ADVERTISEMENT

Out

Exactly. I’m a young person and it WAS possible to get them before that.... but only on an individual basis and you had to actively search/work hard to do so.

Acting like they could have just scheduled a bus to take the Pitt baseball team to CVS on March 1st is typical SMF.
I didn't say Pitt should have taken the team to CVS on March 1. I said they should have had an intern with social media accounts and a phone list of pharmacies to keep calling. I got so many of these notifications starting in early March, it got to be annoying. In fact, for you people who think I'm lying and that it was 100% impossible to get vaccinated before "your turn," I posted on the football board in March about pharmacies having too much supply and not enough demand and having to advertise shots.

I didn't say Pitt should have taken the team to CVS on March 1. I said they should have had an intern with social media accounts and a phone list of pharmacies to keep calling. I got so many of these notifications starting in early March, it got to be annoying. In fact, for you people who think I'm lying and that it was 100% impossible to get vaccinated before "your turn," I posted on the football board in March about pharmacies having too much supply and not enough demand and having to advertise shots.

Again, the one key thing here is that the players Had to have wanted to get it.

Which is not a given with 18-23 year olds.

And it’s a personal issue to some degree. The coach can’t “strongly recommend it” just because he wants to win baseball games.

And I’m not anti-vax or defending those who don’t get it. I’m young and vaccinated. We all should be. But you’re making an argument that just isn’t realistic in the way the world works. With real people.

Exactly. I’m a young person and it WAS possible to get them before that.... but only on an individual basis and you had to actively search/work hard to do so.

Acting like they could have just scheduled a bus to take the Pitt baseball team to CVS on March 1st is typical SMF.

How was it possible for a college student to get the vaccine before PA moved past the 1A group?

How was it possible for a college student to get the vaccine before PA moved past the 1A group?

Places didn’t want to throw away doses so they were filling any open appointments with people who didn’t yet qualify. Or if you went to certain places at the end of the day you might get lucky and get whatevers left that they didn’t want to throw away.

It definitely was possible and I know several kids in their 20s vaccinated in March. But acting like you could just go online and make an appointment easily or have a Pitt Athletics vaccine clinic at that point is just silly.

The vaccines had a very specific shelf life and handling procedure so whatever vaccinations were scheduled for a day could not be postponed. Plenty of sites were advertising that there were unfilled appointments available outside of 1A and there were other opportunities where people failed to show up for appointments and shots would be wasted if unused.

Aside from that, a lot of athletes could have qualify based on BMI.

How are you still asking this 100 posts in? Anyone could have gotten vaccinated in March if you did a small amount of research to know who had extra shots. There were so many extra shots that ANYONE could have found a place to get one. Supply greatly exceeded demand.

Again, the one key thing here is that the players Had to have wanted to get it.

Which is not a given with 18-23 year olds.
I understand that but probably every single one will get it before fall semester. It might even be a Pitt requirement. So their 5 month wait to get vaccinated will have cost them the NCAA Tournament

I understand that but probably every single one will get it before fall semester. It might even be a Pitt requirement. So their 5 month wait to get vaccinated will have cost them the NCAA Tournament

Correct but 5 more months of time seeing other people get it COMBINED with a university mandate is very, very different than pushing it on the team in March when it’s still relatively new solely to win baseball games.

You do understand that, right? These are actual human beings.

Correct but 5 more months of time seeing other people get it COMBINED with a university mandate is very, very different than pushing it on the team in March when it’s still relatively new solely to win baseball games.

You do understand that, right? These are actual human beings.
I do understand that. And my entire point was that baseball was not as important to these guys as partying and not getting Covid. That is fine. Baseball doesn't have to be their whole life. But I feel no sympathy for this team. They could have avoided partying like basically every other baseball team seeing as how they had pretty much the latest pause in the country and had to essentially seek out Covid since they got it so late. I understand some may have been hesitant to get it but the reality is these college kids don't give an eff about anything so if some admin said that Pharmacy XYZ has 20 shots left and UPMC's recommendation is they get vaccinated, basically all of them would have shown up at the pharmacy

I do understand that. And my entire point was that baseball was not as important to these guys as partying and not getting Covid. That is fine. Baseball doesn't have to be their whole life. But I feel no sympathy for this team. They could have avoided partying like basically every other baseball team seeing as how they had pretty much the latest pause in the country and had to essentially seek out Covid since they got it so late. I understand some may have been hesitant to get it but the reality is these college kids don't give an eff about anything so if some admin said that Pharmacy XYZ has 20 shots left and UPMC's recommendation is they get vaccinated, basically all of them would have shown up at the pharmacy

I know kids currently playing at other ACC schools.

They never stopped partying. Believe me.

It’s all just luck. There was a COVID pause. So what. It happens when you play in the middle of a pandemic.

Reactions: bwh05
I know kids currently playing at other ACC schools.

They never stopped partying. Believe me.

It’s all just luck. There was a COVID pause. So what. It happens when you play in the middle of a pandemic.
Right and maybe baseball wasnt as important to those kids either and they just got lucky. I dont really blame the kids for partying, being careless, and not getting vaccinated. Just saying that baseball wasnt that important to them and they have nobody to blame but themselves. Last Covid pause in the country!

Last edited:
Right and maybe baseball wasnt as important to those kids either and they just got lucky. I dont really blame the kids for partying, being careless, and not getting vaccinated. Just saying that baseball wasnt that important to them and they have nobody to blame but themselves. Last Covid pause in the country!
I have asked you twice before and received no reply. Where in western PA did you and all your friends and family get your vaccines in early March? In PA it was not legal for pharmacies to be giving out vaccines to those not qualified to get them. I have a friend(under 50) who walked in to a pharmacy and got his 1st vaccine. Later the pharmacy was penalized(lost vaccines)over this and my friend was unable to get his 2nd dose until he qualified.
Again, tell us what pharmacies in west PA gave all of your friend and families their vaccines In early March.

Reactions: bwh05
You are so out of touch with young people and college athletics with regards to COVID.

College athletes all over the country partied the whole way through the pandemic. And many still don’t have the vaccine or won’t until they are forced too.

Just the way it is. Quit making a stupid point that’s not realistic.
I can personally attest to this.

I have asked you twice before and received no reply. Where in western PA did you and all your friends and family get your vaccines in early March? In PA it was not legal for pharmacies to be giving out vaccines to those not qualified to get them. I have a friend(under 50) who walked in to a pharmacy and got his 1st vaccine. Later the pharmacy was penalized(lost vaccines)over this and my friend was unable to get his 2nd dose until he qualified.
Again, tell us what pharmacies in west PA gave all of your friend and families their vaccines In early March.
They were available everywhere! How many times do I have to tell you! Supply greatly exceeded demand so by early to mid-March, you could have called just about any pharmacy offering them and asked if they had extras and just about all did. It doesn't matter which individual pharmacy I got mine at. Everyone had them. It was all over social media back then. "XYZ Pharmacy has extra vaccines. Accepting appointments for anybody between 2-4 today."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT