ADVERTISEMENT

OU and Texas offically apply to SEC for membership

SEC issued a statement that Texas and OU formally applied for membership.
You left out the most important part of that announcement….applied for membership beginning in 2025.

I’m sure that’s just the first volley and it will be a long volley back n forth to get to a mutually agreeable earlier exit, but still an important part of the announcement nonetheless.

You left out the most important part of that announcement….applied for membership beginning in 2025.

I’m sure that’s just the first volley and it will be a long volley back n forth to get to a mutually agreeable earlier exit, but still an important part of the announcement nonetheless.

I think they will be in the SEC in 2022. That statement is there for legal reasons, and it's up to the lawyers to figure it out from here.

I mean, there is a directive from both the ACC and Pac 12 commisioners, straight up said during their intro conferences, that "football eats first" and should be the main focus at all of their universities. There is a reason for that.

There is also a reason why Kansas may be left out in the cold.
Never challenged that nor did I say it was wrong. It's just worthy of noting that the ACC brand is surviving because it has more to provide. That's all.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Do you really think they are going to wait until 2025? That is what they are saying, but I would say the odds of that happening are Slim to None. I’d say they negotiate a settlement and will be playing in the SEC by 2023-24.
They are probably hoping enough other teams jump ship that the B12 is just disolved and they don't pay anything. I believe it only requires 4 more and the league no longer exists

Never challenged that nor did I say it was wrong. It's just worthy of noting that the ACC brand is surviving because it has more to provide. That's all.
Its surviving for now, but falling further behind. At the end of the day, if the gor holds, the accn is allowed to mature, and our football gets better, I think there is a long term chance to survive.

Its surviving for now, but falling further behind. At the end of the day, if the gor holds, the accn is allowed to mature, and our football gets better, I think there is a long term chance to survive.
The ACC's hope is the league allowed to stay intact until 2033-34 or whenever they can go to the open market with their TV rights (which by that time, they will NOT have done in about 3 decades). On the open market, the ACC is going to get paid. No, not B10/SEC money but possibly enough to keep people happy.

The ACC JUST has to to get the chance to get to the open market. Swofford and Co. botched that deal in 2008 or whenever when they didnt go to market and they are still paying the price.

Whoever is left in the Big 12 is going go be stupid to dissolve it.

I have already predicted 3-4 will go to the Pac 12 so if WVU, ISU, and the Kansas's are left, they should absolutely keep the league going and add some American Athletic schools and get rich off the buyouts/GOR settlement. This is what the old Big East did. UConn, Cincy, and USF were the last 3 left, they collected all the fees and renamed their conference the American Athletic Conference

Nobody is going to agree to join a new Big 12 unless the current teams commit to a new GOR, and nobody with any hope of jumping ship is going to sign that. They're in a catch-22 now. It is in everyone's best interest to accelerate the process and come to the final configuration as quickly as possible. Cincinnati isn't going to commit to join the Big 12 in 2025 when they can't even be sure anyone will be left by then.

It’s a shame that Okie Lite and WVU wouldn’t add enough to change ACC deal, because both would be a slam dunk in terms of helping the ACC football brand on the field. WVU because of Pitt, VPI and Louisville and Okie Lite because it’s a damn good program.

Nobody is going to agree to join a new Big 12 unless the current teams commit to a new GOR, and nobody with any hope of jumping ship is going to sign that. They're in a catch-22 now. It is in everyone's best interest to accelerate the process and come to the final configuration as quickly as possible. Cincinnati isn't going to commit to join the Big 12 in 2025 when they can't even be sure anyone will be left by then.

Yeah, you would think that this wouldn't be that hard to understand. Why on earth would Cincinnati commit to joining a four team Big 12 when the four teams in the Big 12 are all looking for the exit doors? Especially since a four team Big 12 would be too small to be an official NCAA conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT