ADVERTISEMENT

Out

I mean... I think people love to whine and cry about biases and homers, etc...

But we aren’t in because we’re a northern team who’s not traditionally good in a southern conference. It’s bullshit.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Yep I couldn’t say anything before but we got bumped because the committed preferred recency bias and obviously we just weren’t very good down the stretch.

Tough one as we were generally thought as “in” and not even a true bubble team while a team like LSU isn’t expected in but gets a 2 seed and Bama was a shocking inclusion

Reactions: W1np1tt
Sucks we are out. But to blame the acc? If anything some of our wins kept us in the discussion.

Next time how about we don't lose 8 out of like our last 10 games to finish a season. 3 of those against a wake forest team that was not playing well.

Reactions: jctrack
We aren't in because in the couple weeks after the NCAA named us as one of the 20 potential hosts for the first rounds of the tournament we went 3-9.

Ok but you can make similar cases for any of the teams close to the bubble who got in. Nobody on the bubble has a perfect resume.

But there’s a clear reason Alabama and UNC are in and Pitt isn’t.

it's officially bucco baseball only in pittsburgh until steelers camp opens in july. I sad. I'll be following whoever the bucs draft on Vandy.

Ok but you can make similar cases for any of the teams close to the bubble who got in. Nobody on the bubble has a perfect resume.

But there’s a clear reason Alabama and UNC are in and Pitt isn’t.

If they really cared about getting certain teams in then it wouldn’t have been UNC.....it would have been Louisville because they’re a big team for the league and have a chance to win with their talent.

And I know what I’m talking about. I knew we were on the outside before the show started. ACC had nothing to do with UNC. Our record in last 15 games did us in

If they really cared about getting certain teams in then it wouldn’t have been UNC.....it would have been Louisville because they’re a big team for the league and have a chance to win with their talent.

And I know what I’m talking about. I knew we were on the outside before the show started. ACC had nothing to do with UNC. Our record in last 15 games did us in

It’s not about the ACC. I know you work within baseball. It’s the selection committee. They would rather have UNC and Alabama in than Pitt.

They were going to use whatever metric necessary to justify it. Of course, if we would have taken care of business we would have left them no choice. But when you’re Pitt, your resume can’t be SLIGHTLY better (which it is). It has to be much better.

They don’t care about winning, they care about taking care of Duke and UNC. It’s always been the case. I can’t predict anything about this upcoming football season but I can predict one thing: the officiating will be in their favor when we play those teams. Guaranteed

Except for the fact Pitt beat them and were considered a lock to be in within baseball circles

So you think that someone from the ACC (the commissioner perhaps) called up the head of the selection committee and told them that they should put North Carolina in and leave Pitt out.

Come on man, that's just nuts.

Reactions: ThePanthers
They don’t care about winning, they care about taking care of Duke and UNC. It’s always been the case. I can’t predict anything about this upcoming football season but I can predict one thing: the officiating will be in their favor when we play those teams. Guaranteed

They don’t have that ability in this situation

Reactions: ThePanthers
So you think that someone from the ACC (the commissioner perhaps) called up the head of the selection committee and told them that they should put North Carolina in and leave Pitt out.

Come on man, that's just nuts.

Conferences certainly promote certain teams in all sports

Reactions: gary2
If you listened to the selection committee dude then you know why Alabama and North Carolina ahead of Pitt.

Strength of Schedule:
Alabama - 2
North Carolina - 7
Pitt - 26

I mean it's dumb if that's their most important criteria, but if it is then it's easy to see why they picked them over us.

If you want to say nationally the perception of our program vs theirs played into it, then sure. But the acc? That's just plain dumb.

If you listened to the selection committee dude then you know why Alabama and North Carolina ahead of Pitt.

Strength of Schedule:
Alabama - 2
North Carolina - 7
Pitt - 26

I mean it's dumb if that's their most important criteria, but if it is then it's easy to see why they picked them over us.

Like I said... they were always going to find some metric to justify it.

It’s okay to acknowledge that we got screwed and also that we could’ve done more to control our destiny.

Reactions: Chaos and gary2

It’s okay to acknowledge that we got screwed and also that we could’ve done more to control our destiny.

Well Alabama also had an RPI of 33 as opposed to our 50, so it's not like there was just one metric where they were better than us.

And I'm not saying that I don't think we should be in. I'm saying that the notion that the reason we aren't in is because the ACC wanted North Carolina in and not us is batshit crazy. We aren't in because when we had a chance, or, really, lots of chances, to take it out of the committee's hands we didn't. We aren't in because after the covid pause we lost way too many games, including some against some really bad teams.

We had a berth well in hand a month before the season ended, and proceeded to give them way too many reasons to consider keeping us out.

Pitt apparently was the second team out.

Pitt had an epic collapse, and has no one but themselves to blame. Just like in 2013 when they lost 6 of their last 8. And getting swept by rpi #92 Wake was a dagger. Can't leave it in the hands of others.

Last edited:

I'd be more upset with Michigan getting in than Alabama and UNC. Who the hell did Michigan beat?

Reactions: Black Panther
Much of this is about the southeastern teams that can bring fans to these regional sites. Regardless of wether the Panthers got screwed ( I believe they did ), the NCAA can eat death as far as I am concerned. All of their committees and enforcement groups Blah Blah Blah should look for new leadership or just go away completely.

You guys know how much I hate to say I told you so. Honestly, being this intelligent is a burden. I wished I was wrong more often. There's no surprises when you know college sports like I do.

I said Pitt need to win beat UNC and NC State to get in. I was right. Most of you were not.

I said Pitt needed to throw their ace on 2 weeks rest vs WVU. They ended up missing the NCAAT by a game. I was right. Every game at that point mattered the same.

It was COMPLETE incompetence that those kids didnt get vaccinated in early March when vaccines were plentiful. Living on a college campus, playing D1 sports but putting off getting vaccinated? Serves those kids right. They dont deserve to make the NCAAT. And it serves the Pity coaching staff and administration right. Covid is running rampant on Pitt's campus, vaccines are available everywhere, Pitt baseball is rolling along but no one thought it would be a good idea to help those kids obtain vaccines.

What a disgrace!

You guys know how much I hate to say I told you so. Honestly, being this intelligent is a burden. I wished I was wrong more often. There's no surprises when you know college sports like I do.

I said Pitt need to win beat UNC and NC State to get in. I was right. Most of you were not.

I said Pitt needed to throw their ace on 2 weeks rest vs WVU. They ended up missing the NCAAT by a game. I was right. Every game at that point mattered the same.

It was COMPLETE incompetence that those kids didnt get vaccinated in early March when vaccines were plentiful. Living on a college campus, playing D1 sports but putting off getting vaccinated? Serves those kids right. They dont deserve to make the NCAAT. And it serves the Pity coaching staff and administration right. Covid is running rampant on Pitt's campus, vaccines are available everywhere, Pitt baseball is rolling along but no one thought it would be a good idea to help those kids obtain vaccines.

What a disgrace!
You nailed it!

Reactions: pittjas

What a disgrace!

How can you blame vaccines? The general population wasn’t even eligible for a vaccine until mid-April. That group is only now becoming fully vaccinated

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT