critics can claim his only success was a company that has been handed to him. i think that ticks him off and he wants to prove them wrong.

For those who don’t know, he had a body building venture and a supplement regimen (Icopro) that both failed miserably like the XFL did the first time. His reincarnation of ECW tanked too.

My dear lord this is the most awful thing I've ever read. We still have such a long way to go as a people as evidenced by SMF's remarks above. As a white man and a conservative, I'm embarrassed.

If you don't read the Locker Room board, you wouldn't understand my posts here. I am called a liberal on that board though I consider myself center-left (but definitely far from conservative). Although I think a football league marketed to conservatives upset with the NFL is a great business idea, I am in no way saying that I agree with it from a human standpoint as I believe that although it would not project this outwardly, the no criminal records, no kneeling has racial undertones. They can hind behind having players of great character and patriotism, but the underlying reasons for this are racial whether you want to believe it or not.

What McMahon is probably going to do is exploit the fact the country has been divided along political/racial lines and play to an audience. Polticizing football for financial gain. Vince McMahon and the WWE have long been labeled as racist. Having a little knowledge of this, I pretty much called this back when the XFL reboot was rumored.

Here's an SI article which pretty much says what I'm saying this new XFL is, that I agree with from a business standpoint but not a human standpoint.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/nfl/2018/01/25/xfl-vince-mcmahon-announcement-football-league

Last edited:

I guarantee they will not allow celebrations. The audience they will play to do not like seeing that stuff.

He’s gojng to try like hell. As a wrestling fan for 30 years, I believe this is going to be Mcmahon’s Last hoorah. Right now his critics can claim his only success was a company that has been handed to him. i think that ticks him off and he wants to prove them wrong.

For those who don’t know, he had a body building venture and a supplement regimen (Icopro) that both failed miserably like the XFL did the first time. His reincarnation of ECW tanked too.

nobody should criticize him for inheriting wwf because he made it huge, not his dad

bodybuilding is a small sub culture so nobody remembers or cares about his failed bodybuilding federation, everybody remembers the failed xfl and his ego just can't take it

nobody should criticize him for inheriting wwf because he made it huge, not his dad

bodybuilding is a small sub culture so nobody remembers or cares about his failed bodybuilding federation, everybody remembers the failed xfl and his ego just can't take it
That’s right Brotein Shake.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

You’re right. They shouldn’t but they do.

If you don't read the Locker Room board, you wouldn't understand my posts here. I am called a liberal on that board though I consider myself center-left (but definitely far from conservative). Although I think a football league marketed to conservatives upset with the NFL is a great business idea, I am in no way saying that I agree with it from a human standpoint as I believe that although it would not project this outwardly, the no criminal records, no kneeling has racial undertones. They can hind behind having players of great character and patriotism, but the underlying reasons for this are racial whether you want to believe it or not.

What McMahon is probably going to do is exploit the fact the country has been divided along political/racial lines and play to an audience. Polticizing football for financial gain. Vince McMahon and the WWE have long been labeled as racist. Having a little knowledge of this, I pretty much called this back when the XFL reboot was rumored.

Here's an SI article which pretty much says what I'm saying this new XFL is, that I agree with from a business standpoint but not a human standpoint.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/nfl/2018/01/25/xfl-vince-mcmahon-announcement-football-league

This is correct but it’s also a far cry from claiming people will watch because they don’t like the black folk.

Political nonsense and grandstanding aside the NFL is a boring product. There’s relatively little defense, QB play gets worse every year outside of the marquee guys, catches are no longer catches, one guy determines the outcome of all reviewed play and unless you’re New England there is a flag more often than not.

People will tune in because they want an alternative to a mediocre product at this point. Ultimately this is Godell’s fault more than anyone else’s and if it were a guy that wasn’t associated with Trump launching the concept people would be eagerly anticipating the opening kickoff.

Personally, I stopped watching the NFL a couple of years ago because the product wasn't entertaining. Throw in the douchebags like Ben, Pouncey, etc F'em.

vince is an egomaniac that just can't accept he failed with the xfl back in 2001

nobody wants to watch NFL rejects and the idiots claiming they stopped watching because of the anthem won't watch this either

I know you are big into that but you must admit there has to be lines that do not get crossed or it just becomes a parody of itself.
Enforce the strict 25 second play clock, there will be little time for over the top celebrating or taunting.

I guarantee they will not allow celebrations. The audience they will play to do not like seeing that stuff.
Not sure about this? I think that would be a mistake. If you strictly enforce a short play clock, there won't be time for elaborate celebrations. I mean I'd like 25 seconds, and that means, after a TD I give you 25 seconds to snap the ball and go for the XP.

Political nonsense and grandstanding aside the NFL is a boring product. There’s relatively little defense, QB play gets worse every year outside of the marquee guys, catches are no longer catches, one guy determines the outcome of all reviewed play and unless you’re New England there is a flag more often than not.

I think this is the main thing. Personally the kneeling doesn't bother me, but if the football is good, I don't mind if the contract they sign forces them to stand either. Make it a better game.

Reactions: Jakey_John
Throw in the douchebags like Ben, Pouncey, etc F'em.

My thing is, I don't care what the people are like, they are just TV characters to me, I never care what they do outside the 60 minutes of playing time. I do think McMahon is making a mistake if he goes with the strict choir boy thing, like not even DUIs? That's a joke, I'd be banned for life, lots of good people would, who's going to be left to play if you eliminate everyone for every little mistake, basically ZERO TOLERANCE life, one minor screw up and banned for life, fans should let them know that that is too much. Could you image if the XFL's Pittsburgh Yinzers made the championship game and their star QB got a J walking ticket, or even a DUI a week before the Billion Dollar McMahon Bowl and was banned from the league for life. There aren't enough perfect people to employ only those with 100% clean records.

Another thing I was thinking about, timing. They want to fit it into 2 hours, so I'd go with a 45 minute half, like soccer, running clock, no stoppage, the clock doesn't stop at all, except for injury. Then maybe the last 3 minutes, you have a 3 minute warning near the end of the half, and the rest of the game you have regular NFL style timing and you get 3 time outs for the whole game. And make it like soccer, NO COMMERCIAL TIME OUTS during each half. have ads that take up a part of the screen between plays, like they do during soccer games. I'd have a 25 second play clock and keep them running the whole time. TD... 25 seconds, XP....25 seconds, Kickoff.... 25 seconds, start drive. Also, kind of agreeing with SMF, no punting! But I'd allow FGs and no kicking XP, run a play for the XP- and maybe for a 2 point XP, spot it at the 10. With no punting, I think you'd want turnovers on down and short fields, since the game time is short, the more scoring the better. I allow FGs, because they can be exciting, like when someone wins a game on the last play with a 55 yarder for example. And OT, I'd go college style.

I'm excited about this in some way, I believe it will fail, but if McMahon asks for fan input, I'm going to write up my "re-envisioned" football game and send it in to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey_John
Personally, I stopped watching the NFL a couple of years ago because the product wasn't entertaining. Throw in the douchebags like Ben, Pouncey, etc F'em.
I'm totally with you. And Rapistberger & Mr Free Hernandez are the leaders of that Steeler locker room. No wonder ratings are down.

That said, I know from your posts on the other board that you are far from conservative. So I'm totally confused. In SMF's eyes, hating the NFL is a white conservative (racist) thing. There is absolutely no way you reside on the left side of the political spectrum. At least in SMF's world (bubble).

I'm totally with you. And Rapistberger & Mr Free Hernandez are the leaders of that Steeler locker room. No wonder ratings are down.

That said, I know from your posts on the other board that you are far from conservative. So I'm totally confused. In SMF's eyes, hating the NFL is a white conservative (racist) thing. There is absolutely no way you reside on the left side of the political spectrum. At least in SMF's world (bubble).

I find it amazing that YOU PEOPLE can't separate the personal lives from the TV Show? Can you watch a Rolling Stones concert, Freaking Keith Richard is a heroin addict? Can you watch anything with Charlie Sheen? Kevin Spacey? Dustin Hoffman? Bill Cosby?

President Trump has abused way, way, way more women than Ben! LOL. Will you vote for him, while hating Ben, who's never been charged with anything? Did Ben pay them off? Ok... Stormy Daniels.

I find it amazing that YOU PEOPLE can't separate the personal lives from the TV Show? Can you watch a Rolling Stones concert, Freaking Keith Richard is a heroin addict? Can you watch anything with Charlie Sheen? Kevin Spacey? Dustin Hoffman? Bill Cosby?

President Trump has abused way, way, way more women than Ben! LOL. Will you vote for him, while hating Ben, who's never been charged with anything? Did Ben pay them off? Ok... Stormy Daniels.
Honestly. No I can't. Which is why I didn't vote for Trump. And on the flip side I couldn't understand anyone voting for Killary.

That said, I came back to the NFL a bit this year. I'm no fan of the Rooneys gouging the tax payers. And I'm no fan of Ben. But their first three draft picks "seem" to be character guys and they brought in another in Joe Hayden. There's guys to root for. It will never be perfect...and I will never be 100% invested.

Isn't it time this thread get moved to the Locker Room. Leave it to SMF to get all political!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT